• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Brilliant Diamond/Shining Pearl is the second biggest boxed game launch of 2021 | UK Boxed Charts

Ryu Kaiba

I really doubt that.

For all its faults, Pokémon has the aesthetic and collection down to a T. It's cute and it's fun to collect monsters. Then on top of that in terms of video games (and card/table top games), they were the first to do it and therefore have a massive mindshare.

Perhaps one day something really good (that mainly looks good and cute - so no Digimon) will emerge as an alternative combined with a collapse in the popularity of Pokémon. I can't see that happening any time soon though.
You just don't have the vision kid.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
And I still don't know what that is. But I do know what Pokémon (and even Digimon and Yugio) are.

Funny that. It's almost like just being the first isn't enough. That you have to have some, like say, very cute, easy to like characters.
Well Pokemon is much more child friendly compare to SMT series.

wzKhosV.png
481.png

Last edited:

Umbasaborne

Banned
Wow, i guess loyal pokemon ass kissers will lap up whatever low effort swill comes from tpc. This is why they improve and innovate at a snails pace

Fbh

And that's why Pokemon will continue being a low budget and low effort franchise for the foreseeable future

Funny that. It's almost like just being the first isn't enough. That you have to have some, like say, very cute, easy to like characters.

What? You telling me dick on a wheelchair monster plushies wouldn't sell out on Christmas?
Megami-Tensei.jpg

Top Bottom