• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phil Spencer confirms that some new future Bethesda titles will be Xbox and PC exclusive

Blog post said new titles coming in the future. It's fairly obvious now Starfield (since its new) will be an exclusive title for Xbox and PC.
No the blog post said "some new titles in the future" which means that some other new titles in the future won't be exclusive. You have no idea which ones they are talking about. Btw they aren't Deathloop and Ghostwire as those are already announced.

DaGwaphics

Now PS5 and PC will get even more XGS timed exclusives while XB MS's 2nd rate clients have to wait a year for them.

Those deals were done before MS had anything to do with anything, how is that MS turning on its own users?

confused ask the storybots GIF by StoryBots

TwiztidElf

Thank goodness Nintendo, Japan, and PC are still here to save this industry (again) after these hypocrite MS and Sony suits decimate it.
smh

Genx3

Those deals were done before MS had anything to do with anything, how is that MS turning on its own users?

confused ask the storybots GIF by StoryBots
Not just talking about the Bethesda stuff but that adds to it.
Its not like MS can't afford to pay those deals back so that they can at least launch together day and date.

Last edited:

Elios83

Remember all the 'Why would they release on Playstation?!' posts.

Like Microsoft is doling out money like a game of Monopoly with no concern for the bottom line for the foreseeable future.

It's bizarre because a year ago people were Microsoft didn't care about hardware sales. Now they're going to leverage their exclusive content to sells hundreds of millions of consoles to catch up with Sony and Nintendo lol 🤦🏽‍♂️.

Before the acquisition was finalized Microsoft had already stated:
"We want Zenimax/Bethesda games to be first or best on Xbox, exclusivity will decided on a case by case basis"

The reply by some Microsoft fans was : "They're obviously bluffing because the deal is not finalized, everything will be exclusive, why would they spend 7.5 billions??? Once the deal is done it will be immediatly clarified!"
Now the deal is finalized and the message is still the same:
"We want Xbox/PC to be the best platforms to play Zenimax/Bethesda games, only some games will be exclusive"

The same Microsoft fans: "See?? Full exclusivity confirmed!! So much salt and denial" :messenger_grinning_sweat: :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Honestly it's clear they're leaving the door open pretty much to everything at this stage (full exclusive, timed exclusive, day one multiplatform release but 'free" on Gamepass vs 80$ on PS5 and so on), their main goal with the acquisition is to make Gamepass a success by having many AAA games available day one on the platform, something they haven't been able to convince big third party publishers to do because they would just lose money.
These huge companies do not reason like fanboys, they see the business opportunities and how to make their ventures viable and profitable.
Sony and Microsoft for example have an on going collaboration on cloud services, AI and other stuff. Sony is now making PC games because they see an opportunity there (although they are doing it in a way not to damage their Playstation business) and when they had to choose between going multiplatform and keep the MLB license or refuse to develop a game on Xbox for pride reasons...guess what they decided?
Microsoft needs Bethesda for their Gamepass ambitions, but they realistically do not want to turn them into a money losing business totally sacrificed to the Gamepass cause, they will find a balance.

Last edited:

Old Empire.

No the blog post said "some new titles in the future" which means that some other new titles in the future won't be exclusive. You have no idea which ones they are talking about. Btw they aren't Deathloop and Ghostwire as those are already announced.

Bethesda first party now, make zero sense for MS to hand PS5 their games. If you want to believe otherwise, fine.

FunkMiller

It’s still a pretty vague way to talk about exclusivity or otherwise.

If everything coming from Bethesda was exclusive, they’d say it plain and clear.

Thats obviously not the case from the language used. Some stuff will be exclusive, some won’t.

Nobody in this thread has any idea which is which... so you might as well stop arguing about it and wait for actual details.

