• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

|OT| Panzer Dragoon Remake |OT| It's alive and it's panzer-ing

Fat Frog

Mar 21, 2019
Just had a quick go on PC, m&kb makes it an absolute breeze. I'm never touching the switch version again.

Hopefully we'll get the sequels now and ffs, no delays.

Are the textures enhanced or it's just a better resolution, framerate ?

Last edited:

Fat Frog

Mar 21, 2019
VSync issues on PC:
The game has been patched.

But to be honest, if you have a xbox don't be disapointed for the delay because you have Orta which is twice better, twice cheaper.

Last edited:
Reactions: Havoc2049

Tazzu

Neo Member
Jul 25, 2020
VSync issues on PC:
The game has been patched.

But to be honest, if you have a xbox don't be disapointed for the delay because you have Orta which is twice better, twice cheaper.
Thanks for reminding me about just how other wordly that game is. I haven't played Zwei or Saga, do they have the same feel?

Chastten

May 1, 2014
www.facebook.com
Holy shit, that Panzer Dragoon Orta footage is gorgeous. Still have the original disc lying around, just no Xbox One X :(

I did just get Remake for Switch using my free Nintendo bucks though. Curous how it holds up!

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Oct 13, 2008
Just had a quick go on PC, m&kb makes it an absolute breeze. I'm never touching the switch version again.

Hopefully we'll get the sequels now and ffs, no delays.

This looks amazing. Wow. Wasn't really sold on the visuals when the Switch version came out, but this is the real deal. Need to grab this one from GOG.

Komatsu

Oct 17, 2016
Between Chicago and NYC
The game plays just fine after patches. Looking forward to Zwei, which is really the golden boy of the franchise. For the XB1X owners, I also can't recommend the 4k-upscaled Panzer Dragoon Orta, which is part of Microsoft's BC program. First game I bought when I got my 1X lol

Chastten

May 1, 2014
www.facebook.com
Okay, so I just played and finished the game on Switch. Game plays fine, controls fine in classic mode and looks decent enough. I had only played Orta until now so I'm glad to have experienced the first game now.

Though I have to admit, while I can understand it was a very impressive game in the mid 90's, it isn't a particularly great game today. Orta truly is better in every single way. Better level design, much more variety. Looking forward to Zwei to see what that game brings to the table!