• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT| My Onlywatch Has Ended

Status
Not open for further replies.

B.O.O.M

It helps me when I'm playing Hanzo.

insert avatar quote here

Does anyone find Hanzo to be of any use in close quarter combat? I know as a 'sniper' character that's not the point with him but in case you fight another in a close quarter combat..then what? Any tips?

Demoskinos

He's real cool, but Widowmaker just shuts him down so hard. He really needs that shield buff from symmetra or armor pack from tor so your not terrified of moving in her territory.

Yeah, he's basically a free kill for her. Tracer at least has her blinks to make Widowmaker earn that kill Zen just plods along at a pretty average pace with a fairly wide hitbox and enough HP that a strong wind could take him out.

TheBowen

Sat alone in a boggy marsh
Got another legendary today. Fucking bastion

My two legendarys are bastion and soldier 76. My two least played heroes ( have never played either)

Fuck my life

rdytoroll

Guys complaining about randoms, just play with Gaffers. Had some great games today, all have been fun. There are no situations where people stubbornly stay with their first pick if it doesn't work with the team

Got a second legendary skin from a loot box... duplicate of the first one I got (Junkrat - Fool).

-_-

That's impressive. How much do you get for a duplicate of a legendary skin?

Edit: Does anyone know if damage boosting as Mercy boosts ultimates and DOT things like Widowmaker's mine?

insert avatar quote here

Does anyone find Hanzo to be of any use in close quarter combat? I know as a 'sniper' character that's not the point with him but in case you fight another in a close quarter combat..then what? Any tips?

Shoot a scattershot at their feet if they get close to you. It one-shots some characters.

DrArchon

So whats the best way to attack point B in Temple of Anubis? Every time I'm on the attacking team we pretty easily get to point A and take it, but then we get completely shut down going after B, usually because of some combination of Hanzo/Widowmaker and Bastion/Torbjorn. I've tried leading charges as Reinhardt, but that doesn't work in pub games where 9 times out of 10 my teammates are too scared to follow me into the fray.

nOoblet16

insert avatar quote here

Hanzo is effective medium and sometimes close range (depending on who he is going up against)...the fact that his arrows are so generous and the low tick rate while doing high damage makes it very hard for me to approach Hanzo.

I see a lot of people just rapidly firing arrows if the enemy is low on health, otherwise charge it up slightly and then shoot.

rdytoroll

So whats the best way to attack point B in Temple of Anubis? Every time I'm on the attacking team we pretty easily get to point A and take it, but then we get completely shut down going after B, usually because of some combination of Hanzo/Widowmaker and Bastion/Torbjorn. I've tried leading charges as Reinhardt, but that doesn't work in pub games where 9 times out of 10 my teammates are too scared to follow me into the fray.

Always flank them, this is best done from the left side. As Reinhardt you can get a nice charge and ult in when you come from the left. Never try to go through the front unless you somehow can close the gap while in the air. Also try to just spam their position with Junkrat nades without them being able to get to you when they just camp

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Just found out I have Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday off work

Q7v9XGimCd5WE.gif

DrArchon

Always flank them, this is best done from the left side. As Reinhardt you can get a nice charge and ult in when you come from the left. Never try to go through the front unless you somehow can close the gap while in the air. Also try to just spam their position with Junkrat without them being able to get to you when they just camp

I gotta remember you can go really far on the left side. Thanks for the tip. I almost never see that map so I'm not really used to it just yet. I love Junkrat so I'll try him out as well.

Last match I charged in with Reinhardt and stunned 5 guys with my ult, but the rest of my team was sitting back and sniping (one of them was Reaper) so we never got in.

MGrant

I think it's funny that getting more deaths than average gives you a green stat in the after-game report. Like, "Good job. You're getting better at dying!"

darklin0

Banned
I pretty much carried three matches in a row as Zyra and eventually they decided to counter with two Zyras. xD

I hope no one ever figures out how to counter her lol.

Two Words

I wish levels were associated to characters. It would make tracking experience easier and be a more honest representation of team composition.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
You know a game is good when it causes you physical harm. My upper back / neck area is killing me today ;_;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom