• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bethesda's Pete Hines Says Redfall Will Be a Good Game Eventually, Compares It to Fallout 76

Whoever did/managed those internal reviews needs to be let go. No way this game should have been released and a years extra time probably won’t be enough.

killatopak

I say this as someone who loved fallout 76. It was bad then became good then became bad again.

F1QVx7C.jpg

Kadve

What a disgusting mindset.

”Get give us your money upfront and maybe we will give you a product worth the price”

imagine giving these conman a dime.
Game industry in a nutshell right now when you think about it

Last edited:

Three

Kind of weird they are mentioning GaaS games like ESO and Fallout76 as the comparisons. I guess MS were trying to pull the wool over some regulators eyes about "GaaS games we don't make exclusive" or something and they plan to go full on live service with it as was rumoured.

MikeM

Imagine being a day 1 buyer then hearing that the game might be good years down the road… oof.

Jigsaah

Gold Member
Fallout 76 was a game from an established and beloved IP. Many people played it since launch despite the issues because they loved Fallout. Redfall doesn't have anything going for it, the gamers already forgotten about it and won't come back no matter how much it's improved.
True. And not only that. I played Fallout 76 in its original state until I was level 70 something. There's just something about the freedom to go out and doing whatever you want in these Bethesda games I just can't get enough of. There is always that next goal to achieve, the next narrative to uncover. I played Starfield 32 hours so far and haven't done a single mission for Constellation. It wasn't even on purpose. I just am perpetually side tracked from the main quest.

Anyways, I'm also side tracking from the point of this reply. Redfall has Dishonored DNA. The Dishonored formula carries as much weight in loyalty as Fallout does even I think Dishonored 2 was a better game than Fallout 4.

The reason is simple. Dishonored lines up one carrot stick after another, in order and very neatly. Fallout, Skyrim and now Starfield gots big carrots, baby carrots, carrot cake, carrot soup, carrot salad placed in all directions. Pick your flavor.

They also said they were going to make it offline playable with a patch as well. Complete nonsense and utter rubbish at this point. Ashamed he has the nerve to actually come out and say this thinking its ok with gamers. Shows where his mindset is.

At least Fallout 76 had the Fallout brand recognition going for it. Redfall blew the first impression and doesn't have a franchise or any interesting details to back it up or make people want to come back.

Krathoon

That kind of amuses me about the industry. They just push out the game warts and all. There is no quality control.

This happened long ago with Ultima 9.

They have always done this. It is because it is entertainment. They can get away with it.

Top Bottom