• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Play Totk now or wait instead?

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
I already bought TotK and planing to buy FFXVI, I dont think I'm going to able finish TotK before FFXVI but that okay, I'm going jumping between the two.

I’ll be in a similar boat when SF6, Diablo 4, and FF16 all drop in the same few days lol. I’ll just juggle all 3 based on mood.

The key will be to be satisfied with all 3 by starfield launch because when that hits goodbye all other games for 200 hours easy.

Gamerguy84

If it were me I'd wait a minute. You've just been through 3 massive games.

Not a long minute but a couple weeks maybe. The game isn't going anywhere and will be waiting.

Neolombax

its a single player game, the only thing rushing you is FOMO. Its really up to you. I personally like to wait for GOTY editions with all the DLC's.

badblue

So should I play it now or play it later?
iu

drotahorror

Definitely waiting myself.

Hell, I've just beaten Dying Light 1 and started The Following DLC. Then I was going to go back to Arkham Knight, then RDR2. Not to mention Diablo 4 is out in just a couple weeks. Even the 3 other games I mentioned would take me ages to complete, and now D4?? Fuck.

UltimaKilo

Gold Member
I forgot to mention that in Op, that I basically have 2 weeks until the next timesink is here with Diablo4. 2 weeks would be very tight. And from then on it will probably be less fun. If I force myself to play through it quickly.
This guy has a tough life.

sainraja

You should get TOTK and play through it. There is no need to rush through the game. I really enjoyed BOTW and took my time with it, so much so that I finished it this month, even though I started the game at launch. I had already defeated most of the beasts except for the last beast along with Ganon, which I took care of this year. The major reason was life but I also explored all the areas, did whatever I was interested in first, before finally calling it a wrap.

Last edited:

[Sigma]

Just go with your gut.

Me personally, ive already decided that im not going to play TOTK till July after I finished FFXVI assuming I do finish it in July. Reason is because im currently playing some games(Indivisible, Stray, DNF Duel, GT7). And if River City Girls 2 60fps update gets released within this next week i'll pick that up and try to finish it before Street Fighter 6 gets released. Once Street Fighter 6 gets here, all games games im currently play if any are getting dropped and it's all Street Fighter 6 till FFXVI arrives. My time is limited because of responsibilities, I wish I could play games all day like I used to when I was a kid:(

Once FFXVI arrives it's going to be 90% FFXVI/10% SF6 as far as my play time daily. I like to play games like FFXVI(Ghost, DMC, Zelda etc) with complete or almost complete focus when I play them. I'll just play SF6 a little bit daily during that time just to stay on top of what ive learned up til that point. Opting to play FFXVI before TOTK because im obviously more excited for FFXVI than I am for TOTK

Last edited:

Filben

So what if you drop it or another game for it?

Search your feelings... if you constantly thinking of a game even while playing another one, go for it.

i had no plans to get it but reviews just did me in. im enjoying it decently but i only own a switch lite and really wish i could play w/ a full size controller and larger screen
This is where I’m at. I really don’t want to spend $400+ to get TOTK and a regular switch but I don’t think I’ll enjoy it as much on the Lite

Aurelius

I want to wait until the 12th of June. I have a long flight and will be staying in Japan for a couple of months. Zelda will be perfect to cover that period.
But it's hard...very hard.

Top Bottom