MonarchJT

Banned
Wasn't the platforms unified for awhile now even before this gen started ?, I still don't think even with pc+Xbox numbers so far equal ps total users ... Steam is it's own beast and are the benchmark but completely unrelated to ms and should be the target for any company wanting to dominate the pc market .
No lol.what equals? unifying the platform xbox has far greater reach than anything ps5 could hope to have at the end of gen. this is established at 100%. Microsoft releases games on HIS Windows operating system therefore on a store that, among others, is present on its platform, Steam. This is the store with the most users about 120 million per month on Microsoft's operating system. Microsoft releases also games on the their store and on Gamepass PC (gamepass games cannot be downloaded on Steam). Then it releases the games simultaneously on its consoles and also on xcloud. It has a vastly higher audience of reachable users than the PlayStation. One thing to note is that unlike cross-gen, when only nextgen games will be released, this can obviously only rely on the ps5 userbase which for the first few years is really small.

Last edited:

Blond

Banned
Nope.

He knows they choose to not use all parts from RDNA2 in their silicon but that goes against their PR so I never asked him until he come to talk with me by himself.

He will never answer because that same reason so I don’t expect him to say anything more than what he said.

That let us to guess about why they choose that mix of old, new and custom parts... same for Cerny and PS5 btw.... not using all new RDNA 2 parts are not a bad thing like most of you guys thinks.
HCFNYOS.jpg

Genx3

What other XGS games is Sony getting that Xbox has to wait for? What games do PC users get first outside of genres that are really tailored for keyboard and mouse?
Deathloop and Ghost Wire for PS5.
AOE2 remake, Flight simulator and others.
Since Xbox Series Consoles support Keyboard and Mouse as well as having descent CPU's there is literally no reason for those games to be skipping or coming late to XB consoles.
Lets not forget that XBL is free on PC while console gamers subsidize the cost for the PC version by paying $60 a year for it.
Again lets not pretend MS can't afford to pay those deals back in order to launch those games day and date on Xbox.
Why? so that their 2nd rate clients don't feel so 2nd rate all the time.

Last edited:

MonarchJT

Banned
It’s still a pretty vague way to talk about exclusivity or otherwise.

If everything coming from Bethesda was exclusive, they’d say it plain and clear.

Thats obviously not the case from the language used. Some stuff will be exclusive, some won’t.

Nobody in this thread has any idea which is which... so you might as well stop arguing about it and wait for actual details.
There are Bethesda games which will be released shortly on ps5 as timed exclusives ... to say all games will be exclusive would confuse people who don't quite know how things are going and that Bethesda has to.conclude the contracts already signed previously. Plus, saying it wouldn't even be true.
There will be Bethesda games that will be cross-platform. It makes little sense not to launch mmo games like ESO or FallO76 on the PlayStation platform. And maybe there will be more MMOs that will also be released on PlayStation.

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
"We want Zenimax/Bethesda games to be first or best on Xbox, exclusivity will decided on a case by case basis"

The reply by some Microsoft fans was : "They're obviously bluffing because the deal is not finalized, everything will be exclusive, why would they spend 7.5 billions??? Once the deal is done it will be immediatly clarified!"
"We want Xbox/PC to be the best platforms to play Zenimax/Bethesda games, only some games will be exclusive"

The same Microsoft fans: "See?? Full exclusivity confirmed!! So much salt and denial" :messenger_grinning_sweat: :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Honestly it's clear they're leaving the door open pretty much to everything at this stage (full exclusive, timed exclusive, day one multiplatform release but 'free" on Gamepass vs 80$ on PS5 and so on), their main goal with the acquisition is to make Gamepass a success by having many AAA games available day one on the platform, something they haven't been able to convince big third party publishers to do because they would just lose money.
These huge companies do not reason like fanboys, they see the business opportunities and how to make their ventures viable and profitable.
Sony and Microsoft for example have an on going collaboration on cloud services, AI and other stuff. Sony is now making PC games because they see an opportunity there (although they are doing it in a way not to damage their Playstation business) and when they had to choose between going multiplatform and keep the MLB license or refuse to develop a game on Xbox for pride reasons...guess what they decided?
Microsoft needs Bethesda for their Gamepass ambitions, but they realistically do not want to turn them into a money losing business totally sacrificed to the Gamepass cause, they will find a balance.

