• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation 5: Rumoured list of launch titles includes Gran Turismo 7, Black Ops 5 and a PUBG remaster, but no GTA VI.

Stafford

GT7... chuckle.

GTAVI, even more chuckle.

I seriously hope nobody was falling for that ridiculous shit about GTA.

bitbydeath

Ok, this Post is Full of Shit and should be ignorieren. There is no such thing as 8K@120FPS. HDMI 2.1 does not support that.

Sony achieved it last year and displayed it publicly at Interbee in Japan.

Sony’s giant 32×18 foot (or 440 inches if you prefer) crystal LED display (known as CLEDIS) which outputs 8K resolution at 120 frames per second with a viewing angle close to 180 degrees to provide the ultimate viewing experience for exhibition attendees.

Few people know this, but ever since the PS3 era you can daisy-chain PS3 consoles via Ethernet and render Gran Turismo on multiple screens.

It wouldn't surprise me if they did something similar with multiple early PS5 dev kits...

Ol'Scratch

I have to think that any "predictions" at this point are just throwing shit at a wall and hoping something sticks when it comes time to announce it so that they can say they were "first"

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
What no Half Life 3
Ok team it's 2005, let's work on HL 3

Ok team it's 2008, Steam is really taking off. Hold off on HL 3 for a bit and let's re-evaluate priorities

Ok team it's 2019, good job on making Steam the PC gamers' choice of digital store. You guys wanna hear something funny? I just received an email from a guy saying he is a game designer and would like to work at Valve to make games. His fav game is HL 2. LOL. I told him he's over 10 years too late. But I told him if he's interested in moderating comments sections, adjusting game prices, and ensuring our 30% cut of game sales accrues correctly, he's welcome to still apply

Last edited:

thelastword

Banned
The question is, will Sony revise their existing cross-play MP policy (i.e. OG PS4 vs Pro games should have the same framerate target on MP games)?
There is no crossplay between PS4 and PRO..... It's the same console and same generation there.....

You woukld probably need a 40-50tf machine to run GTS at 8k/120fps, thats not even exaggerating as well if you do the math.
People really need to get their expectations in check for next gen.
You would need 40-50Tf to run GTS, WOW!...... Just shows how big the disparity is between GTS and Forza 7, because you can run Forza 7 at 8k 60fps on Vega 56/64....which is 10-13Tf...

Will PS5 be able to run any PS4 games at 60fps?
Many or most...easily.....

Lone Wolf

Guerrilla has also expanded their staff quite a bit, has been radio-silent since The Frozen Wilds and the job posting is from April this year - it's not unreasonable to assume they'd be working on two games.
I would like to see them take a crack at Resistance instead of another Killzone.

truth411

Not all the launch games is on this list, there might be some new IP's too.....Killzone will most likely make it at launch....Perhaps even moreso than Horizon....

Guerilla has almost doubled in size after Horizon Zero Dawn...They can handle two projects like Naughty Dog......Most of SWWS have been expanding for the new gen........

https://wccftech.com/guerrilla-games-expand-release-faster/

"We have worked at Horizon for 6.5 years, which is exceptional: we want to release games in the two or three years, both new titles and games based on existing titles."

Bolded is key...…….

The thing is, there moving to a larger studio, that takes time and complicates development schedules.
Holiday 2021 would be better for Horizon 2. It would be the first main holiday game for the PS5.

Stuart360

You would need 40-50Tf to run GTS, WOW!...... Just shows how big the disparity is between GTS and Forza 7, because you can run Forza 7 at 8k 60fps on Vega 56/64....which is 10-13Tf...
And you can on a 1080ti, without any AA, but thats at 60fps, not 120fps.. Even a 2080ti cant come close to 120fps, and Forza 7 is amazingly optimized by PC game standards.
Point is this 8k/120fps hyperbole simply isnt happening.

D

Deleted member 738976

Unconfirmed Member
Looks like I'm waiting a few years because what a boring looking list so far. Plus the games I would maybe want I could get on the PS4.
60455269_1840157539417531_5546014859389326225_n.jpg

Reactions: Isa

xPikYx

GT7 would be a good next gen show-off, obviously raytraced. Horizon 2 would be good too. I would take TLOU2 as a good example of enhanced backward compatibility

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
According to the post, Sony still plans to launch Gran Turismo 7 with its upcoming console, which will be one of the early highlights of the PlayStation 5. Shirrako claims that Sony has showcased GT7 in 8K at 120 FPS, although we are highly suspect of this assertion. The PlayStation 5 is likely to support HDMI 2.1, which can only output content in a maximum of 8K at 60 FPS or 4K at 120 FPS. Hence, it appears more probable that GT7 will run in those resolutions and framerates, instead. Please see below for the full list of rumoured launch titles:
  • PUBG Remaster

https://www.notebookcheck.net/PlayS...d-a-PUBG-remaster-but-no-GTA-VI.424824.0.html

-----------

I think we've been hearing about Pubg Remastered, Tsushima Remastered and Lou2 Remastered for a while, these are no brainers tbh.....And on the other side of the rumormil, there have been lots of leaks of a new Bad Company for a while now actually and recently, a new Harry Potter game......I remember a thread last year or even early this year, where I said "Sony should launch the PS5 with GT7" and I thought it was highly likely and a good strategy, so it's good to see that this may be the focus afterall…...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooo!

giphy.gif

What a Disgusting List.

