• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Panzer Dragoon Remake |OT| It's alive and it's panzer-ing

Fat Frog

I advertised for Google Stadia
60 minutes left.
1586694200287+%281%29.jpg

Probably a fan game. (the blurry text is matching the old 4chan rumour)

Fat Frog

I advertised for Google Stadia
Panzer Dragoon RPG fan game?
It's nothing but a (fan)game project.
Could be blocked by Sega in a few days like Streets of Rage Remake (and then authorized when official games are already on the market. Streets of Rage remake has been unlocked when after SOR4 was out for a moment...)

Last edited:

Miles708

Finally received my copy from Limited Run Games so I'm bumping the thread.

I've made it up to level 4 for now. The remake looks... somewhat competent, albeit some things make the game appear kinda stupid.
The stiff animations for example, some artistic choices (between enemy design and some new environmental elements) or some weird gameplay choices.
I know it's late and you people already played it, but PLEASE crank the crosshair sensitivity down to around 0.60. It took me 3 stages to understand why everything felt weird and wiggly.

All in all it's not that bad of a remake, and I'm sure the guys responsible did their best.
But I also think the heritage of this historic series has been tainted by this game, since it's basically a worse version in all the important areas.

Sega should do this kind of work internally.
I now wait for Panzer Dragoon Zwei with unlimited worry and resignation.

Last edited:

Saber

Gold Member
I picked recently too and got kinda dissapointed.
The area which you can evade shots is limited, perhaps trying to clone the original, and some enemy shots are pretty hard to notice because they mix in about everything(ambience, enemies, etc).
And the lighting effects when you shoot is nalseating, specially during that stage where you are inside an ancient ruin. Sometimes I don't even got a clear idea if I'm hitting the boss or not.

Man...I missed Orta so much.

Miles708

The area which you can evade shots is limited, perhaps trying to clone the original, and some enemy shots are pretty hard to notice because they mix in about everything(ambience, enemies, etc).

Oh yeah this. The new style has so much visual noise it's at times impossible to understand if there are enemies and if they're shooting at you.
The original is just so elegant in comparison.

Agent X

DEAL ALERT

The PlayStation 4 version of this game is currently on sale in the US PlayStation Store for $24.99 $2.49 (90% off)!

Top Bottom