• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pete Hines: Indiana Jones (Machine Games) Will be PC/Xbox Only - Will Launch on Game Pass Day 1

mdkirby

I’m frankly surprised by this. I would not have thought their contract with Disney would have allowed them to change the platforms it would release on, particularly given the sales split on many multiplatform games is 80/20 in PlayStations favour. So Disney are losing out on 4/5th of the market that they originally inked the deal on.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
I’m frankly surprised by this. I would not have thought their contract with Disney would have allowed them to change the platforms it would release on, particularly given the sales split on many multiplatform games is 80/20 in PlayStations favour. So Disney are losing out on 4/5th of the market that they originally inked the deal on.
In normal circumstances, Disney wouldn't. However, I'm sure Microsoft paid them a very hefty cheque that covered for (1) Lost projected sales on PlayStation, and (2) Lost projected sales on Xbox because of day one Game Pass.

Think of like at least a $100 million cheque.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
FYI, Nick something, yes that same Nick, mentioned this was exclusive a whole year ago.

Gorgon

To be fair....players can always play the on PC?

Also at least the PC version will be release same day as console and not a year after....

Not all players have a gaming-ready PC (they may have a shitty laptop for work) or even a PC (Windows) to begin with (e.g. many use Linux or Mac).

Last edited:

GinSama

Not all players have a gaming-ready PC (they may have a shitty laptop for work) or even a PC (Windows) to begin with (e.g. many use Linux or Mac).
But thats why consoles has exclusives....i don't have a good PC. So i just have the 3 consoles....i know is not excuse and is not fair...and it sucks....but there's always options....

adamsapple

I am this. I do have a 'gaming' laptop, but its an aging 1060 GPU. Having consoles feels better to me cause its cheaper than a PC that would match or surpass the console experience for me. Also PC gaming has pretty much become 100% digital so there's no physical, used sales, rentals etc.

Last edited:

Fredrik

Also at least the PC version will be release same day as console and not a year after....
Yeah this is why MS exclusives don’t bother me much. No 30fps nonsense or waiting for late releases or double dipping if you’re a console+PC gamer.

I wonder how machine games gonna do this family friendly
bAZbZ5D.gif

There’s a lot you can do with family friendly…

After MS killed PlayStation they'll be coming for Steam.

Think of the most evil course of action. Now triple it and you'll have MS strategy.

It can’t be bargained with. It can’t be reasoned with. It doesn’t feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are paying.

graywolf323

After MS killed PlayStation they'll be coming for Steam.

Think of the most evil course of action. Now triple it and you'll have MS strategy.

It can’t be bargained with. It can’t be reasoned with. It doesn’t feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are paying.
terminator GIF

mdkirby

In normal circumstances, Disney wouldn't. However, I'm sure Microsoft paid them a very hefty cheque that covered for (1) Lost projected sales on PlayStation, and (2) Lost projected sales on Xbox because of day one Game Pass.

Yeah makes sense…tho I wouldn’t be surprised if it’d be quite a bit higher, it’s quite an important property for Disney with a new movie too, so in terms of brand expansion/awareness losing out on that amount of players would be quite a hit…it’s games pass day one too so it’s not like they’ll be getting many unit sales either.

On the plus side, at least it’s another reason to fire up the dusty ol’ seriesX 🤣

Gorgon

But thats why consoles has exclusives....i don't have a good PC. So i just have the 3 consoles....i know is not excuse and is not fair...and it sucks....but there's always options....

Yes, but your statement "To be fair....players can always play them on PC?" assumes everyone as one. They don't. So, you could just well have said "To be fair....players can always play them on Xbox?". The end result is the same: buy something else where the game you want is.

GinSama

Yes, but your statement "To be fair....players can always play them on PC?" assumes everyone as one. They don't. So, you could just well have said "To be fair....players can always play them on Xbox?". The end result is the same: buy something else where the game you want is.

There is two ways to play the game , the games is coming out day one on Xbox and PC, if somebody don't have have a Xbox , high specs PC , low specs PC I'm sorry maybe they need to buy?

I mean there is options.

The game is not close to one ecosystem nor is closed to a bullshit time exclusive .....

Gorgon

There is two ways to play the game , the games is coming out day one on Xbox and PC, if somebody don't have have a Xbox , high specs PC , low specs PC I'm sorry maybe they need to buy?

I mean there is options.

The game is not close to one ecosystem nor is closed to a bullshit time exclusive .....