Err, no. The only thing in denial here is your spin on the facts. Guess time will show you.

No lol.what equals? unifying the platform xbox has far greater reach than anything ps5 could hope to have at the end of gen. this is established at 100%. Microsoft releases games on HIS Windows operating system therefore on a store that, among others, is present on its platform, Steam. This is the store with the most users about 120 million per month on Microsoft's operating system. Microsoft releases also games on the their store and on Gamepass PC (gamepass games cannot be downloaded on Steam). Then it releases the games simultaneously on its consoles and also on xcloud. It has a vastly higher audience of reachable users than the PlayStation. One thing to note is that unlike cross-gen, when only nextgen games will be released, this can obviously only rely on the ps5 userbase which for the first few years is really small.
Are you lumping steam in with ms though just because they happen to be on ms platform ? That doesn't mean anything windows is an open platform as far as storefronts go and by that logic Sony could open a storefront on Windows and sell on steam and instantly dominate Xbox as it does in the console market .... You said it yourself steam has 120 million users a month that's a number Microsoft wishes it had but their titles sadly for you though don't sell to 99% of those 120m users though and gamepass is like what 20m subs at the moment it's minuscule and in its infancy still it will grow for sure I'm playing rise of nations right now on it , I also think you overestimate the importance of xcloud because no one's gaming seriously on a tablet/phone or any mobile device that isn't a gaming laptop that kinda deafeats the object of having xcloud then in that situation.

MonarchJT

Banned

that balance is called, millions of pc users. They are releasing the games there for exactly this reason.
I'm not stupid and I know there will be cross-platform Microsoft games, precisely because the world of the physical console is not as fundamental as it is for playstation. To be clear if Sony decided to release every of their games on PC tomorrow, its platform would see a big decline especially without a service like gamepass and with games that cost 80 euros. Furthermore Sony knows well that in the end Windows is owned by Microsoft and we know well with UWP and many other things that they have control on their main business platform. Microsoft can afford to release games on other platforms much, much, and still much lighter than Sony can.
Having said that Phil knows what made Sony and Nintendo famous ... he knows what the fans want he knows what attracts users and above all he listens to what his userbase asks (see the stop on the rise in Live Gold prices)
The games that will be produced by Bethesda and that will be platform defying will never be released on a platform like PlayStation because they will serve to weaken it and attract their users on xbox platform.

What a colossal fuck up for Xbox on the messaging front. Imagine someone trying to explain why the Xbox is worth buying.

"Well it has Halo, Forza, and some Bethesda games"

"Some? Like what?"

"Well, I dunno really. Guess it depends."

..and then the person you 'explained' that to would use their brain and reply: "Hey, Xbox owns Bethesda, so won't Xbox have all the Bethesda games?"

And then you'd say: "Yeah but we don't know if the big ones are gonna be exclusive though."

And then they'd reply: "Oh ok, well until we find out what is or isnt coming to PS5 while I know everything is coming to Xbox, what else is coming?
Because I heard about this Gamepass thing for Xbox that's supposed to be like Netflix.
If there's other stuff coming as well, I can at least ballpark what the best value would be, long-term."

Then you'd say: "Ah, nothing really. I mean there's a bunch more trailers out for Xbox games than there are for PS5 but those games won't be worth your time. I mean you saw how Crackdown 3 turned out, right? And remember when they canceled Scalebound?"

Then he'd reply: "No I dont but if you can send me links to all the new shit, that'd be dope."

Then you would say: "Aight imma head out."

lobsteroid

Neo Member
The whole, vague, post acquisition messaging seems more and more like a tactic to get the consumers that are still on the fence, trying to decide which console they should get, to buy Xbox.

93xfan

Banned
I think all the future Bethesda Games will be available on PlayStation, if they allow X Cloud streaming on their platform.

Otherwise, I’d expect just Fallout 76, Elder Scrolls Online and whatever games they already had deals for

FunkMiller

This mentality doesn’t make sense. Why not release Sony Ips on Xbox and make more money?

