• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arnold Schwarzenegger returns as Dutch in Predator: Hunting Ground DLC

molasar

Banned
Oh snap!!!

Next one better be:

pa1m97S.jpg

Be sure to drink like The Body does.

SALMORE

Awesome ! let's hope that they add the Danny Glover character from the second film , and let him voice the character unless he's to old for this shit

MacReady13

May sound petty but this has gotten my interest now! I might just have to purchase it, being that I’m a massive predator (original) fan.

molasar

Banned
tenor.gif

Why would anyone follow up on that ;((((((((((((((((((((

Are there any autistic super soldiers in the game too? Or autistic super Predators? Damn, I am so triggered!

There is nothing mentioned in the game about The Predator 2018 events. They just used Project Stargazer and Shawn Keyes character (Jake Busey did a voice over for him) from it.

molasar

Banned
But can't you be the Jungle Predator from the original movie?

It is only a skin (exclusive to pre-orders) but for some reasons they used a modernized shoulder cannon on it. Anyways they presented us a model/concept of Dutch for the game's storyline but it does not mean that a skin of him from 1987 won't be available at some point.

VulcanRaven

But can't you be the Jungle Predator from the original movie?
I don't think the continuity is that important when it comes to the Predators. Also we have seen many Predators with the similar mask in the movies. I'm sure we will get more movies skins as DLC.

Last edited:

Kusarigama

Illfonic got Arnold to do the voice acting for Dutch and it makes me wonder why NRS got another voice actor to do Terminator in MK11.

MiguelItUp

Is this game any good, I'm all for new predator content since there's a drought
Game is a lot of fun if you can look passed jank and minor bugs. I'm playing on PC and have really enjoyed it. Maxed out at level 100 and put about 62 hours in? Things will improve with time for sure, and they've got a lot of content planned for it so it's just gonna get better IMO.

Why would anyone follow up on that ;((((((((((((((((((((
Are there any autistic super soldiers in the game too? Or autistic super Predators? Damn, I am so triggered!
Because it was the last film that came out unfortunately, well and it's still canon until someone says it isn't. But just as molasar molasar mentioned, it only mentioned Project Stargazer to give you an idea that the game takes place after that film. Well, and Shawn Keye's voice is in the game. Shawn Keyes (Jake Busey) is the son of Peter Keye's (Gary Busey) that was in Predator 2. Other than that there are no references to The Predator, and rightfully/understandably so.

Last edited:

sublimit

Banned
I love the first 2 Predator movies but unfortunatelly the game doesn't look like something i'd want to play.
Btw since everyone is posting gifs this was one of the most memorable scenes from the first movie: :messenger_sunglasses:
ChiefZigzagCoot-size_restricted.gif

MiguelItUp

This will be released tomorrow. I wonder what the price will be? If its just a skin I hope it won't be too expensive.
Considering the prices of F13's content, I can't imagine it'll be too high. But we'll see. It sounds like it's adding a whole other thing. Cause they mentioned something about collecting tapes and receiving a rank increase? But who knows. We'll find out tomorrow!

Hoping it's a decent amount of DLC. Hopefully it comes with a fat patch of fixes too.

molasar

Banned

Last edited:

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
I take a back seat to nobody in my fandom for the Predator generally and the original film in particular. That said, I watched the 2018 version during quarantine and I was so disappointed that I pretty much gave up on the idea of playing this game. It's in the discussion of the worst movie I have ever sat through from start to finish without turning off.

Sadly, Alien vs. Predator Requiem is also on that shortlist.

molasar

Banned

NECA-Alpha-Predator-Gallery-002.jpg

NECA-Alpha-Predator-Gallery-005.jpg

NECA-Alpha-Predator-Gallery-007.jpg

Last edited:

VulcanRaven

The Dutch skin looks great. I like the voice commands. I need to listen the tapes soon. Only bad thing is that often you see many Dutches in the same match because many use him.

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

So stoked on that Alpha Predator leak, haha. I just want this game to have more and more. I hope that in a matter of months it'll be so wonderful. I've loved it since launch, but it was definitely missing some things and could use some more. But it's all coming! I really can't wait for more maps.

Also, not gonna lie, I absolutely love multiple Dutchs running around. All the Arnie vocals, haha. It's so good.

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

Why is Dutch from this game old Arnie and T-800 from Mortal Kombat old Arnie? Why not Arnie in his prime? It's still cool to have him.
Well, this is Dutch from 2025. But don't get bummed, it definitely looks like they will add more skins to Dutch. So classic Dutch has to be there! That old T-800 Arnie was because of that silly Dark Fate movie, lmao. :pie_eyeroll:

Top Bottom