• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Predator: Hunting Grounds | Ultimate Adversary Trailer

Typhares

Predator: Hunting Grounds Launches April 24, 2020 on PlayStation 4 and on PC through Epic Game Store.

HUNT OR BE HUNTED
Play an asymmetrical multiplayer* shooter that pits man against Predator. As part of a 4 person Fireteam, complete missions before the Predator finds you. Or be the Predator and hunt your prey.

Enter the World of Predator:
Enter a world that looks and feels completely authentic to the lore of the Predator universe. The lush jungle comes alive with the sights and sounds of military bravado moving toward their objective. While up in the trees, a flash of light and an ominous clicking sound belay that the team is about to face deadly opposition. From the epic Predator theme song to the signature light-bending cloaking and thermal Predator vision, fans of the Predator-verse will revel in both familiar and new canon.

Human vs. Alien Weaponry:
As a Fireteam member, wield a state-of-the-art arsenal, from pistols to assault rifles, shotguns, grenades and heavy weapons.** As the Predator, hunt with deadly alien tech including the shoulder-mounted Plasma Caster, Combistick, Smart Disc, Wrist Blades, and more.**

Jungle Warfare:
Drop into several conflict zones in South America, treacherous, thick with ranging trees and sprawling undergrowth. Guerilla soldiers are well-camouflaged between guarding shanty hide-outs at the water’s edge. Whether a Fireteam moves as a unit or takes a strategic split approach to reach each objective, the rich setting offers a diverse environment to perfect your approach. For the Predator, the trees are perfect for using otherworldy skills, crawling up tree trunks and stealthing through branches to stalk prey with frightening speed.

VulcanRaven

This looks great. I wish the 1987 Predator wouldn't be a pre-order bonus. It should be the default Predator. I hope they also include Predator 2 skin.

Last edited:

RAIDEN1

Seeing as we aren't going to get a new Predator movie anytime soon, this is about as good as it gets *possibly....until Disney decides to let go of the shackles...

Holammer

Looks alright, but it's not for me. I'm more curious how it says "on PC through Epic Game Store." in the description on an official PlayStation YT video. The Resident Evil 3 video does not mention anything similar about Steam, same with Babylon's Fall.
So Epic and Sony might be getting chummy.

molasar

Banned
Looks alright, but it's not for me. I'm more curious how it says "on PC through Epic Game Store." in the description on an official PlayStation YT video. The Resident Evil 3 video does not mention anything similar about Steam, same with Babylon's Fall.
So Epic and Sony might be getting chummy.
Sony already mentioned before that they will be opening to other platforms. Also it could be that they are funding themselves the whole project.

Last edited:

molasar

Banned
Preorders:

Predator: Hunting Grounds PC

Predator: Hunting Grounds PS4

Predator: Hunting Grounds Digital Deluxe Edition PS4

11307rX4ZOAB1Bcocgq1fEwodUz6HsdszK6pn-OHGbIfYICwy2b3ZuE1Trbzd4Bq_iLktOgAiEC8DouxNRUDdPqLOfU9A4Ph.png

11307j9GH1MzbkRSwxPJKu-If6d-JnGC4lq4fLVz-2vtby9grbIeJX081llrVOS7VCZTpuGff2O0C5ThBvWtE0yzqvYztGAX.png

Diesel%2Fproductv2%2Fpredator-hunting-grounds%2Fhome%2FCRE1089_Predator_Epic_Store_PreOrder_001_TH-1920x1080-ce7226b9c4032127e7f940cc7670a42739211725.png

INC

Predator with a bow and arrow just looks dumb if I'm honest.

And im sure there's a gameplay reason, but playing predator I'm 3rd person also annoys me

Bryank75

Banned
Looks cool, hope they have the Celtic predator and some of the other cool varients, like the clan leader and elite hunter....

Hope it plays well cause it really looks fun!

azz0r

Banned
Any clues on the engine theyre using? They fucked up Friday the 13th so bad (even though I loved it), I hope Sony gave them some help.