I guess to play Devil’s advocate it’s that Bethesda have always been a very large multi platform developer, with a broad fanbase on Sony consoles. There’s a good chance a lot of that fanbase won’t or can’t make the switch over, so makes financial sense to release the games to them as well to make more money (probable delayed release though). None of Sony’s acquisitions have ever been on the same scale.

Last edited:

Snake29

RSI Employee of the Year
Bro, you do realize MS has enough money to buy SONY right now.

They have enough cash and other income driving assets to sit and wait until this investment becomes profitable. Xbox already has a solid install base that can grow with the success of the Series S/X plus they will make money from PC sales.

They don't need the sells from Playstation as much as you think and I think that point is missed here.

130+ billion? yeah keep dreaming.

Last edited:

Hezekiah

Banned

This is exactly the point these Xboys don't get. Fanboy fantasies aren't borne out in reality.

I'm unaffected either way - PC and Playstation - and I'll be upgrading my 1070ti later this year 😎.

Mattyp

Gold Member
130+ billion? yeah keep dreaming.

Keep dreaming about Starfield and TES coming to Playstation because that's all it will ever be. Sweeet dreams are made of thisssssss.

Last edited:

MonarchJT

Banned
Are you lumping steam in with ms though just because they happen to be on ms platform ? That doesn't mean anything windows is an open platform as far as storefronts go and by that logic Sony could open a storefront on Windows and sell on steam and instantly dominate Xbox as it does in the console market .... You said it yourself steam has 120 million users a month that's a number Microsoft wishes it had but their titles sadly for you though don't sell to 99% of those 120m users though and gamepass is like what 20m subs at the moment it's minuscule and in its infancy still it will grow for sure I'm playing rise of nations right now on it , I also think you overestimate the importance of xcloud because no one's gaming seriously on a tablet/phone or any mobile device that isn't a gaming laptop that kinda deafeats the object of having xcloud then in that situation.
The fight that you see in the console world is made solely to attract users ... the higher the number of users the more chances there will be that someone will buy this or that game. In reality, user reach is the basis of the economy on which almost everything is based.
Leaving aside the fact that Windows is objectively the Ms platform on which all the other services run around (office, azure etcetera etcetera) And that Microsoft, if desired, could give the good and bad times on its platform, as I said earlier uwp is the prime example , but total control over the API is too.
Microsoft Unfortunately, for us, and indirectly for them (financially) it hasn't released any big acclaimed games many have been highly criticized, with low ratings, and with problems of various kinds. With all this Sea of thieves has sold millions on pc, MCC the same and also Flight simulators,all including grounded are and have been in the steam top ten for months some still are.
I would bet whatever you want that as soon as forza 5 or halo infinite come out they will see such a high number of sales that it will impress many. This is possible only thanks to the user reach given by the very high number of users given by the unification of the platform.
Sony doesn't want to release everything on PC because they know they are not the owner of Windows and doing that invigorate only Microsoft's OS making it the ultimate gaming platform and this weakens the reason for their console existence.Also opening their store would mean only go to war with steam or egs by doing so. I am convinced however that the Sony purchase of Epic shares is in fact about an agreement on the release of their games on that store. (this is my personal speculation
Sony is too tied to her console, where can decide and dictate the rules. But I honestly don't know how long they will be able to do without releasing games on PC.

Last edited:

Kataploom

Gold Member
People still expecting MS to release games on other platforms other than those they're already releasing... Hmmmm... Ok, I hope I'd wake up with that much optimizism all days

Snake29

RSI Employee of the Year

Keep dreaming about Starfield and TES coming to Playstation because that's all it will ever be. Sweeet dreams are made of thisssssss.

You must be fucking stupid like some others to think they will burn all their cash? In what kind of parallel universe do you fans live these days? They can't even buy them with cash since Sony would be worth way more then current value.

Damn it's really some "payback" for you guys for something that only MS can be blamed for.....

Last edited:

yurinka

This is vague as fuck.
It isn't vague.

"some new titles in the future that will be exclusive to Xbox and PC players."
If they said 'some' instead of 'all' means some other games won't be exclusive so will be released on PlayStation or maybe even Switch.

And considering the platform holder PR traditionally calls use 'exclusive' to mention timed exclusives, it means some Bethesda games will be released day one on PlayStation or maybe even Switch.

"gamers should know that Xbox consoles, PC, and Game Pass will be the best place to experience new Bethesda games"
'The best place' means the Bethesda games, or at least some of them, will be released in other places.

Basically what we already knew: they will decide the exclusivity on a game per game basis, focusing on a 'first on' or 'better in' approach.

Is there really anyone who thought Micorosoft would have paid 7.5 billion of USA dollars to then not secure exclusivity?
I think some of the next Zenimax games (after Deathloop and Ghostwire Tokyo) will be full console exclusives. Other ones will be timed console exclusives. Other ones will be multiplatform since day one as we saw with other Microsoft games like Minecraft Dungeons. Other ones already released on other consoles will continue to get new content on these platforms.

Think what MS did with Minecraft. They bought it to milk its money, not to remove Minecraft away from other consoles.

Last edited:

Snake29

RSI Employee of the Year
When did I imply that? You implied they didn't have $130 billion which they do.

1600496874794.jpg

Maybe you need to read. Their current value is 130+ Billion. MS can't buy them with cash even if they have that money. First share holders won't even authorize to burn everything. Sony's value will be much higher than they have in cash. I don't understand why you brought up those games anyway. You Xbox fans really have a red haze in front of your eyes. You really see this as some kind of war, while MS themselves made sure you got nothing worthwhile on your plate previous generation.

There is only one to blame.

Last edited:

DaGwaphics

Deathloop and Ghost Wire for PS5.
AOE2 remake, Flight simulator and others.
Since Xbox Series Consoles support Keyboard and Mouse as well as having descent CPU's there is literally no reason for those games to be skipping or coming late to XB consoles.
Lets not forget that XBL is free on PC while console gamers subsidize the cost for the PC version by paying $60 a year for it.
Again lets not pretend MS can't afford to pay those deals back in order to launch those games day and date on Xbox.
Why? so that their 2nd rate clients don't feel so 2nd rate all the time.

I'll agree on the fact that AOE should get pushed over to xbox with keyboard and mouse required if need be. But so far, I don't think they've released anything that actually requires a keyboard, it's always just an option. So that could be the hang-up there.

I'll even agree on paid online, but the big three are all charging for online on console now, so that's an industry wide problem.

Other than that, your rant just comes across as some kind of bizarre griefing. :messenger_winking_tongue:

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
I really do not get why some of you don't see the difference between games that were formerly multiplatform and those that have been exclusive since day #1.

Especially when so many got angry about EGS getting exclusive distribution rights over Steam. There isn't really a good way to spin basically taking franchises with proven interest, and saying if you want to play the next entry you better use our launcher, or in this case our platforms.

It's kinda funny to me that nobody seems to be crying about "anti-consumerism" on this topic! Not saying that its a valid that line of argument, just the absence is really obvious! As is the hypocrisy if you find fault with one, but not the other.

Batiman

Banned
I guess to play Devil’s advocate it’s that Bethesda have always been a very large multi platform developer, with a broad fanbase on Sony consoles. There’s a good chance a lot of that fanbase won’t or can’t make the switch over, so makes financial sense to release the games to them as well to make more money (probable delayed release though). None of Sony’s acquisitions have ever been on the same scale.
That same question still applies.

