• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT| Lupin The Fifth. Label spoilers properly! (see post #4621)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stop telling me to make bounquet lady! I'm not here to work! I'm here to max out my kindness!

I'm fine with getting two points per visit but I hate getting just 1 when I mess up a bouquet.

Qurupeke

Yeah, try the one on Gamefaqs.com
It's far from being optimized, yet still mages to finish all Confidants, books, and video games during a first playthrough. With a little bit of optimization you can probably also get the fishing trophy.

Use this guide plus the Fortune rank 7 ability and you will have even more free time left.

Nice, thanks.

MSMrRound

I'm doing my second flower job and I'm supposed to pick out 3 flowers for a bonquet.

So far I picked
Scarlet Rose and Gold Gebera.
any idea which other flower I should pick for the 3rd one for max kindness points? Thanks.

Underground Mall. You can also check the map to see who is available.

Blue tarot card on the map means a confidant is available. You can also press square to see if it's about to rank up or not.

Where in the Mall? Because she's never listed there either and I can't see her. The Thieves Guild even says people hung out with her the day I'm checking...

Sayad

Yeah, try the one on Gamefaqs.com
It's far from being optimized, yet still mages to finish all Confidants, books, and video games during a first playthrough. With a little bit of optimization you can probably also get the fishing trophy.

Use this guide plus the Fortune rank 7 ability and you will have even more free time left.
What get carried to NG+?

silva1991

Sigh. The cost for making personas with higher level is alot. thankfully I have over a million yen.

Stop telling me to make bounquet lady! I'm not here to work! I'm here to max out my kindness!

I'm fine with getting two points per visit but I hate getting just 1 when I mess up a bouquet.

lol.

boy oh boy..
After persona 4//golden and 3//fes i doubted that I could get so much into another persona game.. I thought atlus couldn't top atlus..
but after just 4 hours in persona 5 i'm TOTALLY hooked once again...
the introductory arc for
kamoshida
is just straight up up there! Gameplay has just seen some minor revision (heck, the game's core is so good, why change something that works perfectly), but story wise they seemed to go even further :)

unless they drop the ball midway, this is gonna be fantastic *_*
If only I didn't have to go abroad 4 days for work next week.. smh.......

Vertti

I bought some items in 6th palace and now my
coin count is under 10k. How do I get it over 10k again?

I've really liked this palace but if I have to do what I think it sours me quite a bit.

nOoblet16

Maybe I've missed something but I have
9600 coins after buying everything
That's strange because I bought everything and still had 10,200. You must have wasted it somewhere.

Go play the slot machines which will take some time, or just redo the whole section again because the slot machines barely every rewards you anything and most of the time you just get back what you bet.

If you do play again, don't buy anything at all until a certain point in the game when you will know for yourself because you will end up with more than enough coins for everything. So I'd recommend going through the objectives first and not worry about buying stuff because if you follow the objectives you'll will automatically know when is the right time to buy stuff.

Danj

SP seems to be the limiting factor in how far I can manage to get in to a Palace in one session. I know you can buy SP regen accessories at the doctor, but they only seem to regen SP once per turn in battle. Some vending machines have drinks that will restore a tiny amount of SP, but is there anything better?

Jintor

SP seems to be the limiting factor in how far I can manage to get in to a Palace in one session. I know you can buy SP regen accessories at the doctor, but they only seem to regen SP once per turn in battle. Some vending machines have drinks that will restore a tiny amount of SP, but is there anything better?

coffee and curry (and later veggies) is about it really.

nOoblet16

Regaining 7SP per turn is enough to finish the entire palace. If you are still running out then you are wasting SP by doing heavy stuff where it's unnecessary. You can also keep a Persona with Invigorate and make it your default persona so that as soon as you start a fight you will gain SP from that persona+the accessory (max being 14 per turn).

The way you are suppose to use the SP accessory to recover is to not finish the fights immediately but rather guard a few turns to recover and then kill the enemies...Preferably using physicals, technicals and all out attack.

nOoblet16

The best party composition is MC, Morgana, Makoto and Haru. As much as I liked Yusuke, Haru is more useful and hits hard too.
Having Morgana and Makoto both at the same time is redundant. Makoto is better since she gets full party defense buff. Swap Morgana out for Ryuji, his Charged God's Hand is just too good and you can stack it up with 2x attack boost. Thing would do 2000+ damage on even final boss if you decrease the boss defense as well.

