• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Sword/Shield - List of ALL REMOVED Pokemon

Does anyone already have information how many of the pokemon are obtainable within the Sword/Shielf games themselves?

Without transfers, trading, amiibos or special events (e.g. visiting RL pokecenters or whatever)?

To me the variety of Pokemon catchable within a single game is more important than some theoretical upper limit which could achieved by jumping through bunch of hoops (ie. transfering from old games and old systems spanning multiple generations).

I understand that it's an important feature for hard-core fans, but for somebody who buys a pokemon game every couple generations for that nostalgia hit, the amount of variety I can get within that single game is much more important.

400+35 is the maximum number so far. There's 400 that are known from the datamine but there's another 35 that you can't catch in game and are speculated to be for events, etc.

"Catching them all" even from past generations has never been a problem because the series has always provided catch up opportunities in every gen and the GTS system made it easy to fill in the blanks with breeding. Do you want another starter? Just breed a couple of whatever starter you picked, i.e finnekin. Put a couple of Finnekin's in the GTS deposit slot for a Froaking, Turtwig, Mudkip or whatever. Come back later and boom you got the rest of the starters.

During the 3DS era you could get a complete national dex pre gen 7 by just owning one version XY and ORAS. I did it and it wasn't even that hard with the GTS. Plus ORAS and Ultra Sun/Moon pretty much gave you a chance to catch every previous generation legendary pokemon in the entire series. I think ORAS was missing the legendary birds from gen 1 but Ultra Sun/Moon had them all. Plus you weren't restricted to a choice of 1/3 legendary when that specific gen was first out.

Plus there was no jumping through hoops from previous handheld generations from DS to 3DS because the 3DS can play DS games, you just pop the DS cart in and transfer them.

Obmont

Neo Member
400+35 is the maximum number so far. There's 400 that are known from the datamine but there's another 35 that you can't catch in game and are speculated to be for events, etc.

"Catching them all" even from past generations has never been a problem because the series has always provided catch up opportunities in every gen and the GTS system made it easy to fill in the blanks with breeding. Do you want another starter? Just breed a couple of whatever starter you picked, i.e finnekin. Put a couple of Finnekin's in the GTS deposit slot for a Froaking, Turtwig, Mudkip or whatever. Come back later and boom you got the rest of the starters.

During the 3DS era you could get a complete national dex pre gen 7 by just owning one version XY and ORAS. I did it and it wasn't even that hard with the GTS. Plus ORAS and Ultra Sun/Moon pretty much gave you a chance to catch every previous generation legendary pokemon in the entire series. I think ORAS was missing the legendary birds from gen 1 but Ultra Sun/Moon had them all. Plus you weren't restricted to a choice of 1/3 legendary when that specific gen was first out.

Plus there was no jumping through hoops from previous handheld generations from DS to 3DS because the 3DS can play DS games, you just pop the DS cart in and transfer them.

Didn't they take GTS out too? I saw something about it but haven't had time to confirm.

Didn't they take GTS out too? I saw something about it but haven't had time to confirm.

So far there's no evidence that suggests the GTS is in the game. Leakers have been playing physical retail copies that got sold early and there's no trace of it.

A big reason people are pissed is because we would not have found about all these cut features unless there were leaked copies. Game Freak has not been forward with the public at all and has been more deceptive then EA, Activision, and Bethesda combined yet they're getting a free pass by the media "becuz but muh Nintendo". So much so that the media has been out promoting #thankyougamefreak instead of reporting on major features that were cut.

Yet when people start asking questions and get critical (especially when the game kinda looks like trash) people are just told "shut the fuck up and pay $120 for both versions"

Just going off the overall attitudes from games media like the gamespot chick. But I'm more pointing towards games media that is flat out covering for Game Freak, they are deliberately promoting the whole #thankyougamefreak thing artificially inflating it when it's a non story to obfuscate the negative buzz.

https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/11/09/pokemon-thank-you-game-freak-sword-shield-leaks-hashtag
https://www.polygon.com/2019/11/11/20959420/pokemon-sword-shield-pokedex-game-freak-trending
https://www.gamesradar.com/this-is-why-thankyougamefreak-is-trending-worldwide-on-twitter/
https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2019-11-09-why-pokemon-thankyougamefreak-is-trending

Yet none of them are reporting about cut major features hardly nor is there any negative impressions despite the game looking like trash. But when it's a low hanging fruit on a company that's okay to rag on they all dogpile and go "OMG LOOK AT WHAT EA DID!! GET THE TORCHES EVERYONE!!"

edit: "I was being more figurative about the "shut the fuck up and pay $120" but my post explains why I get that attitude from games media. For example if I google "#thankyougamefreak I get tons of articles from major outlets. Yet if I google "pokemon gts cut" there's nada from any major outlets.

Last edited:

Fbh

Hey at least we got these beautiful cut scenes now :messenger_tears_of_joy:

LOL holy shit.
Thank god they cut all of those pokemon so we could get these cutscenes which are really worthy of a 2019 $60 console game expected to sell more than 10 million copies,

cabbage5k2

SfGRpCI.gif

I'm beginning to wish that this game would just go full Sonic 06 on us. If it's going to be crap, then at least go full crap in the most hilarious way possible.

This game will be a disaster.
Not only are like 60% of the mons cut but every fucking feature you liked as well.
GTS? Cut.
TMs? Back to one time use for almost all the most useful attacks.
Even certain attacks got cut, like Hidden Power.
Endgame content? Minimal.
And you better like that Exp Share All. You can't switch it off.

That, and all the weird visual glitches, bad animations and STOPPING fucking time itself while climbing a ladder is the result of all the "advanced animations, and high fidelity of HD games" that was promised in exchange for all these cuts.

And only one of them (the dex cut) was ever publicly acknowledged.
It's only thanks to leakers and data miners that we know of all the other shit. They hoped we would just buy the game like good little sheep an then find out that it was a gutted pig.

#FuckGameFreak

Last edited:
Top Bottom