• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation 5 [OT] Taking Over The World One SSD At A Time

Nice to hear that it isn't making too much noise for you other than the disk drive. Very strange how the drive is that noisy.
Yeah, luckily it only spins when you first start the game and very, very rarely (if at all) after that. So it's not a big deal.

Blu-drive in PS5 is most likely the same unit as in PS4, which would make perfect sense. It makes all the same beeps and spinning noises.

Nice to hear that it isn't making too much noise for you other than the disk drive. Very strange how the drive is that noisy.

Surprisingly PS5's disc drive initial load noise has automatically reduced. Guess game to game this varies? But yeah it initially starts to spin when the console is powered up and then becomes quiet in all disc based game scenarios so far.

Yeah, luckily it only spins when you first start the game and very, very rarely (if at all) after that. So it's not a big deal.

Blu-drive in PS5 is most likely the same unit as in PS4, which would make perfect sense. It makes all the same beeps and spinning noises.

I always thought the drive was different due to the UHD disks the PS5 uses.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Is the pulse 3d special in any way compared to connecting any wired headphones to a controller?
The 3d audio is enabled when connecting to a controller with my koss porta pro so... is the pulse 3d doing something more ?

When do you guys and gals (sorry attack helicopters) think that we'll get different colored Dualsenses and even face plates?

I really hope that Sony releases an "Elite" controller by the end of this year. It would kick ass if it would have the classic PS One grey color. Maybe just in my wet dreams.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
When do you guys and gals (sorry attack helicopters) think that we'll get different colored Dualsenses and even face plates?

I really hope that Sony releases an "Elite" controller by the end of this year. It would kick ass if it would have the classic PS One grey color. Maybe just in my wet dreams.
elite? I am not sure what could be upgrade with current controller. It's fantastic.
But color schemes for controller, faceplates and STICKERS for the glossy part when it scratches would be great.
i bet they are focusing on improving production quality for now and keeping up. Aesthetics later

Last edited:

Moogle11

Banned
elite? I am not sure what could be upgrade with current controller. It's fantastic.
But color schemes for controller, faceplates and STICKERS for the glossy part when it scratches would be great.
i bet they are focusing on improving production quality for now and keeping up. Aesthetics later
Paddles underneath, swappable sticks etc like the Xbox elite controller are probably what they mean. I vastly prefer mine to the Dualsense (though I like the Dualsense more than the stock XSX controller).

Having paddles underneath and not having to take my right thumb off the right stick as often in games has been a huge game changer for me. I’d toss Sony $150+ for an elite dual sense with paddles in seconds of it going live for orders.

Last edited:
IMO Dualsense is the best controller I've ever used but I still would like a Playstation Elite controller. It should just copy the things from Xbox Eliter controller. Paddles, better dpad, shorter hair trigger locks, few different button profiles, changeble sticks, changeble battery (yes).

Maybe even possibility to change the stick symmetry.

cyen

IMO Dualsense is the best controller I've ever used but I still would like a Playstation Elite controller. It should just copy the things from Xbox Eliter controller. Paddles, better dpad, shorter hair trigger locks, few different button profiles, changeble sticks, changeble battery (yes).

Maybe even possibility to change the stick symmetry.

What you want is a Xbox Elite with DS heptics features then.

FrankWza

Back button needs to be at least announced by now. Makes me wonder what the plan is for a paddle/button solution

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Much to my surprise, I got an extremely quiet PS5. Only time I ever hear it is when it goes to read the disc. Loving Demon's Souls as expected, but the big surprise for me is Astro's Playroom. It's so damn charming, looks incredible, makes great use of the Dualsense, and is actually really damn fun.

Last edited:

FrankWza

Much to my surprise, I got an extremely quiet PS5. Only time I ever hear it is when it goes to read the disc. Loving Demon's Souls as expected, but the big surprise for me is Astro's Playroom. It's so damn charming, looks incredible, makes great use of the Dualsense, and is actually really damn fun.
Better get your hearing checked;)

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
I find it CRIMINAL that there are no patches for sony exclusives yet. I mean WHAT THE FUCK ?!
God of war, shadow of the colossus, killzone, the last guardian, bloodborne, uncharted 4 and collection, tlou2. these are EASY 4k60 patches.

Especially that some of those games like gow and sotc can run 1080p 60 or 4k30 now... and 1080p looks kinda muddy.
I know there is a way to play 4k60 on gow but who wants to play patchless ?!

