• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phil Spencer: announcement this week

Killjoy-NL

To be fair, on the Sony shills. it's an incredibly intelligent "war" opportunity for them. They will now move from "Xbox is leaving the industry and hardware" to "All xbox games will come to playstation one day, don't buy an Xbox for any of these games as they will come....JUST BE PATIENT and HOLD THE LINE"

As long as they stop sales of Xbox by spreading this message, it could very well cause the desired outcome they are looking for.
Most people will realize that the latter will lead to the former, which is what most of the discussion is about.

Last edited:
So when is this shit about to go down? Before or after the Nintendo Direct?
I don't care. I just want to see fire.

Animated GIF

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
You know there's no way anyone will say a thing like that, even if any game never ends up being ported, right?
Already preparing your next narrative I see.
To be fair, on the Sony shills. it's an incredibly intelligent "war" opportunity for them. They will now move from "Xbox is leaving the industry and hardware" to "All xbox games will come to playstation one day, don't buy an Xbox for any of these games as they will come....JUST BE PATIENT and HOLD THE LINE"

As long as they stop sales of Xbox by spreading this message, it could very well cause the desired outcome they are looking for.

The rumors are literally about this one thing: Xbox porting their games (SOT, Hi-Fi Rush, Indiana Jones, Gears of War, Starfield, etc.) to PlayStation and Nintendo.

- If they announce ANY of these games and don't say anything else, they confirm the rumors.
- If they don't announce ANY of these games, they squash the rumors.
- If they announce SOME of those games, they confirm the rumors - unless they confirm these are the only games releasing on multiplatform and the other games' rumors were false.

It's really not that complicated.

I expect they will at the very least confirm they are making more hardware, they will confirm some titles are coming to other consoles and they will confirm they will continue to have some exclusives (timed at least).

I also expect their messaging will be vague enough that every future game from MS is basically going to be speculated on whether it will come to PS5/Switch 2 at some point.

I hope they are explicit and concrete with their messaging but let's be honest. That's probably unlikely. They are never coming out and saying "we will never have exclusive titles again" not will they come out and say "We're not porting any titles after Sea of Thieves and Hifi Rush".

Please be today.
Ehhh no LOL!!! Why would they make MORE hardware if it isn't selling!? Please explain.

They can't afford to be vague since they let this shitstorm unfold in their absense. Clear as day or Fuck off.

They will lose what is left of the playerbase if they don't CLEARLY outline their future plans. And they deserve it if this happens.

Mowcno

Ehhh no LOL!!! Why would they make MORE hardware if it isn't selling!? Please explain.

They can't afford to be vague since they let this shitstorm unfold in their absense. Clear as day or Fuck off.

They will lose what is left of the playerbase if they don't CLEARLY outline their future plans. And they deserve it if this happens.
Basically every insider and rumour says more Xbox hardware is coming. The people that leaked the multiplatform stuff also say the same.

MS are taking a new approach. Now I doubt it'll sell as well as even the Series did, it may be unsuccessful and not last long but new hardware is coming, of that I'm pretty confident.

Once they inevitably confirm Hifi and SoT are coming then you'd have to be delusional to think it'll end there. There will be more multiplatform games. So yes they can't afford to be vague but it still wouldn't surprise me if they were.

Last edited:

Mowcno

That will not be enough to squash the rumors, at all.

If they announce SOT and Hi-Fi Rush, that means they have opened the way for their SP and MP games to be multiplatform. Unless they explicitly mention that "these are the only 2 games that will be released on other platforms, and no other game will be ported now or in the future" the announcement will essentially confirm all the rumors.
Pretty much. I wouldn't say it would confirm the specific games rumoured (Starfield, IJ, Gears) but after they confirm SoT and Hifi who would be delusional enough to think it'd end there.

That'd be like after Sony put HZD on steam saying that they'll not put any other games on PC.

Mephisto40

You sound like quite the shill yourself if you're peddling this console war conspiracy nonsense tbh

GHG

Gold Member

Imagine blaming anyone other than the people at Xbox for the current situation.

Incredible really. Going down with the ship alongside Jez, crying "Sony shills" as you drown.

Gudji

My bet for this week announcement:

- Not all games will be day one on gamepass except if you pay for a new tier that they'll be announcing this week
- Most game will go 3rd party but with a exclusive time window for high profile exclusives, most GaaS style games will probably be day one on all platforms (kinda like sony does on PC)
- The process will be gradual and it will take a couple of years to be in full effect

Maybe they won't say it outright but yeah the writting will be on the wall.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
The rumors are literally about this one thing: Xbox porting their games (SOT, Hi-Fi Rush, Indiana Jones, Gears of War, Starfield, etc.) to PlayStation and Nintendo.

