• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation 4 Pro Reviews

Ozorov

it certainly seems that way. what concerns me is that they said the bf1 patch would be out day one and the system is already released in europe. it's day one there and no patch. i'll be irritated if it doesn't come for weeks. bf1 is a big part of the reason i bought a pro on launch day...
It releases tomorrow in EU i think? At least in sweden

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
It's true :(

dTbEziJ.gif

WIth sound

Soooo good.

I'm in the same boat. Haven't been able to sleep all night. Happy to help bring some laughs after what has transgressed. Going to have to reach deep within today to keep it together.

Shai-Tan

Banned
oh ok that gif was about the election? I was thinking at first that it was about something horribly wrong with the PS4 Pro.

https://twitter.com/_jjju_/status/796145590706933760

Engineer at DICE

Let's wait guys.

Frostbite is the most powerful multiplaform engine in the market. There are no reason to believe those images (which look identical) are the Pro output from one of the best studios available.

I'm not sure about this, but I think Fifa is also on the list of Pro day 1 support and it hasn't received any patch yet.

Thanks for posting this. Should allay any fears. That's two DICE employees basically confirming a patch in the next day or so, without actually confirming hard details due to an NDA (with Microsoft, obviously).

AkumaNiko

Sell me on upgrading from the ps4 slim to the pro.

I have a 4k tv and its great, but no UHD bluray bothers me.

Can i somehow stream 4k video i shoot from my iphone to the ps4? Is there any real reason to get it now since the only games that might have 4k features are ffxiv and dishonored?

I scanned some reviews but I haven't saw much if any talk about how the pro does with upscaling just bog standard 1080p games, that haven't received a pro patch, on 4k tv's. Is the internal scaler of a decent quality? Since I figure at least for a time, there will be far.more ps4 games out there to play that have no patch

icespide

Banned
Running last gen games at native 4K isn't really that impressive IMO. I have a 1080p display so I don't really care. I am in it for PSVR.

fair enough but the original post was taking issue with cnet describing 1080p to native 4k a "subtle improvement" in general, not really which games can do it

Elios83

Thanks for posting this. Should allay any fears. That's two DICE employees basically confirming a patch in the next day or so, without actually confirming hard details due to an NDA (with Microsoft, obviously).

Yep seems like they can't do anything to promote PS4 Pro publicly because of their marketing agreement with Microsoft.
We're going to find out when the patch is released.

Sell me on upgrading from the ps4 slim to the pro.

I have a 4k tv and its great, but no UHD bluray bothers me.

Can i somehow stream 4k video i shoot from my iphone to the ps4? Is there any real reason to get it now since the only games that might have 4k features are ffxiv and dishonored?

OK- I'll try to play salesman:

- You already have a 4K display, don't you want to take full advantage of it with games?
- 2nd gen UHD players are just around the corner in 2017, and it's likely you'll see sub-$200 price points on them sooner rather than later.
- Not sure what you mean by "4K features". There are many more titles than just the two you name with either full native 4K or quasi-4K resolution bumps, plus HDR. Going forward, there will be many more, and the benefits will be more noticeable.

There. I tried.

Ozorov

So any words about the Pro-updates? Many Day-1 games doesnt have updates yet. Will there be a flood of patches tomorrow then?

winstano

Howdy all, me again!

Seems like some stuff kicked off last night after I posted those pics... Well, here's 2 more.

screenshot2016-11-09a8yjih.png

PS4

screenshot2016-11-09at4jb0.png

PS4 Pro

This gives you an idea of what I'm talking about seeing on my TV. I've taken the two screenshots from the PS4 Pro and the PS4, full-screened them on my computer and then screenshotted them from there. The Pro screenshot is clearly what's being rendered, otherwise it wouldn't be there.

*THIS* is what I've been trying to tell people.

Edit: Screenshot comparison: http://screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/190226

I can actually see a difference between those 2 screenshots...its not the difference I was hoping for but it's there.

I wonder if the "news" they have for us tomorrow is that this is the update....

winstano

Less aliasing on Pro but apart from that they look identical to me.

I do hope for players of the game that they do more in a patch.

And this is exactly what I was saying. Nothing mind blowing, but there are differences. Things look sharper (presumably down to the better AA).

The Pro is clearly running this with some differences, even without a patch.

Did Knack get an update? Game still looks jaggy on the Pro
And this is exactly what I was saying. Nothing mind blowing, but there are differences. Things look sharper (presumably down to the better AA).

The Pro is clearly running this with some differences, even without a patch.
That would be awesome, even if it's subtile.

Josemsar

Neo Member
So, people, I have some doubts...

In my case I´ve been playing PC games for years ans got a PS4 Slim. Pretty happy with it, but when I tried it on the TV... It was a no. It felt really like slow and right now I´m more confortable with a chair and a monitor closer to me.

The thing is, I was think about getting a 21:9 monitor, 2k probably.

How would that work with a PS4 Pro? Anyone has tried? I´m not expecting 21:9 image, but, it would be like centered 2k 16:9 image?

Top Bottom