• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Perfect Dark XBLA | The Official Thread

Lothars

I can't wait for this, day one it's still my favorite N64 game and it's still one of the best multiplayer games released.

Dizzy-4U

I really really hope that there will be a system link option in there. I have my money ready for a second xbox if that's the case.

soqquatto

price-is-right.jpg

(it's totally the GTA font!)

Oh FUCK yeah.

I was waiting for somebody to make this thread.

BTW, kinda off topic, but I was reading on the Jet Force Gemini wikipedia entry that the studio that is making this PD XBLA remake, ALSO has the rights to Jet Force Gemini. On the Wiki it also says on the side panel that the studio is responsible for XBLA remake? On the 4J studios wiki it says Jet Force Gemini (TBA).

Anybody heard of this? If so omg buttsecks.

I'm so glad meatsims are back. I hope they didnt do anything to the sim AI because some of them did some awkward shit that made me and my buddies laugh so hard.

Lionheart1827 said:
I'm so glad meatsims are back. I hope they didnt do anything to the sim AI because some of them did some awkward shit that made me and my buddies laugh so hard.
Even though they had to port over the old code I think they tried to leave as much intact as possible, even glitches. So you're probably OK.

Neuromancer said:
Even though they had to port over the old code I think they tried to leave as much intact as possible, even glitches. So you're probably OK.

:lol

Theres a level where if you stand in a certain corner below a ledge, and you use a normal sim ONLY against you, if he comes at you from that ledge he will jump off and do a ninja spin and shoot you in mid air. :lol We used to play "license to kill" style(one hit kills) and pistols only.

Theres also another level on a skedar type level where meatsims will just get stuck on a half wall next to a hole in the ceiling. We used to call them bartenders and to this day even in MW2 if we see somebody camping behind a barricade and you can barely see their head, we call em bartenders. :lol

My friend and I are definitely going to test this out when it comes out.

Also the Dark and Perfect sims are fucking scary as hell on a level like temple. They just pop out sideways from corners and own you and run away before you even see them.

Cant wait!

Dizzy-4U

Neuromancer said:
I wonder if the level 1 glitch where you can skip the entire level is still there...

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
I look forward to the community contributing some crazy new scenarios for the combat simulator! In the style of these:

http://pdc.yuku.com/topic/550/t/The-RossDude-Perfect-Dark-Scenarios-Collection.html

Insidious Takeover *****

You are a guard for a chemical testing facility. You have received word that one chemical, being shipped in later tonight, is highly dangerous, and being exposed to it for just a few minutes would kill you. So they have put you on guard, with a few other guards, to make sure that the shipments make it through to the facility safely. Little do you know how valuable the chemical is
That night, while youre at your post, you hear noise coming from down the hallway. You walk down the hall to check it out. Hello? you call out, but no one answers.
All of a sudden, you see someone in the loft above you! A bullet flies by your head, barely missing you! Just then another bullet flies by your left arm from behind you, barely missing you again! You aim up and shoot the man above you, then roll to your right behind a wall. You turn on your intercom and request backup from the other guards, saying that terrorists have broken in and are most likely after the chemical. They reply saying they are on their way.
As you pop a new clip into your gun, you ready yourself for a tense battle

Players: 1
Scenario: Combat
Options: One-Hit Kills, Display Team, No Auto-Aim, No Player Highlight, No Pickup Highlight
Arena: Pipes
Weapons:
1. Falcon 2 (silencer)
2. CMP150
3. Falcon 2 (scope)
4. MagSec 4
5. CMP150
6. Sniper Rifle
Limits: Team Score: 40
Simulants:
1. NormalSim (CI Soldier with any head)
2. Easy-CowardSim (CI Soldier with any head)
3. Hard-JudgeSim (CI Soldier with any head)
4. Hard-PreySim (dD Shocktrooper)
5. Normal-KazeSim (dD Shocktrooper)
6. NormalSim (dD Shocktrooper)
7-8. Blank
Teams: Player 1 and simulants 1-3 vs. simulants 4-6
Player Costume: CI Soldier with any head
Soundtrack: A51 Escape X

Can't wait! :D

I got excited seeing the thread up thinking the game was this week. Oh well, another week to decide what to delete off of my hard drive.
Braid probably.

Soon my second favorite game of all time will be out. Hope I enjoy replaying it better than Banjo. That game lost all it's "feeling" for me moving from an N64 to the 360. Hopefully since this is an fps it ports better.

donny2112 said:
Spoilers in the OP. :(
Dr. Caroll's true nature

Otherwise, great thread! :D

Is there anyone who hasn't played the game that's buying it on launch?

Sadly that's probably true though. :lol

TheCardPlayer

Likes to have "friends" around to "play cards" with
PD is the single most content packed game, on the N64. And how in the hell, can this look better than PDZ? It's a downloable game and it's still prettier! :lol

Day 1. Perfect Dark is forever!

Fun Factor

Formerly FTWer
TheCardPlayer said:
PD is the single most content packed game, on the N64. And how in the hell, can this look better than PDZ? It's a downloable game and it's still prettier! :lol

Day 1. Perfect Dark is forever!

Let's not go crazy:
x05-perfect-dark-zero-screens-20051003091539252_640w.jpg

1132396419.jpg

1128710561.jpg

You know what's awesome? This will be my first time playing through Perfect Dark. I remember playing through a little bit of the first level when I was younger, but that's about it. This is gonna be sooooo good.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Man, I wanted this game so fucking much, I imported it to Israel from the US for like $150.
I remember sitting down with a friend the day it arrived and entertaining ourselves by shooting out the lights in the first level. Good times.

Still probably my favorite console-exclusive FPS.

Can't wait for this! LOVED PD on the N64.

Hell, I spent $100 on that game new. $70 for the game and $30 for the semi-worthless expansion pack.

PROXIMITY MINES FOR EVERYONE!!!!!

Although the old-school console FPS controls will take some time to get used to, I'm definitely grabbing this on day 1. The reasonable 800 MS points price doesn't hurt either.

Dan Yo

Banned
FTWer said:
Let's not go crazy:
Seriously. PDZ 5 years later still has better textures than any game out there. It still blows my mind that no game has surpassed it since. Considering it was a launch title I suppose I just figured every game coming out from then on would have textures at least as detailed as PDZ had.

Barakov

Very much looking forward to this. The way this game plays will take some getting used to, I think.

Double D

Never played PD. Was 100% psyched about this until it was mentioned on the bombcast that they wouldn't be updating the controls. My psych meter then dropped to roughly 30%. Are the controls as archaic as they made it out to be?

Dan Yo

Banned
Vik_Vaughn said:
Never played PD. Was 100% psyched about this until it was mentioned on the bombcast that they wouldn't be updating the controls. My psych meter then dropped to roughly 30%. Are the controls as archaic as they made it out to be?
The original had the option to switch to a control model that is basically the same as dual stick shooters (C buttons controlling your movement and strafing) and that was the control model I used. Would be pretty weird if they only allowed the option to play with the default control model, which would mean pretty much never looking up or down while relying solely on auto-aim.

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
These are pics of 3 control schemes that were leaked back in December for those who may not have seen them..

24omss5.jpg

243reqb.jpg

14iingy.jpg

Top Bottom