• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pimax Portal - World's First Metaverse Entertainment System

pasterpl

VR 3.0, 4K QLED+MiniLED+HDR, 144Hz, 27 PPD, Room Scale 6-DoF, 60GHz mmWave, Game & Entertainment VR/AR/Handheld/Dock/Station/Cloud Mode

6760e2e4909f743f967b1fc7779a8c43_original.png

CamHostage

This may be the driest comedy video I have ever seen (and maybe a little too long at 57 mins for this one joke?)
...still, hysterical, you're up Mega64!

Last edited:

Banned
I mean they make pretty good VR Headsets apparently, and I guess they want to become more mainstream now lol

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Portable and VR are still full of compromises, then you are gonna add a whole bunch more to combine the two into one. Interesting concept, but it's way too early to try this.

hlm666

They are actually releasing a proper vr device called the crystal, it's not like they are expecting this to be the one ring to rule them all.

VR combined with mobile, with the device resembling a Switch and Steamdeck? If they can get it at a decent price and at carriers that could actually work given how popular mobile VR was before it died down and Oculus caused 2 of the big players to die by yanking support so they could go out on their own.

Although I'm certain Apple is planning something like that so this will be made irrelevant anyway.

Reallink

Lighting your money on fire would be a better investment than anything from Pimax. The company stole hundreds of dollars from their Kickstarter backers and have sold borderline unusable hardware since their inception. There's a reason no one else tried their ultrawide lenses, they straight up don't work for a majority of users thanks to an incredibly small and incredibly specific sweet spot that only exists in theory. Else you see broken amounts of distortion, artifacts, aberration, blurring, and eye fatigue/headaches. Their required Pimax software is terrible and potentially Chinese spyware installing like half a dozen background services that run at all times. They hire Youtubers and social brand ambassadors (e.g. Reddit, Twitter) to run defense and post fake "user" impressions of their hardware, their NA Marketing director literally runs a VR Youtube channel. Company is slimy as hell, heaven help anyone who sends them thousands of dollars for preorder hardware there's a good chance they'll never see.

Last edited:
Top Bottom