• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Paid off my Xbox series X.

Saiyan-Rox

muttley-award.gif

Doczu

Inflation would like to have a word with you.
Not gonna lie, a few of my commodities i bought on a payment just before inflation went wild in Poland were 0% interest and i just see the savings making rounds. Things got around 30% more expensive, 0% payments are done for and i pay a miserable monthly fee. It aint always bad.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
The monthly-pay program is great for people who don't want to spend the console + bulk of GP price at the same time.

But, buying the console and then using 3 years Gold to convert to GPU ends up saving you a lot more money for the same timeframe by comparison.

Regardless. CONGRATULATIONS ! It's an amazing feeling to pay anything you owe off.

Good for you! If I had to buy a console today I'd go with the Series X.

And I admire your commitment to save $20 even if it takes 2 years lol.
Enjoy all those exclusives......like.......errrm.......well enjoy your xbox
It's not like PS5 is drowning in exclusives either.

I'm waiting for there to be more than 1 exclusive game on PS5 (which is a PS3 remake lol) that I want to play before I think about buying a PS5.

Inflation would like to have a word with you.
and interest rates... maybe?

I don't buy shit on finance or prepayment so I don't know how it works but i imagine OP is paying some kind of interest. if it's on a variable interest rate then it's not a good time to be buying shit on finance or through some kind of prepayment/loan.

Last edited:

GladiusFrog

Don't Sleep on Microsoft Flight Simulator.

Game is pretty amazing, Also emulation if your into that kind of thing.

I'm planning on getting my hands on one in a year or two, gotta get my PSVR2 and Wheel first and that stuff ain't cheap.

TheUsual

Gold Member
Did something similar with Xbox All Access from Best Buy a while back. Paid it off and have Game Pass Ultimate through April 2024.

Don't Sleep on Microsoft Flight Simulator.

Game is pretty amazing, Also emulation if your into that kind of thing.

I'm planning on getting my hands on one in a year or two, gotta get my PSVR2 and Wheel first and that stuff ain't cheap.
Flight Simulator is an absolute must if you have an Xbox/PC.

You don't need to know shit about flying and anyway on console playing with just a controller there is only so far you can go in terms of simulation. The game on PC can be full on simulation experience but if you wanna chill flying around then you can do that with a controller which is fucking awesome.

For a lot of people though it can be too slow and they won't do anything more than try find their house on the map lol. You can get a fighter jet now so you can get around a lot quicker now. The game is slow but I find it relaxing.

Cyberpunkd

I don't buy shit on finance or prepayment so I don't know how it works but i imagine OP is paying some kind of interest. if it's on a variable interest rate then it's not a good time to be buying shit on finance or through some kind of prepayment/loan.
He is not, almost all the consumer goods on instalments add to the same total price as paying all at once.

AJUMP23

Gold Member
Good for you! If I had to buy a console today I'd go with the Series X.

And I admire your commitment to save $20 even if it takes 2 years lol.

It's not like PS5 is drowning in exclusives either.

I'm waiting for there to be more than 1 exclusive game on PS5 (which is a PS3 remake lol) that I want to play before I think about buying a PS5.

and interest rates... maybe?

No interest. Just $35 a month for 2 years. It was a cool program so I did it. I am sure it dinged my credit to have the check run though.

No interest. Just $35 a month for 2 years. It was a cool program so I did it. I am sure it dinged my credit to have the check run though.
Quite the opposite, they want you to spend. If you paid on time this increased your credit score and on zero interest.

Reallink

You didn't save $20 OP, you overpaid by like $250. $500 console and 2x $50 Gold cards purchased outright would be $600 Vs. $840 on the payment plan.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
I did the Xbox $35 a month program for my series x. Not because I can’t afford to pay $500 but because I wanted to save $20 over 2 years. I have now saved $20 and have gamepass through 2025 and a series x.

celebrate with me.
Do you game on PC or just on the Xbox?

BlackTron

Congrats. I did the same deal, but I'm still paying through December. They sure made it easy to buy one, didn't they lol

Grildon Tundy

Gold Member
People saying this is a bad call because of inflation...$500 in 2023 doesn't go as far as in 2021. So if you can pay more of that $500 in 2023 dollars, you're actually "saving" money.

Anyway, I hate debt and would never do this. It takes all my willpower not to pay off my house early and to invest in the stock market with extra cash even though I know it's the rational decision. (Investing in the stock market gives a better return [~7% annually] vs paying off a ~3% interest rate mortgage.) I hate owing money to "The Man"--even more so when that man is Bill Gates.

Last edited:

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
I play some stuff on PC. I played age of empires 4, Diablo, and some others. I will get company of heroes 3 for the pc.

It is easier on console with the way my house is set up, but I tend to go play where the games I’m interested in are.
Just FYI--that deal is for Gamepass Ultimate, which includes PC. You can save some cash by just doing to the console version of GP. If you use it, then no loss.

Top Bottom