FrankWza

I know there is a way to play 4k60 on gow but who wants to play patchless ?
I haven’t tried it yet but from what I have read there doesn’t seem to be any issues. Not 100% though. I think you can do the same thing with the last guardian too. The rest of that list will probably have a paid upgrade like bb or tlou2 or none at all.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
I haven’t tried it yet but from what I have read there doesn’t seem to be any issues. Not 100% though. I think you can do the same thing with the last guardian too. The rest of that list will probably have a paid upgrade like bb or tlou2 or none at all.
tlg freezes patchless

Paddles underneath, swappable sticks etc like the Xbox elite controller are probably what they mean. I vastly prefer mine to the Dualsense (though I like the Dualsense more than the stock XSX controller).

Having paddles underneath and not having to take my right thumb off the right stick as often in games has been a huge game changer for me. I’d toss Sony $150+ for an elite dual sense with paddles in seconds of it going live for orders.

This is great news. I need to go back and kill all the ravens for the plat. Should be awesome at 4k/60

Moogle11

Banned
This is great news. I need to go back and kill all the ravens for the plat. Should be awesome at 4k/60
I got the plat back in 2018, one of the few full games I've done that in as I'm not a big trophy/achievement chaser. Loved the game and wanted to max out my playtime with it! I also rarely replay games, but I'll probably run through this again just doing the main stuff to refresh on the story before the sequel and experience it in 4K 60fps and HDR since I got a new TV last fall.

JonkyDonk

Just played some Destruction All Stars, and first impressions are ok. It looks nice and runs smooth. Got some decent Dualsense support too, but nothing on Astro's level! The game itself is alright. There is definitely something to it but I'm not exactly a car combat fan so I don't know how it compares. My worry is that it's too complicated and confusing; I think games like Rocket League and Fall Guys blew up because of their simplicity and how quickly you could pick up and play. I also don't care too much for the personality and voice-over stuff. Even though I was never a fan, I think this could have been better if it was Twisted Metal characters and style but with these new mechanics. I'll mess around with it a bit more but probably not too much more.

Just played some Destruction All Stars, and first impressions are ok. It looks nice and runs smooth. Got some decent Dualsense support too, but nothing on Astro's level! The game itself is alright. There is definitely something to it but I'm not exactly a car combat fan so I don't know how it compares. My worry is that it's too complicated and confusing; I think games like Rocket League and Fall Guys blew up because of their simplicity and how quickly you could pick up and play. I also don't care too much for the personality and voice-over stuff. Even though I was never a fan, I think this could have been better if it was Twisted Metal characters and style but with these new mechanics. I'll mess around with it a bit more but probably not too much more.
Does it have a split screen mode?

Great Hair

Banned
What a burn...
Ice Cream Kitten GIF by Pusheen

Last edited:

Freeman76

So I bought a PS5, paid a bit over the odds but very happy with the purchase.

However, I have really fucked myself. I reset my PS4, assuming all my saves were auto uploaded to the cloud, as they were since I bought the console.

However, unknown to me, they had stopped auto-uploading OVER A YEAR AGO.

I've lost a 98% complete Death Stranding save

TLOU2 almost plat save

480 hours of MH:W

50% Ghost of Tsushima

40% Nioh 2

Chapter 13 FF7:R

Totally my own fault, but damn it stings!!

FrankWza

So I bought a PS5, paid a bit over the odds but very happy with the purchase.

However, I have really fucked myself. I reset my PS4, assuming all my saves were auto uploaded to the cloud, as they were since I bought the console.

However, unknown to me, they had stopped auto-uploading OVER A YEAR AGO.

I've lost a 98% complete Death Stranding save

TLOU2 almost plat save

480 hours of MH:W

50% Ghost of Tsushima

40% Nioh 2

Chapter 13 FF7:R

Totally my own fault, but damn it stings!!
This blows. The only bright side here is, you can play GoT and Nioh 2completely with PS5 upgrade

Celcius

°Temp. member
hmm I see that ghosts of tsushima is on sale for $40 again (psn). What would you guys rate it out of 10?

Last edited:

Moogle11

Banned
hmm I see that ghosts of tsushima is on sale for $40 again (psn). What would you guys rate it out of 10?
9 for me. One of three real platinums (i.e. not just given to you) I’ve gotten and only one for an open world game. It was my GOTY last year and in my top 5 of the generation. Really enjoyed the world, combat and story.

Top Bottom