Zannegan

Harry Potter you say? Well, that could be interesting, if I believed a word of this.

Given the timing, I don't see how they could pass up launching with Spiderman 2, especially since the first Spiderman has been such a big showcase for PS5's load times. Maybe they only ported the game over as a tech demo (remember, this is enhanced, not just running in BC mode), but I kind of doubt it. Even if they had, though, now that the game is up and running, I don't see how they can miss having a sequel out for launch, unless they're saving it for year 2 on purpose.

thelastword

Banned
Ok, this Post is Full of Shit and should be ignorieren. There is no such thing as 8K@120FPS. HDMI 2.1 does not support that.
Oh really?

https://www.tweaktown.com/news/62978/auo-announces-85-inch-8k-120hz-hdr-tv-best/index.html

https://www.tweaktown.com/articles/8853/playstation-reportedly-teased-insane-8k-120fps/index.html

https://www.anandtech.com/show/14199/sharp-demonstrates-315inch-8k-120hz-hdr-monitor

https://www.anandtech.com/show/14204/sony-develops-16k-display-a-783inch-crystal-led-screen

A company that's already showing 16k can't show a TV which does 8k 120fp????? Marvellous..

Why remasters? Are we really going to do this on both consoles again? If so gross.
Remasters are great if done right, if you are Capcom, the payday guys, the dishonored guys, steer clear of these.....But all of Sony's remasters are excellent from the PS3 days....Bluepoint has a lot of jobs to receive yet......

I would be happy if namco can give us a new ridge racer at launch. Can namco count to 8? It would be awesome.
It's about time they gave us another, so a reboot of the series would be great....I think arcade racers can make a resurgence.....After DC, it's seems there's a deep rooted urge for some good track styled arcade racers...….

GT7 would be a good next gen show-off, obviously raytraced. Horizon 2 would be good too. I would take TLOU2 as a good example of enhanced backward compatibility
Indeed it would be, imagine the lighting we would get with PD using raytracing in GT7....

https://wccftech.com/gran-turismo-polyphony-raytracing/

I knew I remember reading it somewhere.

Remasters of upcoming PS4 games don't make sense. Especially when backwards-compatibility is mentioned.
BC will not necessarily give you the enhancements that a remaster can.......Sometimes we're looking at significant enhancement to the graphics, double the framerates, much higher AA and the list goes on......

Verdanth

Dear Sony,

I know it's probably early, but could you manage to make Spiderman 2 a launch title?

On a more serious note, assuming that list is true (which I highly doubt it), they're giving us reason to skip launch.

Reactions: Isa

DonF

That sounds good and all but...all I need is back compat. I supposed that I'll still be playing rocket league, overwatch and apex... maybe

cryptoadam

Banned
uneventuful and uninspring list.

So basically a bunch of cross gen games and 1 full on next gen game?

AC, COD, BF, Potter, Ghost, Last of US are all cross gen games and will be on PS4.

And even MS is doing this with Halo.

Remember when a new machine meant new games you could only get on that machine. Thats why there was a new gen. Seems like last gen and this gen the first year or so is going to be publishers trying to milk last gen as much as possible.

I still think Sony will have something up its sleeve, since they haven't announced any new games they are working on.

Kerotan

If that line up turned out to be true then Holy fuck. If you thought the stampeeds were bad last time this will be world war Z level shit.

GreatnessRD

The remasters have to stop. I don't want to buy the same game twice, they should just opt for a PS5 mode similar to what MS does with X Enhanced instead. The "remaster" version will just be a resolution and texture upscale anyways, still limited by the PS4 version...

Which erks the fuck outta me! Why are you dumbing down a version of a game because of older consoles? Sick of these casuals ruining everything. I have a newer console but can't get amazing grahpics because some fraud still has the PS3 version of the game I'm supposed to get remastered, so y'all wanna have some twisted version of parity. FOH, meatballs!

*Sighs*

thelastword

Banned
uneventuful and uninspring list.

So basically a bunch of cross gen games and 1 full on next gen game?

AC, COD, BF, Potter, Ghost, Last of US are all cross gen games and will be on PS4.

And even MS is doing this with Halo.

Remember when a new machine meant new games you could only get on that machine. Thats why there was a new gen. Seems like last gen and this gen the first year or so is going to be publishers trying to milk last gen as much as possible.

I still think Sony will have something up its sleeve, since they haven't announced any new games they are working on.
Of course there will be new games...…..Can you name me one new gen where Sony did not have new games or even new Ip's at launch? Technically Cod Next Gen, Battlefield next gen, and of course Harry Potter are all new games and the Cods and Battlefields are staples of all new generations anyway.....

Beyond the remasters, I expect some new IP or some exclusive Sony games......I think a Killzone game is highly probable...We will get some racers (60fps) (NFS or Burnout), a fighting game or two and some other titles, maybe third party exclusives......The OP only has nine games listed, usually consoles launch with about 20 or more...So yes, there are more games we don't know of yet....Still, the games listed have not been officially confirmed, it's just a rumored list of games from the grapevine....

