• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phil Spencer: announcement this week

Alebrije

Hellblade 2 can save em
Think they are beyond "______ Will save them"

They could release today new Elders Scrolls and don't have the market to makes it financial viable. They would need like 10 top 90 points exclusives to catch Sony but at the same time Sony not releasing great games.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Turns out to be?

I think that’s the only outcome that is guaranteed :messenger_tears_of_joy: Nothing else is off the table, but the frenzy has been pure insanity.

I’m expecting the original rumours to be true (at least) - Sea of Thieves, Hi Fi Rush and so on - but the other stuff will turn out to have been embarrassing nonsense, and I’m really expecting Microsoft to have a surprise or two in store in their plans.

They must be sat in Seattle thinking ‘we knew these people were nuts, but holy shit’…

My only hope, if this shit turns out to be like you've said. Which I can see being true. Is MS literally says fuck you lunatics, we don't want you.

Like, I don't know how they dare put themselves out in a public forum after this.

I like my xbox snd xbox in general, and I've invested in their eco system but I don't want to be associated with those psychos. It's those that have killed the brand worse than MS here.

jm89

Guys like natedrake are incredibly annoying.

He'll only say oh yeah I meant that game after someone else has the balls to go and reveal it.

FewRope

Nate basically said some things will get ported, some may not….XBox is staying in hardware and will compete with the PS6 (good luck)….

I asked him about GP and changes to it, found his answer interesting…

“Whispers that I didn’t pay much attention to at the time as it sounded asinine but may need to revisit.”
I think he is full of shit in this regard and everything he says sounds damage control of some kind lol

Jerm411

Tom Warren chimes in….

“I just wanna make it very clear that most folks in Xbox don't know the full details of what Microsoft will discuss next week. So people that are backtracking on certain stuff never really knew either.”

Ivan

f7peaW4.jpg
The old gaf is back...like this? :messenger_tears_of_joy:

• Strength
Reactions: TGO

Woopah

He is in Resetera saying Xbox games will be exclusive and even Starfield may not be ported, the whole thread is kinda of a mess
I think he's just backpeddling on Starfield as it might be bad info. But I don't think he ever said Xbox would have 0 exclusives going forward.

My only hope, if this shit turns out to be like you've said. Which I can see being true. Is MS literally says fuck you lunatics, we don't want you.

Like, I don't know how they dare put themselves out in a public forum after this.

I like my xbox snd xbox in general, and I've invested in their eco system but I don't want to be associated with those psychos. It's those that have killed the brand worse than MS here.
Both sides need to take a step back.

I’m not pro exclusive, but can see the unfortunate need for them if there’s no accord between the companies (the Nadella position I guess) - I don’t see how Microsoft releasing any games a year later on PS5 is so many magnitudes worse than Sony releasing on PC…

Apart from the having to read the annoying verbal diarrhoea from the fanboys I would hope that would be such a huge success that Sony would see sense and follow suit. Would make more frequent hardware refreshes more palatable because we’d all just be buying one box, and we wouldn’t be using hardware that was mid range six years ago by the end of a generation. Generations are a completely outdated concept now.

Series X and PS5 are essentially minor variations on the same PC anyway…

devilNprada

Oh... it would play standard PC games. The only thing "Xbox" about it would be the version of Windows it would have. Think Windows Gaming Lite... or a more open version of the current Xbox OS. And they will be pushing their store and gamepass. But I believe there wil be some new version of windows that anyone can install on any device that is far far far less resource-hungry and perfectly optimized for gaming. And that also makes things like driver updates for CPUs/GPUs, overclocking...etc, all very very easy.

It would still be cheaper than building a PC with similar specs though.
A windows App XBOX essentially turns the PC window into an Xbox - hypothetical because I am not a programmer.

I like what you're saying and think you are on the right Track... But MS does not want hardware at all.
Hardware manufacturing is too low Margin. They are making 34% income on their service revenues. No manufacturer makes that.
They want their software (high margin) on other companies hardware (low margin).

Xbox already has a name and goodwill as a gaming machine... They can't just throw that away. What about selling off the physical aspect, or licensing it off to Asus or Lenovo as an Xbox line of PC's. A company that can produce a whole line much more efficiently than MS could.

sachos

Holy shit, is it really happening? What's our bet on what exactly they are announcing? I think they will still want to have time exclusivity at the very least, maybe launch games after a year on PS5? Use Gears of War Collection as a testbed?
If they start launching their games same day on PS5 they will still have the "Free on Gamepass" line to entice people into the Xbox hardware but i think a lot of people will just go "meh, i might as well wait for the complete patched edition a year later while i play my PS5 exclusives".