- If they announce ANY of these games and don't say anything else, they confirm the rumors.
- If they don't announce ANY of these games, they squash the rumors.
- If they announce SOME of those games, they confirm the rumors - unless they confirm these are the only games releasing on multiplatform and the other games' rumors were false.

It's really not that complicated.

No, it really isn't that complicated.

No one will ever make absolute statements like the kind you're looking for.

Shrap

Microsoft starts porting Xbox games to Playstation
Xbox hardware stops selling
???
"Sony shills" to blame

You need to start blaming yourself. You are definitely part of the problem.

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
Game Pass Ultimate Pro - £29.99 a month with exclusive access to all 'day one' Xbox games (the new whales or FOMO's tier) comes with exclusive GamerTag (TM) sticker on your profile to show off to your friends.
Game Pass Ultimate - £15.99 (increase) the current tat and after 3 months or 6 months the games from the Pro tier will be available
Game Pass Core - £12.99

All the conversion tricks nerfed so no 24 months of gold converting to 12 months of ultimate.

All the rewards stuff nerfed so instead of a reasonable 12,000 points for one month of GPU it'll be increased to 16,000 points (and likewise the 35,000 points for 3 months will be increased to 50 or 60,000 points)

No new member 'one month free sign ups' and also if you let your current subscription expire you have to wait 3 months before you can sign up so none of this just subbing for a month to play one game then cancelling.

Last edited:

Gudji

The moment the event is announced we'll have 20 new threads anyway.
Are they even announcing the event? I think they'll just come out and outright say it, kinda like they did with Bethesda and Activision acquisition.

Last edited:

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
You sound like quite the shill yourself if you're peddling this console war conspiracy nonsense tbh
Captain America Lol GIF by mtv
I hope that they just announce every game is going third party, if not...We can see what narrative starts to be formed from the likes of Heisenberg007 Heisenberg007 .
Microsoft starts porting Xbox games to Playstation
Xbox hardware stops selling
???
"Sony shills" to blame

That's not what I put...I said if, in the event it ended up being two games....lets see what narrative starts to be formed...

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
Imagine if they raise the price of Game Pass....and still don't have an annual sub option...

Mephisto40

Game Pass Ultimate Pro - £29.99 a month with exclusive access to all 'day one' Xbox games (the new whales or FOMO's tier) comes with exclusive GamerTag (TM) sticker on your profile to show off to your friends.
Game Pass Ultimate - £15.99 (increase) the current tat and after 3 months or 6 months the games from the Pro tier will be available
Game Pass Core - £12.99

All the conversion tricks nerfed so no 24 months of gold converting to 12 months of ultimate.

All the rewards stuff nerfed so instead of a reasonable 12,000 points for one month of GPU it'll be increased to 16,000 points (and likewise the 35,000 points for 3 months will be increased to 50 or 60,000 points)

No new member 'one month free sign ups' and also if you let your current subscription expire you have to wait 3 months before you can sign up so none of this just subbing for a month to play one game then cancelling.
Man if they announce you can get new games day one if you subscribe to an extra subscription tier that is going to go down like a lead balloon, that would be an unbelievably bad move

HeWhoWalks

Gold Member
90 percent of your posts in the last few weeks are in Xbox related threads shitting on them. I can't see one post discussing positivity around games you are playing or anything. Are you ok?
🤣 Show me a post "shitting" on them.

As for being okay, again, you are the cult-of-personality on this site. You claim to be a "neutral" party, but are as pretentious as it gets. You've flipped-flopped based on a tweet here and there and now say you're just trying to call out "shills" like Heisenberg007 Heisenberg007

If Projection was a person, you are him. Look at the other posts also calling this exact stuff out. Coincidence? :p

Last edited:

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Show me a post "shiting" on them.

As for being okay, again, you are the cult-of-personality on this site. You pretend to be a "neutral" party but have fooled no one. As pretentious as it gets. You've flipped flopped based on a tweet here and there and now say you're just trying to call out "shills" like Heisenberg007 Heisenberg007

If Projection was a person, you are him.

I just looked through your post history, and it doesn't look healthy. You guys can try and project your opinions on others etc, But reality is clean as day. I have no problem with people like yourself claiming your thoughts on someone like myself but you only have to look at someone like yourselves post history to see the reality. THere are a lot of users on this forum obsessed with Xbox and its entertaining to see how much they post in Xbox related threads, but clearly hate them.
- Keep trying to attack someone with a different opinion than yourself.

What do you actually enjoy?

Last edited:
Top Bottom