The fight that you see in the console world is made solely to attract users ... the higher the number of users the more chances there will be that someone will buy this or that game. In reality, user reach is the basis of the economy on which almost everything is based.
Leaving aside the fact that Windows is objectively the Ms platform on which all the other services run around (office, azure etcetera etcetera) And that Microsoft, if desired, could give the good and bad times on its platform, as I said earlier uwp is the prime example , but total control over the API is too.
Microsoft Unfortunately, for us, and indirectly for them (financially) it hasn't released any big acclaimed games many have been highly criticized, with low ratings, and with problems of various kinds. With all this Sea of thieves has sold millions on pc, MCC the same and also Flight simulators,all including grounded are and have been in the steam top ten for months some still are.
I would bet whatever you want that as soon as forza 5 or halo infinite come out they will see such a high number of sales that it will impress many. This is possible only thanks to the user reach given by the very high number of users given by the unification of the platform.
Sony doesn't want to release everything on PC because they know they are not the owner of Windows and doing that invigorate only Microsoft's OS making it the ultimate gaming platform and this weakens the reason for their console existence.Also opening their store would mean only go to war with steam or egs by doing so. I am convinced however that the Sony purchase of Epic shares is in fact about an agreement on the release of their games on that store. (this is my personal speculation
Sony is too tied to her console, where can decide and dictate the rules. But I honestly don't know how long they will be able to do without releasing games on PC.
I doubt ms could lock windows up in this day and age "if it so desired" I'm sure that would be highly illegal if that's what you mean about good and bad times i just find it odd of the claims of lumping Xbox+ the entire of the pc market numbers to counter against Sony when they could literally do the same and will do, if there's money to be made Sony will absolutely release on pc it's an open market regardless who owns windows , it doesn't matter about fanboy feelings getting hurt it's just the way things are going and I imagine those games they are releasing in the near future will also do very well on steam charts etc but let's be honest like I said earlier about ms games Sony games will not sell to 99% of that 120 mill steam monthly users just like Microsoft games the numbers will be much smaller in reality .

Last edited:

DaGwaphics

I really do not get why some of you don't see the difference between games that were formerly multiplatform and those that have been exclusive since day #1.

Especially when so many got angry about EGS getting exclusive distribution rights over Steam. There isn't really a good way to spin basically taking franchises with proven interest, and saying if you want to play the next entry you better use our launcher, or in this case our platforms.

It's kinda funny to me that nobody seems to be crying about "anti-consumerism" on this topic! Not saying that its a valid that line of argument, just the absence is really obvious! As is the hypocrisy if you find fault with one, but not the other.

It shouldn't really be an issue. It's just business, that's the way it goes. Sony seems to have scooped up exclusivity with FF again, after a period where that was multi-plat on day one. And then there is SFV, that was always on all platforms. Along with the timed exclusives MS has always done. That's just part of the business, as long as the strategy bears fruit it will remain.

The store thing has always been hilarious to me, because unlike the console space (where maybe you can only afford or want one box) the launcher costs you absolutely nothing and you can easily install them all on PC.

GetemMa

It's easier to list the games that won't be exclusive.

ESO and Fallout 76.

Everything else is on PC and Xbox. MS doesn't spend that much on an asset without using that to bring people to their platform and getting people used to giving MS $15 a month through Game Pass. A PS5 port would completely undercut that strategy.

Last edited:
Another amazing Neogaf thread - so many definitive opinions from so little substance.

My favourite comments are the ones that say Microsoft will keep the crappy games as exclusive and put the big ones on PlayStation. Which is just insane logic. I also like how happy some people are that the dream is not completely dead on PS today, even if it's on life support. But of course, they hate Bethesda and have amazing pc's anyway, so whatever happens they don't really care :messenger_tears_of_joy: The same people who laud exclusives argue that exclusives just don't work for Microsoft.

I'm a marketing guy, and if I was MS I'd show everyone a Starfield trailer (or Indiana Jones or whatever) and only when the hype is at maximum would I reveal it's exclusive, then watch the bonfire. As another poster said, no gain in announcing anything today with nothing to show and no consoles to buy...

I'll decide whether to play these games on Series X or PC later, I'll probably dip into both and use play anywhere. Maybe even play on XCloud while travelling. What a time to be alive.

dyergram

Ps get the gaas and mmo stuff, along with Deathloop and Ghostwire, other than that xbox thug lifers guna be all up on that Elder G, Fallout, Doom, Wolf ect with the hench alpha dons up on the PC, but PS soys have no fear, you got new bald head emotional wreck Kratos game and that man child Last of Us amazing games to play.
Don’t forget captain ugly flat mom butt vs aliens.

