• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phillip W. Spencer III spent 917 hours playing Xbox games this year (Top: Starfield 148h)

saintjules

this isnt news, why the need for a thread?

Same reason why there's a biziliion threads of the same topic

The World GIF

Last edited:
150 hours on Starfield but not on level 10. Either it's bugged or he's full of shit.
He fell asleep. That's why we are getting Velma Season 2. I fell asleep and it auto looped for ten hours straight. The Velma engagement is from me blacking out and it going through the season five times.

DavidGzz

Imagine this thread if it was Jim who was an actual gamer. Instead his PS1 style PS5 will never be used but these guys love him. I think it's cool that Phil is an actual gamer.

Last edited:

ungalo

Imagine this thread if it was Jim who was an actual gamer. Instead his PS1 style PS5 will never be used but these guys love him. I think it's cool that Phil is an actual gamer.
Spencer was in charge of the studios before being CEO of Microsoft gaming, i sure hope he played one or two games in his life.

Ev1L AuRoN

How hard could the job be? He has like 14 direct reports to delegate stuff to. Plus video games are literally his job.
So you think that playing video games is part of its job? I don't think people realize how demanding a high-end career like his is. He'll be lucky to have 2 hours to spend with his family, let alone gaming.

ReBurn

Gold Member
So you think that playing video games is part of its job? I don't think people realize how demanding a high-end career like his is. He'll be lucky to have 2 hours to spend with his family, let alone gaming.
I mean he had a thousand hours to play Xbox.

The type of demanding his job requires is much different from the kind of demanding most other jobs require. This man is not responsible for doing work. He is responsible for making sure work gets done. Don't worry about Phil. He's not working a second shift at the Xbox factory. He has plenty of time for his personal life.

DavidGzz

I mean he had a thousand hours to play Xbox.

The type of demanding his job requires is much different from the kind of demanding most other jobs require. This man is not responsible for doing work. He is responsible for making sure work gets done. Don't worry about Phil. He's not working a second shift at the Xbox factory. He has plenty of time for his personal life.

Yeah, these guys act like he's a dev.

DavidGzz

Let's hope that's the case. It seems like a lot for an executive of a division within one of the world's top 3 corporations... If I was on the MS board I would have questions.

I'm sure he's worried about taking his work home makes him look. If anything, it makes him look good. It should make him relatable to gamers and shows that he uses the product they are trying to sell to people. Come on.

Last edited:

UltimaKilo

Gold Member
I'm sure he's worried about taking his work home makes him look. If anything, it makes him look good. It should make him relatable to gamers and shows that he uses the product they are trying to sell to people. Come on.

The guy is there to make MS money, and it seems like the Xbox division is in the red.

At home he should be poring over data and spreadsheets, performance reviews... That's a lot of time playing video games, even for someone who is not a division head.

ReBurn

Gold Member
Let's hope that's the case. It seems like a lot for an executive of a division within one of the world's top 3 corporations... If I was on the MS board I would have questions.
What kind of questions?

"Phil, why are you spending time at work playing video games? What do you think this is, a video game company?"

DavidGzz

The guy is there to make MS money, and it seems like the Xbox division is in the red.

At home he should be poring over data and spreadsheets, performance reviews... That's a lot of time playing video games, even for someone who is not a division head.

Says you? Where are the receipts showing Xbox in the red? Wouldn't his boss fire him or move him to another division if this were true? Is this Neogaf news getting to you? That's like watching Fox News as a Biden supporter.

ReBurn

Gold Member

Phil is not poring over performance reviews and spreadsheets at home. Pretty much everyone reporting to him is responsible for summarizing information for him. And considering the titles of his direct reports he's neither writing nor reviewing performance reviews. You don't write or receive performance reviews at that level. Expectations are clear and you meet them or you don't.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
I noticed Redfall was trending on my Twitter, it's a bunch of people trying to convince themselves and others it was a good game :messenger_weary:

The trends are based on your search history.

Someone's been looking up Redfall on social media 😇

Top Bottom