• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Showcase Officially Announced for Next Wednesday, May 24 at 1pm Pacific Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daneel Elijah

Gold Member
Timing seems weird to me. They've known about Microsoft's June showcase for months. Why show this before that? Especially if it's filled with huge announcements that everyone will love?

Just wait until after Microsoft's, outdo them, and steal their thunder/take advantage of peoples' disappointment in the showcase.
For the last few years I think that Sony prefers having a game in the usual E3 timeslot. Ratchet&Clank in 2021, Forspoken(lol) and Stray in may/June 2022, and finally Final fantasy 16 in June 2023. No need to be last if you can do better than promises: games.
This time I think that they may have a state of play for Armored Core 6/ Final Fantasy 16 planned for around the Xbox conference. So having a bigger showcase a few weeks before will be perfect.

G-Bus

Banned
Fuck yea! A whole hour of little devil inside. Bring the heat Sony.

Hopefully they aren't fucking around and it's a whole hour of non stop games.

Kusarigama

Here is me rooting for the Mortal Kombat 12 gameplay reveal. CGI announcement trailer tomorrow and gameplay at PlayStation showcase like MKX. Ed Boon saying fun week suggests so even as corroborated by Jez Corden and the other Nick guy

LETS GOOOO!!!
Angry Leonardo Dicaprio GIF

reksveks

June 11. Xbox Show.
The original comment feels like the dumbest complaint or one of them.
Timing seems weird to me. They've known about Microsoft's June showcase for months. Why show this before that? Especially if it's filled with huge announcements that everyone will love?
Guess what's on the 25th in Japan time, their segment updates for the year.

Last edited:
As well as all the heavily rumoured stuff, I would like a big new I.P announcement or glimpse.

Last gen we got GoT and Horizon AAAA franchises. This Gen's versions of those please.

Draugoth

Gold Member
Stuff Showing Up:

• Metal Gear Remake/Remastered (Heavily Teased)
  • Mortal Kombat One (Confirmed)
  • Spider Man 2 (November Release Date)
  • Sillent Hill 2 (2023 Release Date)

Stuff that might show up:

• Demon Souls for PC
  • Ghost of Tsushima for PC
  • Ghost of Tsushima 2
  • Castlevania
  • Wolverine
  • Death Stranding 2
  • Rise of Ronin

Wishful Thinking:

• Killzone Remake
  • Bloodborne 2/Remastered
  • GTA 6
  • Shadows of the Erdtree

Last edited:

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
I hope they have tried to differentiate their first party releases. Very tired of the same "cinematic-focused" bloated third person action adventure titles they have been doing for 10 years now. However, this *is* a Playstation Showcase, and much like their version of directs - usually suck and offer very little of any value or interest.

Last edited:

Mr.Phoenix

Just wait until after Microsoft's, outdo them, and steal their thunder/take advantage of peoples' disappointment in the showcase.
PlayStation works on Playstation time.

Now only if those that will say they are disappointed after the show just come now and say what they expect to be there.

We should have a prediction thread lol. Cause I know no matter what they show, this show will be disappointing to some.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
PlayStation works on Playstation time.
So does the pacing of their games.

Now only if those that will say they are disappointed after the show just come now and say what they expect to be there.
Fun, diverse (in terms of genre, art direction, length), and intricately and lovingly designed games.

We should have a prediction thread lol. Cause I know no matter what they show, this show will be disappointing to some.
To most, I would expect.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Yeah kinda, its the equivalent of what they did in 2021. Last Showcase was 40 minutes long, this one seems to be longer.

Nah, this is equivalent to their PS5 reveal show in June 2020. It was also a little over an hour long. Featured

1. Ratchet
  2. Demon Souls
  3. Horizon
  4. Miles
  5. GT7
  6. Returnal
  7. Pragmata
  8. Forspoken
  9. Deathloop
Plus a few others.

Expect something equivalent to that. 4-5 first party games. 4-5 third party games. if I had to guess:

1. Spiderman 2
  2. Wolverine
  3. TLOU Factions
  4. SSM new IP teaser
  5. TLOU3 teaser
  6. MGS3
  7. Silent Hill 2
  8. FF7 Remake 2
  9. Rise Of Ronin

Last edited:

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
I hope they have tried to differentiate their first party releases. Very tired of the same "cinematic-focused" bloated third person action adventure titles they have been doing for 10 years now. However, this *is* a Playstation Showcase, and much like their version of directs - usually suck and offer very little of any value or interest.
  • Sackboy (platformer)
  • Astrobot (platformer)
  • Gran Turismo (car simulation)
  • Destruction All Stars (vehicle combat)
  • Returnal (rogue-like 3D bullet hell)
  • Predators Hunting Ground (asymmetrical multiplayer)
  • Firewall (VR FPS)
Expand your horizons.

They are working on plenty of other games: first-person shooters, online multiplayer, car combat, co-op shooters, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom