• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phil Spencer: announcement this week

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
It’s Monday

Waiting GIF

reinking

Gold Member
Has Xbox ever held one of these "business update" events public? I believe it is good news that Xbox is delivering it and not Microsoft. That indicates to me that Xbox games will still be around and not everything will go Microsoft Games. At least for now.

Shin-Ra

International Cat Day Pizza GIF by Storyful

The hand jam on the shoulder RT lettering of that 360 controller though.

Haven’t seen it that nasty since a friend brought round their own N64 controller.

Haven’t pmsl this hard since the thread below.

Actual physical pain.

Last edited:

MistBreeze

Wow… After the ps5 / series x anticipation thread I said there will be nothing like that ever

Then the Microsoft ABK thread and I said this is nothing will top that

And now this???

All I can say Im happy I lives to see all this epicness in a mater of few years 🥹🥹

You know what's kinda funny to think about?

If Microsoft's next hardware is a PC with Windows and Xbox UIs natively, they will effectively allow any new "Xbox Owners" to gain access to Playstation exclusives as well, without Sony's endorsement. Kinda genius when you think about it.

I think Microsoft may have some luck with the 'Steam Machine' approach, and Sony should be worried about going too heavily into PC on their exclusive SP content.

So fear not green rats! You may get Playstation on your next Xbox.

Crayon

An xbox branded pc just ends up neing used for steam. Not necessarily a bad thing, though. I would be interested in a pc put together like a console. There would be a $200-300 premium but that's reasonable.

StueyDuck

It's all one big ruse...

Phil's gonna walk on screen in his Sunday finest and start the show saying "for years we have been leaders in the gaming industry, to remain a leader, one must remain agile and adapt to what the future has to offer. That's why today marks the day for a groundbreaking new movement for the Xbox Brand and for gamers alike.

Today xbox is becoming.... the Sexbox."

Then JT I'm bringing sexy back starts playing and Phil just starts stripping. It turns out all xboxs will now be dedicated onlyfans hardware for streaming and editing for ethots.

By the way I'm Jizzy colt, I have been on an xbox podcast once so it means I am absolutely 100% an insider so please feel free to spread the news. Write articles and just generally believe everything I say all the time

Last edited:

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
An xbox branded pc just ends up neing used for steam. Not necessarily a bad thing, though. I would be interested in a pc put together like a console. There would be a $200-300 premium but that's reasonable.

News flash...MS have partnered with Steam. Gabe has taken Phil to a knife ceremony last week, that's why he couldn't publicly address anything.

Seriously though. I absolutely love that Jez wrote some hero tweet about going down with the ship then a few days later he's bailed....you couldn't make this shit up. I hope some intelligent comedy writers do a spoof comedy film about this mess of a shill fanbase.

Everyone knows I like xbox, not more than sony or definitely Nintendo. I enjoy all 3 and like that they are all finally different with what they offer this gen but man, those xbox shill twitter guys are off their rocker....The shit I've seen this last week, I can completely understand why so many do not want to be associated with the brand and it was microsofts own nurturing of those loonies that caused it.

Looking forward to this week and I hope everyone gets what they want from it.

This is my hope

- Microsoft share their commitment to hardware, with it being a higher end console/PC environment -whichever
- They improve their PC xbox store to open up xbox abk. Basically the PC xbox app becomes am xbox environment meaning my account is safe for the future and its purchases. Back compat on PC would be incredible.
- All high end games goto ps5 and switch including halo, gears, forza horizon etc making these games have much longer lifespans and playerbases that can enjoy the games on their desired platforms. Future xbox "gaas" games launch day one on ps5 and switch 2 further boosting player counts.
- Game pass continues to get day one xbox games.
- Microsoft continues to make great periphs and an elite 3 controller is announced with adaptive triggers and that specisl rumble so that it inspires xbox to make all their future games work well across all platforms. Active reload on gears being awesome on ps5 and xbox.
- They kill xbox live and make online gaming free on the xbox platform.

Last edited:

DJ12

Is this what Xbox are telling people?
Poor guy is struggling to cope with the fact he might have to pay for things again.

Xbox is not competition for Sony and hasn't been for years.

Sony put up the price due to inflation, ms made a press release saying we never would, ended up selling it for £349 and still no one brought it. That's not competition.

Killjoy-NL

Watch it be nothing but a rebrand (that lays the groundwork for easier 3rd party porting) and people still won't see the writing on the wall.

Like Microsoft Games and dropping the Xbox branding completely. The dripfeed effect.
This.

A business update wouldn't make sense at all if there isn't going to be a major shift in strategy.

It's amazing that even in the potential case of Xbox falsifying its promise to the userbase regarding exclusivity and the premise on which they sold their consoles to them, it is Sony that turns out to be the bad guy 😄

Its a little insane but it seems like he's going to blame Xbox's price hikes on Sony. When the truth is the extra revenue from games not being on gamepass could help keep prices down.

If anything he should be thanking Sony for allowing any Microsoft 1st party titles on PlayStation.

Last edited:
Top Bottom