I agree, my comment was about the way you worded it. But yes, if you really want it then there's no other choice except forking out the cash one way or another.

adamsapple

I mean there is options.

3 ways if you include xcloud.

pasterpl

Gamepass ultimate and even potato pc, mobile phone, tablet can stream any game from gamepass just need good internet connection

adamsapple

any news whether they will use Harrison Ford model in the game?

No, this recent FTC thing is the most news the games had since announcement lol

I bet there will be climbing sections, at which point the game will go into third person as soon as you start grabbing onto the wall, or something like that.

similar to the cover system in Perfect Dark Zero which goes into third person

Machine Games has only made first person games in their brief history, so it's gonna be interesting to see them tackle a different perspective.

Last edited:

DavidGzz

So Sony get's spider man and Xbox gets indiana jones?

I hope indiana jones is as good as spider man..but I have my doubts..

Well, at least is will be different. After the last two, I'm a little Spidermaned out. I'll pick it up at some point but it looks like more of the same and I never finished Miles.

adamsapple

Not sure about machine games as the dev, but we will see.

Yeah, their history is a very specific kind of game, it's the same kind of oddity as seeing the Forza developer tackle an RPG. Let's see how it shows whenever its ready.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
Not in regards to Ghostwire and Deathloop, these were both in development and Sony paid for exclusivity long before the acquisition. A contract would have been in place, they can't just break it. It was cute of MS to say they'll honour the contract, but unless they wanted to be taken to court over it they had no choice but to honour it.

Not necessary, I believe Microsoft can also pay a sum of money to Sony to break the contract.

I really hope the game to be good Indiana Jones experience. Make it like Uncharted meets Tomb Raider but it's Indiana Jones and I'm in. Exclusivity doesn't bother me.

Helghan

Hahaha, sure just throw around random numbers for which you have no proper basis.

I'm pretty sure Sony paid $200 million to Square Enix for FF marketing rights.

Last edited:
“case by case basis”

yep Xbox can totally be trusted while behind the scenes they go as far as to renegotiate an existing contract in order to remove the competition
If Sony can have spiderman exclusive which used to multiplatform ip then why MS cant have Indiana jones.?

Atleast, you can play xbox games on pc steam, xbox and cloud and game pass day one.

No one complains when Sony renegotiate deals for games like FF and other 3rd party games to make em exclusive but if MS doing same bunch of jokers come out of their momys basement to bash Xbox. Fking hypocrites lol

Last edited:
I really hope the game to be good Indiana Jones experience. Make it like Uncharted meets Tomb Raider but it's Indiana Jones and I'm in. Exclusivity doesn't bother me.
It will be better. Machine games makes quality game.

Both Wolfenstein games had fantastic story and characters and action.

Please dont talk about young blood, Zenimax forced them to made Gaas type game as they were struggling financially that time.

Literally changing contracts, paying money, to remove PlayStation for a third-party IP.

"Gaming is for everyone."
"Sony makes it harder for us by making it discreet exclusivity deals."
"When everyone plays, we all win."
"Zenimax acquisition was not done to take games away from PlayStation."
Correction. He said we will not pull games with existing fanbase and community like ESO and FO76. Go read what he said or meant.

Indiana jones has fanbase and community on PS? Lol.

Last edited:
Microsoft is like the biggest lying dick in High School. :D
No lie. Case by case basis. No established ip with community on PS was pulled from PS. Indian jones is brand new game series.

Also, since we talking about people lying then What about Jim "flying Lying Saving Private" Ryan?. How many lies he said publicly to regulators and then privately to MS. We will never see people like you ever call out Sony lies lol.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
Correction. He said we will not pull games with existing fanbase and community like ESO and FO76. Go read what he said or meant.

Indiana jones has fanbase and community on PS? Lol.
This is what he said.

EyFdSjj.jpg

And this is what they submitted to the European Commission.

lldDH27.jpg

Where do you see "existing fanbase and community" here? lol

Fredrik

That’s how it has always been with exclusives. There was always those who couldn’t play the games without an extra investment.

Maybe if fans stopped putting every single exclusive on a pedestal and downplaying multiplats and stating that PC versions don’t matter we wouldn’t be in this position, where a core gamer needs to own 3 consoles and/or a PC to not turn into a salty grumpy whiny person everytime there is talk about an interesting exclusive on ”the wrong” platform.

The publishers listened. This is what we got. Now we have more console exclusives and timed exclusivity deals, just like the fans wanted, and that’s alright because the games come to PC too and then the exclusivity don’t matter, like the fans said.

Top Bottom