• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phil Spencer: announcement this week

DryvBy

FSZEc6K.jpg
I said fanboys. Get outta here with girls.

Why do they dance around things like this? Why can’t they be honest and say what is right there in their face;

They are already on millions of devices beyond the console and it hasn’t substantially improved much

They have done a poor job this generation. And now the same people who played a part in that will now present a new strategy.

Again and again, far more talk about where and how to play versus what you actually play

TheBomb

Why do they dance around things like this? Why can’t they be honest and say what is right there in their face;

They are already on millions of devices beyond the console and it hasn’t substantially improved much

They have done a poor job this generation. And now the same people who played a part in that will now present a new strategy.

Again and again, far more talk about where and how to play versus what you actually play

It’s at the stage of bargaining that’s associated with grief. Shock was of course at the start of all the news that was leaked.

Topher

Gold Member

I'm trying to make sense of what he is saying.

"put the games where you are vs you going to the games"

The hell does that even mean?

No idea, again they talk around the obvious

They have done a weak job

They don’t think about the console as say a Nintendo or Sony and probably haven’t for at least five years

The same people will the same people behind the scenes who messed up going forward

Phil Spencer once said the console gamer was the highest value customer. Spends the most, plays the most, his words.

So why treat the console in the way they have?

Why is a trillion dollar company being outperformed and outclassed in software by their competitors in the gaming space ?

Stuff like that. All joking aside I’m a little pissed off the way things have turned out as you can probably tell

Last edited:

Eiknarf

What if Microsoft's next console is just a Windows based open source "PC in a box", sort of like a Steam Machine or Rog Ally/Steam Deck? Doesn't that mean technically Sony games that have been ported to PC will now be available on Xbox??

Hero of Spielberg

Gold Member
What if Microsoft's next console is just a Windows based open source "PC in a box", sort of like a Steam Machine or Rog Ally/Steam Deck? Doesn't that mean technically Sony games that have been ported to PC will now be available on Xbox??
That would be quite the turntables

Last edited:

bitbydeath

Deleted.

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
If they do that and make a open multistore streamlined Xbox PC I'm all over it. That's what I said in the OEM thread. Let console gamers start building up a PC library while keeping their Xbox library. It has to be multistore to work. Would be all digital with price competition. Only people left paying $70 with no GP would be PS. But yeah, not likely. We'll see.

sachos

Can't see the original comment, but assuming it was someone from Xbox, "Put the games (our exclusives) where you are (people that don't own an Xbox) vs you going to the games (vs you buying our console)".
That is how i interpreted it.

Topher

Gold Member
Can't see the original comment, but assuming it was someone from Xbox, "Put the games (our exclusives) where you are (people that don't own an Xbox) vs you going to the games (vs you buying our console)".
That is how i interpreted it.

That makes more sense

people have been throwing the "Xbox OS" lately. They say MS's handheld will be running Xbox OS thus being superior to a steam deck/similar devices

MS can make a handheld running Windows and brand it as a Xbox Handheld. (trying to be all 4D chess big brain). if they try pull off that kind of shit (marketing wise), they will be in trouble.

Top Bottom