• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation 4 Pro Reviews

Viruz

It's true :(

dTbEziJ.gif

WIth sound
Fast clap! Beautiful

Humdinger

Sell me on upgrading from the ps4 slim to the pro.

I have a 4k tv and its great, but no UHD bluray bothers me.

Slim doesn't have a 4K Blueray player, so that's a non-issue, if you're comparing the two.

Can i somehow stream 4k video i shoot from my iphone to the ps4?

I don't know.

Is there any real reason to get it now since the only games that might have 4k features are ffxiv and dishonored?

Where are you getting your information? You're badly misinformed. I'd suggest checking the Official Thread and reading up on it.

Bottom line, for $100 dollars, you get twice the graphical power, better CPU, more memory, bigger HD, other features -- not to mention, better looking games from here on out. In my opinion, you'd be a fool to buy a Slim over a Pro, unless money is so tight that you just can't come up with $100.

So, people, I have some doubts...

In my case I´ve been playing PC games for years ans got a PS4 Slim. Pretty happy with it, but when I tried it on the TV... It was a no. It felt really like slow and right now I´m more confortable with a chair and a monitor closer to me.

The thing is, I was think about getting a 21:9 monitor, 2k probably.

How would that work with a PS4 Pro? Anyone has tried? I´m not expecting 21:9 image, but, it would be like centered 2k 16:9 image?

Yes- likely a centered, 1080p 16:9 image with pillarboxes on the sides.

Josemsar

Neo Member
Yes- likely a centered, 1080p 16:9 image with pillarboxes on the sides.

That´s what I was afraid of, all the range of resolutions from 1080 up to 4k would be 1080p...

That´s a no for me. 4k monitors with the requirements I have are simply way too much.

Still thank you for the info!!!

Piku_Ringo

Banned
Mine didn't either

Yours should of shipped out since Monday, Nov 7 like mines did.

Last two times this happened to me with their release date delivery, someone at the warehouse forgot to hand my package off to UPS and i didn't receive it till days later.
See if you can get some sort of compensation from them like I did.

I can actually see a difference between those 2 screenshots...its not the difference I was hoping for but it's there.

I wonder if the "news" they have for us tomorrow is that this is the update....

where is the announcement that they have "news" for us tomorrow? i must have missed it...

coopolon

Amazon is shipping with their own shipping company. Do they usually require signatures?

I have to work in the morning but didn't think it would come until late afternoon which is when FedEx and ups deliver.

Memnoch

Wow the pro is fantastic. BF1 is smooth and the detail has been brought to the next level. Skyrim also looks great in native 4k.

TheSixthAxis review

Upgrading is well within reach, but the bottom line is that the PS4 is still more than good enough for the vast majority of consumers. What we see today is just the beginning – PSVR and PS4 Pro share ‘The Future of Play’ as a tagline, after all – with higher resolution and HDR support bolted on after the fact. It won’t be until we see games released that have been designed with the Pro in mind and until the full scope of HDR TVs are brought in reach of the mass market that we can really live in that future.

majik13

And this is exactly what I was saying. Nothing mind blowing, but there are differences. Things look sharper (presumably down to the better AA).

The Pro is clearly running this with some differences, even without a patch.

Is it not 900p to 1080p difference?

or is OG PS4 BF1 1080p already? Googling I see alot of 900p mentioned for BF1, but maybe that was before release or during the beta?
Edit: looks like PS4 res on OG PS4 is around 1807×1014 or 1800 X 1020, according to different sources. Roughly 1000P

Top Bottom