• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Series Sold 630k Copies Worldwide From April to June 2023

Sega Sammy has released the company’s Fiscal Year Ending March 2024 first quarter (consisting of April, May, June 2023) financial results today. As with previous earnings reports, Sega has an outline for specific game series which notably performed during that quarter, including Persona.

According to the financial results, the Persona series sold approximately 630k units worldwide (including digital and physical sales) in April, May, and June 2023. This comes from repeat sales of previously released Persona games, notably the newly remastered versions of Persona 3 Portable, Persona 4 Golden, and Persona 5 Royal.

As reported in April 2023, the Persona series had achieved 3.27 million copies sold from the beginning of April 2022 to the end of March 2023.
Sega-Sammy-Sales-FY-2024-Q1.png

Previous Persona Sales Milestones​

In November 2022, Atlus confirmed that the Persona series had sold approximately 16.8 million units worldwide. As of the end of November 2022, the Persona 5 series (including Persona 5, Persona 5 Royal, Persona 5 Strikers, and Persona 5: Dancing in Starlight) had sold 8.3 million units worldwide. In April 2023, Sega confirmed that the remastered release of Persona 5 Royal had surpassed 1.7 million copies sold.

Skifi28

I would have expected the PC version of 5 alone to sell half a million. I guess the series is far more niche than I imagined.

Edit: ok, I remembered the release of the remastered versions wrong.

Last edited:

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
I would have expected the PC version of 5 alone to sell half a million. I guess the series is far more niche than I imagined.
Why would it be selling half a million in April - Jun of this year?

Evil Calvin

Afraid of Boobs
Why would it be selling half a million in April - Jun of this year?
....and why would they even need to announce this? I hate when publishers put out a release like this, just to pat themselves on the back. Seems like a cheap marketing ploy to get the series in the public eye before a sale.

....and why would they even need to announce this? I hate when publishers put out a release like this, just to pat themselves on the back. Seems like a cheap marketing ploy to get the series in the public eye before a sale.
It's not cheap. It's just smart marketing.

If anything is cheap, it's when companies start refusing to reveal sales numbers when they are low.

I've always appreciated Nintendo for this. Whether it's the Wii U or the Switch, they won't hide their numbers or try to spin them to look like something they aren't.

Last edited:
Is that really what happened here? As far as I can tell all Sega did was release a quarterly financial report, which they're required to do by law. It's not their fault some dude went over the numbers and decided to turn them into an article.

Top Bottom