I really don't see GT7 being a thing for a long time.

GT Sport feels like a platform that they will just keep building on into next gen.
I would really like to believe that they've been working on GT7 this whole time and that i'll be ready by lauch... but I don't want to be disappointed again. I think we get a "new" version of GT Sport and GT7 arrives at the end of the generation or PS6...

hboyce1

Neo Member
Yawn. Not exactly a hype-worthy lineup. I'll enjoy Horizon 2 when it comes out, but I seriously doubt we'll see it at launch.

Last edited:
I'd like to see Bloodborne 2 as a launch title but in reality it's probably all going to be games that have already released in 2020 coming simply as PS5 games. No remasters, just 4k or 8k whatever the new system is natively.

I don't think we see a huge game debuting at launch.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Every game is on the table for console launches, SONY is loaded and getting more loaded because if you remember about the games launched years ago, they had a hard time but are becoming sequels, we saw what SONY would do with a console launch (PS4) they'll be favorites to win next generation.

Day 1 purchasers will buy next-gen consoles to enjoy universal 60 fps + instant loading times (with game updates of course) in cross-gen games like TLOU2, Spiderman, Death Stranding, not for next-gen games.

Year 1 exclusives are usually meh, i.e. Killzone Shadow Fall, Knack 1. Resogun (an indie title) was fun gameplay-wise and quite a demonstration of PS4's heavy compute capabilities (but still I don't think anyone bought a PS4 for that game, it was just a PS+ bonus game).

Geki-D

Banned
Sony needs to relaunch SOCOM,MAG,Resistance series next gen. They have single player franchises on lock. They need to get back into the multiplayer shooter game.
I'd take a Killzone reboot in the style of KZ2 over Resistance any day. KZ Shadow Fall went way too futuristic sci-fi. Resistance's MP was never really all that good. R3 came close but IG clearly weren't willing to put in the effort to make anything other than an MP that felt tacked on. In R2 they put in the effort but their foundation was rotten from the start.

xrnzaaas

As in, you'd need to have no brain to believe it. Given that there will be BC, why would there be need for remasters?

Now, some sort of "PS5 patch" (like Pro patches currently), sure, I can see it happening. Whether studios, especially first-party ones, will charge for them remains to be seen.

(and seriously, who would want to play PUBG when PS5 comes out, remastered or not?)

You really expect that the publishers will pass on the opportunity of making extra money? Remasters are still coming, they'll just given them fancy names to make people believe it's a new superior version.

HeresJohnny

I haven’t played a Gran Turismo game since 4... I kinda woke up one day and realized it wasn’t very fun driving an old Honda Civic like I had as my first car. It truly is a driving simulator, for better or worse. I hope it’s not the flagship launch title for the PS5 though.

xrnzaaas

I haven’t played a Gran Turismo game since 4... I kinda woke up one day and realized it wasn’t very fun driving an old Honda Civic like I had as my first car. It truly is a driving simulator, for better or worse. I hope it’s not the flagship launch title for the PS5 though.
What's great about games like Gran Turismo or Forza Motorsport is that you have a choice. You can race (or simply have fun) in slow city cars or in very fast sports cars. You don't have to let the devs make that choice for you. Gran Turismo Sport continues that, it offers very slow and very fast (even futuristic) cars.

Elenchus

Banned
What's great about games like Gran Turismo or Forza Motorsport is that you have a choice. You can race (or simply have fun) in slow city cars or in very fast sports cars. You don't have to let the devs make that choice for you. Gran Turismo Sport continues that, it offers very slow and very fast (even futuristic) cars.

Forza Horizon has changed the game though. You go hurtling through a field and flying off a hillside over a building and the idea of driving around a closed track (no matter how pretty) just pales in comparison. Hardly reported by the so called gaming media but FH4 has quietly been selling a ton (especially in the UK where it continues to hit top 10 sales charts month after month). Sony needs an open world racer. If they let MS drop an open world drift racer set in Tokyo before they do it will be a huge miss on their part. In fact I’d expect the next GT to at least have an open world mode of some sort.

xrnzaaas

Forza Horizon has changed the game though. You go hurtling through a field and flying off a hillside over a building and the idea of driving around a closed track (no matter how pretty) just pales in comparison. Hardly reported by the so called gaming media but FH4 has quietly been selling a ton (especially in the UK where it continues to hit top 10 sales charts month after month). Sony needs an open world racer. If they let MS drop an open world drift racer set in Tokyo before they do it will be a huge miss on their part. In fact I’d expect the next GT to at least have an open world mode of some sort.
Forza Horizon 5 should be set in Hong Kong if the leaked artworks end up being true (they were with FH3) so it's probably too late for Sony to be the first to develop an open world racer set somewhere in Asia.

Last edited:

HeresJohnny

As I’ve gotten older, I find myself wanting to play arcade racers again. Stuff like Outrun, Ridge Racer, and Burnout (not Paradise). I’d love to see Sony make a racer that was just totally arcade style.

Top Bottom