XXL

Holy shit, is it really happening? What's our bet on what exactly they are announcing? I think they will still want to have time exclusivity at the very least, maybe launch games after a year on PS5? Use Gears of War Collection as a testbed?
If they start launching their games same day on PS5 they will still have the "Free on Gamepass" line to entice people into the Xbox hardware but i think a lot of people will just go "meh, i might as well wait for the complete patched edition a year later while i play my PS5 exclusives".
GamePass might be getting changed significantly aswell.

Jerm411

Nate is now saying Starfield isn’t on the list of games he’s heard about…

HE LITERALLY MADE A TWEET CORROBORATING THE XBOX ERA STORY lol….🤦🏻‍♂️

Neofire

Xbots saying Sony must do the same and release their games on Xbox or they'll look terrible...

sloth no GIF
This is what going to happen next, which is one of the reasons I don't like what Microsoft are doing. Salty Xbox owners will be spewing all over the internet that Sony should release all its games everywhere too.

Both sides need to take a step back.

I’m not pro exclusive, but can see the unfortunate need for them if there’s no accord between the companies (the Nadella position I guess) - I don’t see how Microsoft releasing any games a year later on PS5 is so many magnitudes worse than Sony releasing on PC…

Apart from the having to read the annoying verbal diarrhoea from the fanboys I would hope that would be such a huge success that Sony would see sense and follow suit. Would make more frequent hardware refreshes more palatable because we’d all just be buying one box, and we wouldn’t be using hardware that was mid range six years ago by the end of a generation. Generations are a completely outdated concept now.

Series X and PS5 are essentially minor variations on the same PC anyway…

Depends on what you mean by worse. From a business standpoint it makes your hardware even more obsolete. What's the point in buying an Xbox when the games are being ported to Playstation? Might as well just buy a playstation and have the best of both worlds.

PC is different. I've been in and out of PC gaming for like 3 decades at this point. It's not the same as consoles. Using a keyboard and mouse when you just want to chill on your couch is a PIA. Some people just want to use a controller and that option isn't really possible on PC. PC is very close though and I almost got to that point but ran into other issues (random controller disconnects). Not to mention the cost of entry is much higher. PC gamers love to talk about all the positive but they don't mention the negatives that come along with it. I work full time and have kids. I don't have 25 mins to troubleshoot why my xbox controller lost connection. Well I do have 25 mins but that's 25 mins I just that I could have been gaming.

A lot of people work on PC's at work and don't want to sit down at another desk at home to relax. They want to lay down while their kids run around in front of them and play games.

FewRope

Everything Sneakers said on this forum is probably close to the truth than anything else when we have know shill Tom Warren saying Xbox doesnt know what is going to happen lol

Astray

Tom Warren chimes in….

“I just wanna make it very clear that most folks in Xbox don't know the full details of what Microsoft will discuss next week. So people that are backtracking on certain stuff never really knew either.”
Whatever it is, it's clearly still high-level discussions where things are still being negotiated, and most middle manager or PR professionals don't have clear directives yet. Spencer is trying to buy time to negotiate.

My prediction stays the same.

XXL

Tom Warren chimes in….

Microsoft is going to bring Phil Spencer out and fire him on stream. Lol.

Last edited:

jm89

Nate is just looking like a fraud.

His saying regarding starfield it's either bad info or good info gone bad...

But he doesn't seem sure himself.

Give me a fucking break with that shit.

Just say you don't know and move on.

Last edited:

FunkMiller

Nate is now saying Starfield isn’t on the list of games he’s heard about…

HE LITERALLY MADE A TWEET CORROBORATING THE XBOX ERA STORY lol….🤦🏻‍♂️

There is nothing more pathetic than some anonymous neckbeard who spends his time in a gaming forum, dropping random tidbits of information that may or may not be true, just so he can feel valued by the other random neckbeards.

Nobody with any MS insider information about this is going to be on ResetEra, talking about rumours regarding the company. They’re all well paid adults, not children who need validation from strangers.

Last edited:
Top Bottom