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
Man, I'm really excited about this, but BOY do I wish we had a new solid AVP dropping. Like a proper 3. The most recent one was aaaaaalright, but man, I really want a proper sequel to 2. Ugh.
This. Or at the very least for this to have a proper campaign apart from the alien franchise. There are plenty of predator books and comics to draw from. I read a couple of the books years ago and they're pretty good for what they are.

molasar

Banned
There was no harm if they added a single player campaign, on the hunt....along with your CPU controlled commandos..etc..
My guess is that a budget for this game is rather small, so a separate module in a style of CoD is out of the picture. I do not even think you can create an interesting story on a level of Predator: Concrete Jungle game for it. In this one, a plot is simple: Predators are here to hunt and a military team to accomplish a series of tasks, then evacuate. All available maps are set in a jungle.
Anyway I would rather have a multiplayer game with a really good gameplay system + offline bots mode which adds to replayability than something with average gameplay and poor single player campaign that was put together quickly or even add some big city maps if they get a good idea how to do it instead.

Last edited:

Justin9mm

Other than the Predator character model, the gameplay mechanics and graphics look very bland and outdated to me. For 2020, this is uninspiring to say the least. I love Predator and want to like this game but I see an average or less than average game here.

molasar

Banned
Other than the Predator character model, the gameplay mechanics and graphics look very bland and outdated to me. For 2020, this is uninspiring to say the least. I love Predator and want to like this game but I see an average or less than average game here.
Have you seen gameplays from pre-alpha version? Especially those showing Predator traversal mechanics? IMO they nailed it. It is more dynamic than in any other FPP/TPP Predator game. Not to mention a low budget available to developers. Anyway what graphics and gameplay mechanics would you like to see?

molasar

Banned
how come they never send female predators in the movies?
They did. In 1987 one female Predator send her hubby to the Earth to get some human meat but he got killed somehow. Then she got there in 1997 to avenge her only true love. As a widow she even made a marriage proposal (check a photo below) to one of LA detectives. Although things went south in the end.
predator-2-marry-me.png

Last edited:

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
Do you guys think the PS4 player base on this will be ok? I'd rather get it there than PC but it seems kind of speculative to expect a consistently healthy population for an extended period.

molasar

Banned
Do you guys think the PS4 player base on this will be ok? I'd rather get it there than PC but it seems kind of speculative to expect a consistently healthy population for an extended period.

Probably it is going to have a cross-play feature with PCs. Also do not forget about PS5 backward compatibility.

molasar

Banned
I really need to convince my friends to get this.

It is easy. They must watch the first two Predator films only to get its concept. And if they like them, then show them the last trailer for the game. Otherwise it is not for them.

Guileless

I haven't watched Predator 2 since I rented the VHS tape from Blockbuster. Does it hold up?

Guileless

Probably it is going to have a cross-play feature with PCs. Also do not forget about PS5 backward compatibility.

I checked, and it looks like Sony has not revealed whether there will be crossplay yet. But since SOE is publishing on PC and PS4, I agree it's probably likely so I'm not going to worry about the console playerbase.

I vividly remember watching the original Predator when I was around 11 or 12. I was at a pool party where everyone's moms were playing bridge and not paying any attention to us. One of the moms had rented the VHS without realizing I guess that it was rated R. Needless to say Jesse Ventura's character made quite an impression on us. That was a great day.

Last edited:

VFXVeteran

Banned
thelastword thelastword Let's consider this a PS exclusive that is released to the PC (same thing as Death Stranding). I'm curious to see what differences in performance/3d features the two will have. We are going to see a lot of this happening throughout the year, so you should be able to get a bigger picture of unique exclusives that will finally be on a different platform.

Last edited:

thelastword

Banned
thelastword thelastword Let's consider this a PS exclusive that is released to the PC (same thing as Death Stranding). I'm curious to see what differences in performance/3d features the two will have. We are going to see a lot of this happening throughout the year, so you should be able to get a bigger picture of unique exclusives that will finally be on a different platform.
BTW you have many points of reference...….SFV does not look like a different game on PC, neither does Detroit, neither will Death Stranding......You will get higher Rez and frames, that's it...….These games were made for console tech......I know you are worried because these same devs are going to have 13TF, a more impressive custom engineered closed box, Fast and lots of VRAM and a beast of a GPU......I'm scared too for my eye-balls, seeing what they delivered here on 1.84TF and Jaguar cores......I understand why you are nervous.....as the trend of best looking games will continue on consoles, even over you 25TF 3080ti...…..but no problems, keep chasing that 480fps, Free AF, 16K on the same titles as the reason why you are spending $1500......I will spend $500 and nothing on that 3080ti will look better than GOW 2, Spiderman 2, Horizon 2, Days Gone and GT7.......and I expect lots of new IP's to take visual crowns as DC, Horizon and many new IP's did...

Top Bottom