• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PC GAMING SHOW 2023

Vlodril

Yep, same. Come close to buying it a few times but I've always backed out. It's basically a walking simulator, but you're a futuristic cab driver.

Yea there isn't much of gameplay apart from going from point a to point b but the atmosphere is great and it has a decent storyline with pretty good characters to meet throughout.

Reactions: GHG

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
Tired Good Night GIF

T-Cake

Whatever happened to Thekla/Jonathan Blow? He's been MIA since The Witness donkey's years ago. The remastered game that he first did (name escapes me) hasn't even been released yet.

EDIT: Braid.

Last edited:

nikos

Downloading that Park Beyond beta now. Don't really play these types of games but I loved RCT back in the day. Hope it's good.

Denton

There are some really awesome looking games shown but I am really not fan of this format, Xbox has the right idea

Sybrix

Wtf was that Hell Let Loose trailer?!

Floating arms, ‘gameplay’ that wasn’t or near to how the game plays, running with an M1 garand mag poking out…..

Embarrassing

PC Gaming Show Rating: A

It's almost unfair since this was longer than other conferences, yet it's so easy to mess up a longer conference. They didn't. The ending was a bit rocky with a Dune Awakening dev video, but they did the smart thing and paced the rest of the show so that there were less and less skits over time and more content shown...so much content that it was nearly overloaded with games. The only thing that would have made this an A+ is if they had locked down one or two exclusive AAA reveals or showcased more PC indie Japanese studios(they're out there but don't really get a spotlight at all), however this was definitely one of the best PC Gaming Showcases since they've first started not so many years ago.

To keep in mind, this is a conference/showcase where they are not a first party publisher. Therefore, the expectation for me isn't bombastic first party games, AAA games, and AA games, it's just fun video games. SGF and Future Games Show technically falls under the same category. However, the PC gaming show has still outpaced the competition.

Standout games to me(with side notes):

Kill it with Fire 2
Black Skylands
Nivalis
Ebenezer and the Invisible World
Warhaven
Saleblazers
Islands of Insight
Lords of the Fallen gameplay
Naheulbeuk's Dungeon Master
Mariachi Legends
Realms of Ruin
Hidden Door(Party DnD-like game for hanging out with friends)
Miasma Chronicles
Altered ALma
Invector Rhythm Galaxy
The Invincible (Space Narrative Game)
Pathfinder Gallowspire
Diesel Legacy
Parcel Corps(Aggressive Inline + Deliver Packages = Fun)
Shadow Gambit The Cursed Crew
Stormgate gameplay
Fortuno's Run
Mullet Madjack
Ember Knights
Terratech Worlds
Macabre: Stealth Extraction Horror(Can easily get this wrong, hope for the best)
Last Train Home
My Friendly Neighborhood(Finally a Five Nights at Freddy-style game that's more engaging in gameplay)
Bloomtown
Dune Awakening Alpha Footage(Cautiously Optimistic but it looks good so far)

Also as a last note, I didn't mind the skits and banter. I enjoyed it for what it was. It reminded me of G4's early years when they had odd and quirky shows like 'Portal' and it had that kind of fun and humor to it. I also enjoyed the behind the scenes during the credits as it brought a smile to my face. Great show.

Top Bottom