• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POLL: How will you abbreviate 'Xbox Series X'?

Your favorite abbreviation

• Total voters
Let's do this, instead of complaining about the name.

Usual conventions demand that it'd be 3 letters, but of course you're free to challenge the norm.

What's your favorite?

I abreviate the Xbox One's to XO, XOS and XOX, so I'll probably go with XSX.

I fully expect Xbox Sex to be the common joke name though.

Not even joking: SeX rolls off the tongue and it makes sense.

I'm not gonna say XSX, way too difficult. Same for XSeX. I added SRX because it'd be a good way to emphasize the Series-part without looiking like, well, Sex, lol.

But personally, SeX sounds good. There's nothing dirty or bad about sex, so whatever, let's not be prude. And if it keeps dumb kids from getting an Xbox from their parents, all the better 🤷‍♀️

JordanN

Banned
Sex sells.

x8iBvlb.jpg

Last edited:

MayauMiao

Its bad enough that Xbox One was made fun with XBone, now everyone is poking fun with the SEX meme.

I think many will also be confused with console as being an actual sequel to Xbox One, or another upgrade just like Xbox One X.

Bankai

I think it'll get another name when released. It'll be part of the X Series. Like "Anaconda", part of X series. Then I'll just call it Big Dick.

Rayderism

I personally abbreviated the XBOX One series as XB1, XB1S and XB1X, so XBOX Series X would be XBSX.

Heh, just realized that it looks like xBSx. LOL! But still, seems the most reasonable for clarity and brevity.

M0G

It'll be Xbox like it's always been. The only thing that changes is what you call the previous models. So it'll be Original, 360 and Xbox One. I've never been fussed with forcing it down to a 3 characters. Playstation's different of course because it's always PS+1

Vawn

Banned
We still need to know what the other model is called. I assume the Series X is the high end model and there will be something like "Series S".

We need to differentiate between all the models on the store shelves at time of release.

Xbox One
Xbox One S
Xbox One SAD
Xbox One X
Xbox Series X
Xbox Series S?

VAL0R

Banned
Maybe they will have 2 lines going forward:

Series X: The high performance tier. See Xbox One X and soon Anaconda(Series X).
Series S: The peasant tier. See Xbox One S and Lockhart.

With every refresh the current X is replaced by the next-gen S refresh and a new performance bar is created for the incoming X.

Gavin Stevens

Formerly 'o'dium'
Xbox. Same as every other one.

NOPE. Changed my mind. This is the SX. And I LOVE calling it that.

Last edited:
Top Bottom