Yusuke lacks utility as his evasion accuracy buff isn't that useful really, while Ryuji has better damage plus the team attack buff.

Others have given the strategies for sp recovery, but in general outside of the first palace you should have plenty of sp to get as far as possible in a dungeon on a single day and likely left over sp to do some grinding for more exp/money (assuming you're not on hard).

Tried to hang out with Ann, tried giving 2 gifts with 2 different results:

Sakura Fan, the result "might touch her heart a little".
Chocolate Truffles, the result "really touched her heart"

... But both gave 3 notes, so there's no effect difference?

10/30
Is there any way to upgrade Yusuke, Ann and Ryuji social links faster,
I start to run short of time...

Also Palace 6 music is amazing

Chaos17

Sojiro will teach you how to make Sp item and doctor will sell you Sp regeneration accessories. Be sure to lvl up their S-link.

To be honest, party composition is quite interesting in this game since everyone can be useful in some way. Ryuji hits really hard and has an excellent buff ability, Ann hits hard too, Morgana has great magic and great healing abilities, Makoto is versatile, Yusuke is a much more balanced Ryuji and the last members are great too.

Unlike P3 or P4 I don't see anyone that would be utterly outclassed or useless.

Personally it's Yusuke, Makoto and
Akechi

Vertti

I'm getting really pissed to palace 6. I can't believe how Atlus didn't notice such a vital thing. I have grinded over hour for these stupid
coins.

I'm finding it extremely difficult getting into Persona 5 after just beating BotW last night... mind you I'm only 20 minutes in but I hope Zelda hasn't ruined gaming for me...

I'm getting really pissed to palace 6. I can't believe how Atlus didn't notice such a vital thing. I have grinded over hour for these stupid
coins.

Oh.. thats one way of doing it.

I didn't even know you can actually grind for the coins. I solved the dungeon and cheated my way to the coins I needed.

Ydelnae

Chihaya is a scammer. The fortune reading bonus is minuscule and the affinity reading doesn't seem to actually make a difference.

I've spent more than 20.000¥ on her. The true villain of the Persona franchise.

Palace 5 really wasn't nearly as bad as people seemed to make it to be, not my favorite palace by any means but going off some of the comments here I was expecting much worse.

Vertti

Oh.. thats one way of doing it.

I didn't even know you can actually grind for the coins. I solved the dungeon and cheated my way to the coins I needed.

But how did you do that? There must be another way than play those stupid
slot machines or dice game.

Mendrox

coins.

???

You only have to play one game of dices and then never something again with the normal story run.

But how did you do that? There must be another way than play those stupid
slot machines or dice game.

Get to the big slot where you have to bet 5000 coins for 50.000. You have to deactivate the cheat beforehand and then just play. It's the normal story run. If you don't have 5000 coins after the dices room (where you have to manipulate the game too.
Akechi will give you 3000 more after leaving the dice area

Ydelnae

Palace 5 really wasn't nearly as bad as people seemed to make it to be, not my favorite palace by any means but going off some of the comments here I was expecting much worse.

It's Persona 5's Chapter 13. I didn't have any problem with it and I actually wanted the last puzzle to be a bit longer.

SephiZack

I made a guide on an infinite auto-farming method

It requires having at least reached the 5th palace, so there are a few spoilers about that point
https://youtu.be/oAKXLzCsg6k?list=PLv28sBtafuHNDp5d2V7W-Yr3h5ZwoXGj6

TL;DW

To do this automatic farming method, you need to be at least at the 5th Palace, so there will be spoilers

First, you need a Persona with Physical Repel. Arahabaki (35 / Hermit) is perfect because you find it in the palace. If you’re in NG+ and have stronger ones, feel free to use those. (You can also use a Nul Phys Persona if it has high strength)

Second, quick travel to Shibuya Underground Mall and buy a Hunger Charm from the Jewelry Store (costs 80k)

When you’re ready, DISABLE network functions (if it’s on and the enemy panics, the game will stop to ask you if you want to use network help). Change difficulty to “Easy” to make your life easier, remove every ally from the party and make sure your melee weapon DOES NOT HAVE a status effect. (E.g. if you rage enemy, they will stop calling for reinforcement)

In the 5th palace, look for Black Ooze enemy (can also be found in 1st floor of Memento area that unlocks after you finish this palace). The enemy should be easily found in the first few rooms of the palace.