I can’t wait for returnal.

MonarchJT

Banned
I doubt ms could lock windows up in this day and age "if it so desired" I'm sure that would be highly illegal if that's what you mean about good and bad times i just find it odd of the claims of lumping Xbox+ the entire of the pc market numbers to counter against Sony when they could literally do the same and will do, if there's money to be made Sony will absolutely release on pc it's an open market regardless who owns windows , it doesn't matter about fanboy feelings getting hurt it's just the way things are going and I imagine those games they are releasing in the near future will also do very well on steam charts etc but let's be honest like I said earlier about ms games Sony games will not sell to 99% of that 120 mill steam fanbase of the just like Microsoft the numbers will be much smaller in reality .
Okay, we think diametrically opposite about Windows, when Sony will release new games on Microsoft Windows partly hurting the sales of their console but certainly weakening their position and objectively making Windows 10 the ultimate gaming platform we will continue to talk. Up to that point Sony with the ps5 certainly doesn't have and will not have for the whole gen the user reach that ms has with w10 + Xbox + xcloud

Last edited:
Okay, we think diametrically opposite about Windows, when Sony will release new games on Microsoft Windows partly hurting the sales of their console but certainly weakening their position and objectively making Windows 10 the ultimate gaming platform we will continue to talk. Up to that point Sony with the ps5 certainly doesn't have and will not have for the whole gen the user reach that ms has with w10 + Xbox + xcloud
Users that play those Sony games on pc won't be paying ms for a subscription so why would it hurt them if anything you'll need a playstation account to play them and you'll also get ms fans paying and playing Sony games aswell after all they are on the same platform it works both ways it's just all free digital market fronts , there's no downside from what I see Sony stand to gain a shit ton more people in there eco system just like ms with Xbox .... After all isn't it all about how many people in your eco system these or so I've heard .

Edgelord79

Gold Member
The whole, vague, post acquisition messaging seems more and more like a tactic to get the consumers that are still on the fence, trying to decide which console they should get, to buy Xbox.
Microsoft's messaging had always been understated and vague. Completely different than Sony and their messaging.

Just because they don't say something will be exclusive doesn't prove the latter and vice versa.

MonarchJT

Banned
Users that play those Sony games on pc won't be paying ms for a subscription so why would it hurt them if anything you'll need a playstation account to play them and you'll also get ms fans paying and playing Sony games aswell after all they are on the same platform it works both ways it's just all free digital market fronts , there's no downside from what I see Sony stand to gain a shit ton more people in there eco system just like ms with Xbox .... After all isn't it all about how many people in your eco system these or so I've heard .
so you should tell jim ryan that hey are fuckin up everything and should release everything on pc because ps5 will hardly sell more than 110/120 million consoles (over the whole gen)

FrankWza

Like Microsoft is doling out money like a game of Monopoly with no concern for the bottom line for the foreseeable future.

It's bizarre because a year ago people were Microsoft didn't care about hardware sales. Now they're going to leverage their exclusive content to sells hundreds of millions of consoles to catch up with Sony and Nintendo lol 🤦🏽‍♂️.
I always liked the “you don’t spend 7.5 billion to release games on competitions console” posts. But, I still believe they’ll make everything exclusive. Like I’ve mentioned, the gold reversal set a precedent. Not that their customers won’t pay for full exclusivity, but I think they’ll buckle.

Hezekiah

Banned
He is apparently extremely riled up that Xbox now owns Bethesda and can do whatever the hell they want with their games after contractual liabilities are fulfilled.

He also seems to get super offended when anyone mentions the fact that their parent company, Microsoft, as one of the richest companies in the world, could easily buy Sony without thinking twice about it if they wanted to.
He has a PC, and he understands that a Japanese conglomerate like Sony will never be bought by Microsoft, no matter how much their no.1 shill wants it to happen 😥😄.

MonarchJT

Banned

leverage their platform ....is not hard to understand

Top Bottom