• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PC Requirements and Release Times for Alan Wake II Revealed

Astray

Gold Member
Any word on if this will have DLSS frame generation?
The way the recommended specs go from a 3070 for 1080p to 4070 (instead of a 3080) for 4k makes me think that that resolution might actually require it.

Reactions: GHG

OverHeat

« generous god »
I got a 3440x1440p oled and it it’s a pure beauty get fuck with that 120hz that you cannot even hit at 4K your are really a casual gamer…I got 65inch CX and do not even play on it because I love maxing out my games and still have decent fps that way I have a 4090

Last edited:

Buggy Loop

Unfortunately, the steepest requirement of all is Epic Games Store.

Get in the van!

3482se5hi3151.jpg

d97.jpg

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
I got a 3440x1440p oled and it it’s a pure beauty get fuck with that 120hz that you cannot even hit at 4K your are really a casual gamer…
Dude I am hitting close to 120fps 4k on a 3080 in most games with DLSS.
Let alone 4090....
1440p looks like shit compared to 4k.

OverHeat

« generous god »
Dude I am hitting close to 120fps 4k on a 3080 in most games with DLSS.
Let alone 4090....
1440p looks like shit compared to 4k.
What resolution do you think your playing with DLSS ?

Quality - 66.6% (2/3) per axis, 45% resolution.

Balanced - 58% per axis, 33% resolution

Performance - 50% per axis, 25% resolution.

Ultra Performance - 33% (1/3) per axis, 11% resolution.

Last edited:

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
What resolution do you think your playing with DLSS ?
You realize 4k with balnce dlss (that's 1440p internal) looks way better than native 1440p?
In fact it looks better than 4k native with dlss quality. And you get 4k UI elements.

There is absolutely 0 drawbacks to owning 4k tv/monitor. You can play any resolution you want on it.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
You realize 4k with balnce dlss (that's 1440p internal) looks way better than native 1440p?
In fact it looks better than 4k native with dlss quality. And you get 4k UI elements.

There is absolutely 0 drawbacks to owning 4k tv/monitor. You can play any resolution you want on it.
minor correction:
4k dlss balanced is 1296p internal. 4d dlss quality is 1440p internal. 4k dlss performance is 1080p internal.

Umm, am I misunderstanding something?

Last edited:

TrebleShot

Not only are the specs insane I can almost guarantee you , I’d pay you good money that it will stutter like hell and have terrible performance.

I’ll get it on PS5 and then on pc if it ever comes to steam.

My mistake.

no you are not. I honestly think 4k with DLSS quality (and sometimes balanced) looks better than native 4k in some games.

I can see quality for sure. Balanced? ehrm... Although, I play at 1440p most of the time. Even on my 4k tv, I don't see it. Although, the eye of the beholder(beerholder) and all that. Even at 4k, I think balanced looks meh.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
PC masters can tell me if I'll can play it reasonably well (1080p/medium or low at 30fps) with a GTX 1080?
Fuck no. Get rid of that piece of shit excuse for a GPU.

It's called PC MASTER Race, not PC shitty Race.

I'm giving you a hard time, but I don't expect you will have a good experience with a 1080. Luckily there are good upgrades that can be had such as the 6700XT that are affordable.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
We are about to see duality.
This game will be praised for it's high requirements.
Immortals was bashed for it's high requirements! interesting.

We'll have to see how the game looks and runs. If it looks/runs like shit, It'll get the criticism it deserves.

Last edited:

clarky

Gold Member
Immortals ran like crap though.

Let see how this fairs. UE5 also right?

Last edited:

clarky

Gold Member
You'll be waiting until old age most likely. It's being published by Epic themselves.
Already at old age my friend, so that's me fucked.

Edit: Pubs like money it will turn up at some point before death. Hopefully.

Last edited:
What's up with the boomers religiously 1080ing in here?
It's not 2006 anymore, wake up lol. Do You play on 23" screens ?
1080p 144hz 27" monitor on a 3060ti. Its more than enough. I can max out everything (well asides from this apparently.) Call me. A boomer all you want. I'm Gen x, but id rather be a boomer than se of the pansy ass Gen z we see on reddit and reee.

Also TV is 1080p too. Got it in 2012 and it has more inputs than any modern 4k display. When you play retro consoles I'd rather have the component options and 4 hdmi ports. Also don't like getting rid of things that work perfectly fine.

Already at old age my friend, so that's me fucked.

Edit: Pubs like money it will turn up at some point before death. Hopefully.

I get where you're coming from, and understand what Steam offers as a platform and it's suite of options for the customer over the Epic Games Store, but this game is a part of the 2-game deal that Remedy signed with Epic Games, back in 2020, to be fully funded (not some timed exclusive agreement/moneyhat) and published by Epic Games on Consoles and PC (on EGS).

The first of which, was Alan Wake Remastered, came out exactly 2 years ago (as of writing this post, on October 21ST, 2021) and still hasn't shown any sign of being released on Steam, as of yet. That should tell you something, about what commitment Epic are showing towards this.

They're not looking for sales on PC. They rely on console for unit sales, and push their storefront on PC, by offsetting those numbers on consoles.

hinch7

My 4070Ti going in for a rough time lol. Hopefully should be able to do 1440P DLSS balanced with PT enabled.

clarky

Gold Member
I get where you're coming from, and understand what Steam offers as a platform and it's suite of options for the customer over the Epic Games Store, but this game is a part of the 2-game deal that Remedy signed with Epic Games, back in 2020, to be fully funded (not some timed exclusive agreement/moneyhat) and published by Epic Games on Consoles and PC (on EGS).

The first of which, was Alan Wake Remastered, came out exactly 2 years ago (as of writing this post, on October 21ST, 2021) and still hasn't shown any sign of being released on Steam, as of yet. That should tell you something, about what commitment Epic are showing towards this.

They're not looking for sales on PC. They rely on console for unit sales, and push their storefront on PC, by offsetting those numbers on consoles.
Yeah its just a bummer I have a few games on that storefront and they just never get booted up.

I just like having everything in one place, that place also happens to be head and shoulders above the competition. i'll probably buckle if it turns out really good.

Top Bottom