As soon as the battle starts, enter “Rush Mode” (OPTION on PS4, Start on PS3)

Enemies will either attack, try to apply hunger or summon other enemies if there are less than 3

Black Oozes resist physical, but it’s ok because if you killed them too quickly you wouldn’t give them time to summon other enemies

They don’t give huge amounts of EXP (around 100 per enemy), but you can leave the game to autofarm while you’re sleeping, working or doing whatever (right now, as I am recording and editing the video, I’m leaving the game on to farm. It’s been running for almost 2 hours)

When you want to play the game, just kill the enemies or run away.

Vertti

???

You only have to play one game of dices and then never something again with the normal story run.

Get to the big slot where you have to bet 5000 coins for 50.000. You have to deactivate the cheat beforehand and then just play. It's the normal story run. If you don't have 5000 coins after the dices room (where you have to manipulate the game too.
Akechi will give you 3000 more after leaving the dice area

After buying all items my coin count is 9600 for some reason and not 10200 like it should be making getting through impossible.

ch4fx_

Any tips/things I should know before jumping into my first Persona game? I've been told to "not stress & don't try to do everything all at once", but past that I'm totally clueless.

Mendrox

I made a guide on an infinite auto-farming method

It requires having at least reached the 5th palace, so there are a few spoilers about that point
https://youtu.be/oAKXLzCsg6k?list=PLv28sBtafuHNDp5d2V7W-Yr3h5ZwoXGj6

TL;DW

To do this automatic farming method, you need to be at least at the 5th Palace, so there will be spoilers

First, you need a Persona with Physical Repel. Arahabaki (35 / Hermit) is perfect because you find it in the palace. If you’re in NG+ and have stronger ones, feel free to use those. (You can also use a Nul Phys Persona if it has high strength)

Second, quick travel to Shibuya Underground Mall and buy a Hunger Charm from the Jewelry Store (costs 80k)

When you’re ready, DISABLE network functions (if it’s on and the enemy panics, the game will stop to ask you if you want to use network help). Change difficulty to “Easy” to make your life easier, remove every ally from the party and make sure your melee weapon DOES NOT HAVE a status effect. (E.g. if you rage enemy, they will stop calling for reinforcement)

In the 5th palace, look for Black Ooze enemy (can also be found in 1st floor of Memento area that unlocks after you finish this palace). The enemy should be easily found in the first few rooms of the palace.

As soon as the battle starts, enter “Rush Mode” (OPTION on PS4, Start on PS3)

Enemies will either attack, try to apply hunger or summon other enemies if there are less than 3

Black Oozes resist physical, but it’s ok because if you killed them too quickly you wouldn’t give them time to summon other enemies

They don’t give huge amounts of EXP (around 100 per enemy), but you can leave the game to autofarm while you’re sleeping, working or doing whatever (right now, as I am recording and editing the video, I’m leaving the game on to farm. It’s been running for almost 2 hours)

When you want to play the game, just kill the enemies or run away.

I have an easier solution that only takes about a hour to get to max level from the starting point (No plot spoilers, you have to be in November):

When it's flu season get to Mementos. Wait on a floor for 5 minutes.
Fight the Reaper. When he has despair on him cause of the flu season, then just guard 3 turns and after that get massive XP. Repeat for cheap grinding.

Mendrox

After buying all items my coin count is 9600 for some reason and not 10200 like it should be making getting through impossible.

But why? Did you do the slots already for the 50.000? You need 5000 coins for that. Not 10.000. The 10.000 are for the 100.000 battle arena in the next area where you also get 10.000 for playing another game.

For games like this I wish I could save whenever. It sucked in ff it sucks here. Palace 5 was already getting on my nerves now I gotta find
those stupid ID cards all over again

Mendrox

For games like this I wish I could save whenever. It sucked in ff it sucks here. Palace 5 was already getting on my nerves now I gotta find
those stupid ID cards all over again

You don't even
have to find them cause they are handed to you for the coins which are obviously easy to get imo. It's just taking down room after room and following the story for the coins. It's no different from all the other Palaces in that you have to just clear every room up. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom