• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation 5: Rumoured list of launch titles includes Gran Turismo 7, Black Ops 5 and a PUBG remaster, but no GTA VI.

ANIMAL1975

I'd love a new killzone šŸ˜¢
Bfbc3 please

New kz game.....I'd settle for a proper remaster of KZ2 MP, 4k 60fps, or 1080p 120fps

KZ2 MP was something special to me, clan matches, proximity chat was amazing, the split game modes in 1 match
But it suffered from the worst FPS controls in history. Remove input lag and it would of been god tier to me.

Make it happen
Remaster of Killzone 2 from Bluepoint would be more than welcome. Or just release stand-alone kz2 multiplayer free to play version from, I don't know why sony haven't done that tbh.
I've just symbolically gifted you guys with one year Gaf gold! ā¤ļø

thelastword

Banned
No death stranding remastered?
I'm pretty sure we will get Death Stranding Remastered or perhaps, there is already a PS5 version of DS, where you plop the disc in PS5 and get the upgrades...Whatever the solution, I think it's inevitable.....I also think Horizon remastered should be a thing, maybe even at launch and GOW remastered, the latter maybe not at launch....But I see all these games getting the remaster treatment at 4k 60fps...ā€¦ā€¦..

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Don't believe that Sony will remaster any PS4 games since PS5 will be BC with PS4. At most, you'll get an update/patch that makes the game look/play/run better on PS5. Not expecting any remasters, Harry Potter, Horizon 2 or Gran Turismo 7 at launch whatsoever,

I do expect COD 2020, Battlefield 2020, AC Ragnarok, WB Montreal's game and Ratchet & Clank 2. Also expecting a next gen port of Cyberpunk 2077 or for it to be delayed to November and be a cross-gen title.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Don't believe that Sony will remaster any PS4 games since PS5 will be BC with PS4. At most, you'll get an update/patch that makes the game look/play/run better on PS5.

Sony is on top. They aren't going to do free patches. They'll at most have console level boost mode like the PS4 Pro has and I'd be shocked if they didn't do remasters as they can sell those at $60 a pop to new console owners who tend to overbuy games to justify their shiny new console. I know I've been bad about that in the past (buying too many games, including things I end up not liking, in the launch window), though I plan to avoid it this time if I can get my damn self control up to the task.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Aside from some remasters, there will be no sequels for PS5 launch unless LoU 2 and Ghosts get delayed till PS5 launch.

Sony E3 2020 will be this:

- PS5 reveal
- Indie montage to fill the gaps
- Big third party games (sequels and up-ports)
- Sony remasters
- Sony showing teasers like UC or GoW sequels

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
We haven't got free Pro patches this gen?

Yes. But you canā€™t really sell remasters of current gen games in a mid gen refresh like you can remasters of last gen games on next gen hardware.

I donā€™t think there will be a huge amount of remasters l, but there will be some just like there was with TLOU and a few others this gen. Itā€™s leaving easy money on the table not to put some out.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
PUBG? What a shit way to start a new gen. Christ.

I mean it's not like that's a pillar of the launch. But games with player bases like PUBG or Fortnite should be their day one. That will help more people still playing those games move on to next gen since so many sell/trade old gen consoles to help finance the upgrade. For people still enjoying the games, getting a better looking/performing version can be extra incentive to upgrade sooner rather than later.

I didnā€™t expect GTA6. Was this a common theory? Seems crazy weā€™d get it in a year when it hasnā€™t even been officially announced yet.

Iā€™m sure RDR2 remastered or whatever will be ready for next gen launch

LordOfChaos

Assuming for a moment that this is true, the remasters would make me wonder about how much enhancement is allowed to PS4 games on the PS5.

Will it run Pro patches? Will it allow patching beyond Pro level? If Remasters are a thing at all, it would see the latter might not be in the cards. Though I guess the remaster could go beyond a patched PS4 game.

thelastword

Banned
I don't understand the PUBG comments, I did not ask for PUBG, but it's a popular title that people play, maybe finally it's getting the optimization Blue hole always promised..... The way I see it, if you're not interested in PUBG don't buy it, but I'm sure many will love to play it on PS.....

It's the same with Fortnite, Overwatch or Apex... I'm sure, if there is not a part 2 to these games by PS5's release, the dev teams of said games will release upgraded/updated versions to said games on the PS5........

93xfan

Banned
it'll still be Gran Turismo tho.

Forza is the best driving game these days and I say that as someone who grew up playing GT games.

I finally conceded to this just recently. GT has a lot of potential, but they often make some really poor calls. The streamlining of upgrading parts and the inconsistent visuals (super jarring reflections at times) come to mind.

nowhat

Why are people talking about Horizon Zero Dawn 2? Guerilla is supposedly making a multiplayer game...
Guerrilla has also expanded their staff quite a bit, has been radio-silent since The Frozen Wilds and the job posting is from April this year - it's not unreasonable to assume they'd be working on two games.

Guerrilla has also expanded their staff quite a bit, has been radio-silent since The Frozen Wilds and the job posting is from April this year - it's not unreasonable to assume they'd be working on two games.
We're talking about system launch though, why is anyone expecting a Horizon game at launch? The time hasn't been there.

nowhat

We're talking about system launch though, why is anyone expecting a Horizon game at launch? The time hasn't been there.
But with HZD most of the development time was with the engine/tools/general concepts, the actual development time was only a couple of years. I'm not sure Guerrilla in its entirety worked on Frozen Wilds, that could free up part of the staff to work on a sequel. And the tools may have improved still due to collaboration with Kojima Productions.

Having said that, Horizon 2 as a launch title may be too optimistic, within a year of PS5 launch may be more realistic.

PUBG on PS5 doesn't even sound like a remaster to me, it's more of a re-release (compiling the game on PS5 SDK) and taking advantage of the Jaguar vs Zen CPU disparity to brute force its way up to 60 fps. Fortnite and APEX are far more optimized (multi-threaded) and they can easily reach 120 fps.

The question is, will Sony revise their existing cross-play MP policy (i.e. OG PS4 vs Pro games should have the same framerate target on MP games)?

I've been asking for unified player pools since 2014, when Sony/ND released TLOU Remastered and it included the MP (unlike the Uncharted Trilogy).

I didn't like the fact that I had to leave my PS3 friends behind, but 60 fps was just too tempting for PvP MP.

Last edited:

SonGoku

As in, you'd need to have no brain to believe it. Given that there will be BC, why would there be need for remasters?
Considering how bad it looks and runs, PUBG2 wouldn't surprise me
The question is, will Sony revise their existing cross-play MP policy (i.e. OG PS4 vs Pro games should have the same framerate target on MP games)?
The next cod will be crossplay with PCs running it at 120fps+
I don't think they care about consistency anymore

Last edited:

SonGoku

Assuming for a moment that this is true, the remasters would make me wonder about how much enhancement is allowed to PS4 games on the PS5.

Will it run Pro patches? Will it allow patching beyond Pro level? If Remasters are a thing at all, it would see the latter might not be in the cards. Though I guess the remaster could go beyond a patched PS4 game.
Let's envision the best case scenario:
Runs Pro patches in boost modes, in order to run at 4k and 60 fps without a patch they need to be dynamic resolution/fps games. Not a lot of those going around for the Pro

Last edited:
You woukld probably need a 40-50tf machine to run GTS at 8k/120fps, thats not even exaggerating as well if you do the math.
People really need to get their expectations in check for next gen.
8k at 30 fps is barely possible:

Not even CB will help achieve 8k + 120 fps...

LordOfChaos

You woukld probably need a 40-50tf machine to run GTS at 8k/120fps, thats not even exaggerating as well if you do the math.
People really need to get their expectations in check for next gen.

Otoh, who said checkerboard rendering would be removed next gen? Particularly if they go with an Nvidia like solution for ray tracing with lots of low precision Tensor-like cores to fill in for RT performance with inferencing/denoising, those same type of cores can be used for a higher quality upscale if something isn't using them for RT (DLSS works in both directions, upscale or downscale)

8K/120 is still a stretch, but the resolutions being thrown around might not be native, it might be more like 4K made to look better at 8K

Last edited:

Stuart360

Otoh, who said checkerboard rendering would be removed next gen? Particularly if they go with an Nvidia like solution for ray tracing with lots of low precision Tensor-like cores to fill in for RT performance with inferencing/denoising, those same type of cores can be used for a higher quality upscale if something isn't using them for RT (DLSS works in both directions, upscale or downscale)

8K/120 is still a stretch, but the resolutions being thrown around might not be native, it might be more like 4K made to look better at 8K
So it wouldnt be 8k then would it.
Why would any devs even target 8k on console?, even 4ktv's are far from the norm currently, nevermind 8ktv's. It would be a complete waste of resources and wont happen next gen outside of the odd 2d Indie game, or maybe a few tech demos.

LordOfChaos

So it wouldnt be 8k then would it.
Why would any devs even target 8k on console?, even 4ktv's are far from the norm currently, nevermind 8ktv's. It would be a complete waste of resources and wont happen next gen outside of the odd 2d Indie game, or maybe a few tech demos.

No, it wouldn't. Just giving some benefit of the doubt to the rumor as one possible way of outputting to that. Otherwise, yeah, total crock.

Last edited:

Birdo

Banned
I really hope that Forza 8 and GT 7 are launch games for next gen.

The comparison war would be amazing to witness and take part in *Rubs hands together*

Top Bottom