• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phil Spencer: There are Japanese Exclusives in Development for Xbox

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Tired Pbs Nature GIF by Nature on PBS

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Yeah I saw that too. I haven’t finished the first one yet, been jumping in and out between other games, but I’ve enjoyed what I’ve played thus far.

I liked Hi-Fi Rush a lot more though, couldn’t put that one down!

Yeah, I think the games success might make them rethink their priorities. With both HF Rush and all versions of Ghostwire being out, Tango currently do not have any announced projects. Who knows what they could be working on right now.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Mayhaps they can have a Japanese studio work on a Mech Assault / Mech Warrior game in the vein of Armored Core's successful revival.

Fredrik

The question is will they bring Mistwalker/Sakaguchi to make it, or bring someone else.
I think Sakaguchi is making Fantasian 2 for Apple. First game was brilliant as a traditional turn-based JRPG, Phil should attempt to get a Gamepass release if possible.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Why would any Japanese company want to sell to MS now they've seen what's happened with Tango?

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
Lost Odyssey 2 would be such an easy layup. Medium budget game. Sakaguchi free to do whatever he wants. People loved the first one. An exclusive JRPG would be a nice compliment to all the FPS and WRPGs in their lineup.

That’s exactly why it won’t happen and theyll go buy Crystal Dynamics or Gearbox or something instead. 360 era MS was simply better at operating a traditional videogame business.

Lost Odyssey 2 would be such an easy layup. Medium budget game. Sakaguchi free to do whatever he wants. People loved the first one. An exclusive JRPG would be a nice compliment to all the FPS and WRPGs in their lineup.

That’s exactly why it won’t happen and theyll go buy Crystal Dynamics or Gearbox or something instead. 360 era MS was simply better at operating a traditional videogame business.
I miss OG Xbox and 360. What a glorious time it was to be a gamer.

Top Bottom