• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT| My Onlywatch Has Ended

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am just terrible at this game, but I've been able to annoy some people with this lv. 10 free loot box at least.

box.png
You're the worst ;_;

MartyStu

There is zero reason to avoid Mei as Genji. Just don't use your Dash offensively. Hold it until she's freezing you and escape and then pelt away at her with your primary. If she has better aim than you do then just run away. If you play dumb then yeah, Mei kills you but Genji has all the tools to pick Mei apart from range.

Fair enough.

The way they handle lag in this game drives me up the wall. The rubber banding not only feels like you're struggling to break through the game itself, but it has also visually tricked me into situations where I thought I reloaded or triggered my ult.

It does unintentionally make some funny moments though. I tried to use McCrees ult and he started chanting "It's High Noon" a few times because the game was stuttering. Then the ult failed and I was left with nothing but hate.

The best way to detect if your team is shit is if you have to use the pistol as Mercy.

Pistol is actually not that bad. And if you're alone with a Reinhardt, who lacks range, the pistol might be better than damage boosting him. It's situationally very useful like that. Even just taking out a turret when your team lacks a good mid range dpser in the moment you need to. I've seen bad mercys not understand how to use her entire toolset effectively in her role.

Uthred

Apart from crazy stuff like Seagull's Genji video the game feels boring to watch played, hopefully they introduce a free floating spectator camera so you can look at areas of the stage.

How do you guys go back to other FPSs after playing Overwatch? Trying to go back to CSGO after this game and My aim is all fucked for about 2 hours before my brain registers how to play properly. Game is so different than other FPSs in terms of movement and aiming, that I find it hard to stay proficient at other games while playing this one.

How do you guys go back to other FPSs after playing Overwatch? Trying to go back to CSGO after this game and My aim is all fucked for about 2 hours before my brain registers how to play properly. Game is so different than other FPSs in terms of movement and aiming, that I find it hard to stay proficient at other games while playing this one.

Other FPSes no longer exist. There is only Overwatch now.

MartyStu

This is my first online FPS. I was hoping it I was learning how to aim for when I play others...

Guess not.

Probably being a big dumb idiot but isn't it kind of a xenophobic choice to make the enemy team speak in a foreign language. Sure it's good design, but it's just a weird choice to me for English speaking players. I think Bad Company 2 let you play as one side or the other and you just got the hang of learning the foreign words as time went on. I guess that's not really possible with a more diverse team of enemies.
33 hours of play, my index finger is hurting ...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EiRC80FJbHU thank dr levin

also install work rave and take a break your health is important.

Uiki

There's a ton of input lag on ow. I find harder to switch from csgo (i play at 1.2@400) to ow with a higher sens.

Tried everything, turns out that there's nothing you can do to remove the latency.

Wanderer5

Ugh, need payload to be freaking pushed, and I just see a widowmaker and a bastion just hanging back while two pharah are flying around.

Probably being a big dumb idiot but isn't it kind of a xenophobic choice to make the enemy team speak in a foreign language. Sure it's good design, but it's just a weird choice to me for English speaking players. I think Bad Company 2 let you play as one side or the other and you just got the hang of learning the foreign words as time went on. I guess that's not really possible with a more diverse team of enemies.

It's just so you can distinguish between an enemy or friendly ult mostly.

Pistol is actually not that bad. And if you're alone with a Reinhardt, who lacks range, the pistol might be better than damage boosting him. It's situationally very useful like that. Even just taking out a turret when your team lacks a good mid range dpser in the moment you need to. I've seen bad mercys not understand how to use her entire toolset effectively in her role.

I'm not saying that the pistol is bad (actually is very good), just it's not Mercy's role to defend herself from enemies. If i'm healing my team mates i expect them to prioritize attacking whoever is trying to kill the person is saving their asses over any other menace.

Its so as soon as you hear an ultimate, you know if you are in danger or your team mate is doing something usefull.

Speely

Banned
Best times and places for her ult in order to increase chances of a high multikill are: place it on top of the payload when the payload is about to reach a checkpoint, boost it into a contested objective when the match is about to end, and in high-traffic corners/doorways to get people on both sides.

Additionally, if you have a Widow or Hanzo on a team with infra up, you can boost it toward a corner that a main push is coming for and about to come around. Sometimes I can time it so that by the time they notice the sound it's too late to find cover. Just gotta get back quickly to avoid any lurking Widows.

Pretty sure this doesn't apply if you play the game in another language like French or Japanese.

I play with Japanese VAs, have yet to hear any other languages.

abundant

Just finished a great round on Anubis. The Attacking team were dominating us and less than a second away from capturing the final point, when I used my Rip Tire and took out the entire team. This gave my team enough breathing room to set up our defenses and we ended up winning the match and I got POTG.

I never even realized they did this.

Do they have different calls for the English speaking characters?

Although she actually can speak Korean, D.Va says "Nerf this" if it's an enemy, and "Self-destruct sequence activated" if it's friendly.

Not sure about the rest. Tracer's is so quick and has such short range that there's really no point.

Was having a pretty good Widowmaker game and the enemy team switched to 2 Widowmakers, a Zenyatta discord orbing me and a Mercy damage boosting one of them.

Seems a little overkill!

Speely

Banned
Was having a pretty good Widowmaker game and the enemy team switched to 2 Widowmakers, a Zenyatta discord orbing me and a Mercy damage boosting one of them.

Seems a little overkill!

Did your team win? That's a lot of resources to devote to one Widowmaker lol.

vypek

I never even realized they did this.

Do they have different calls for the English speaking characters?

"Tactical visor activated" versus "You're in my sights" and some other ones but yeah, there are different calls for all English speaking characters from what I can remember.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom