• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT| My Onlywatch Has Ended

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hasney

"Tactical visor activated" versus "You're in my sights" and some other ones but yeah, there are different calls for all English speaking characters from what I can remember.

Does McRee have one? Can't remember hearing anything other than it being high noon.

cHinzo

The enemy team took checkpoint A under 2 minutes at Hollywood. Then we switched to 2 Bastions, 2 Tornbjörgs, a Hanzo and a Mercy and held them off for a long time until we won. I regret nothing.

Can someone please explain to me just what in the fuck went on here? Apparently I killed 3 people in one blow !!! The other Hanzo and Pharah were way too far away to die from my slash.

Also..this happened
gvCyXO4.gif

The audio cue was just fantastic when I stopped Pharah (video of the above).

Do arrows go through people? Kinda looks like you deflected a Hanzo arrow through a whole bunch of people at once. The arrows have a relatively large hitbox so I could see it catching a bunch of people if they were all in the flight path and if arrows do in fact pass through people.

On another topic: is anyone seeing lag again? After a few days of blissfully stable connections, I'm now seeing 100+ms pings and lag spikes again. I guess poking holes in the firewall didn't actually help after all.

nOoblet16

Do arrows go through people? Kinda looks like you deflected a Hanzo arrow through a whole bunch of people at once. The arrows have a relatively large hitbox so I could see it catching a bunch of people if they were all in the flight path and if arrows do in fact pass through people.

On another topic: is anyone seeing lag again? After a few days of blissfully stable connections, I'm now seeing 100+ms pings and lag spikes again. I guess poking holes in the firewall didn't actually help after all.

I carefully went through every frame and I think what happened is that I deflected arrows from BOTH Hanzos AND a rocket from Pharah (which is what killed them)..you can hear the explosion at the end that kills Pharah and the 2nd Hanzo.
But the timing of it is such that the explosion happens exactly when I swipe and kill the first Hanzo making it seem and sound Godly ! seems like just one of those perfectly timed moments ! :D

Also I am having lag spikes everyday, sicce past 2 days. for 3 seconds everything stops and by the time it resumes I find myself dead.

Theodoricos

*reads the OP*

Huh, I must've had around 50 games already, and I can't believe that I apparently haven't played in all of the maps yet. I still haven't set foot on either Hanamura or Nepal.

Really enjoying the game though - this is exactly the kind of fast-paced FPS that I've been missing in my life.

I carefully went through every frame and I think what happened is that I deflected arrows from BOTH Hanzos AND a Pharah rocket (which is what killed them)..you can hear the explosion at the end that kills Pharah and the 2nd Hanzo.
But the timing of it is such that it happens exactly when I swipe and kill the first Hanzo....seems like just one of those perfectly timed moments.

Also I am having lag spikes everyday, since past 2 days. for 3 seconds everything stops and by the time it resumes I find myself dead.

Mine aren't so bad, they just make it feel like I'm swimming in oatmeal sometimes and somethings things like ults firing or switching weapons won't actually take. Still, annoying enough to make me stop playing.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
What's with people getting mad at someone and expecting them to switch heroes because they picked their hero before they did?

B.O.O.M

So in Hollywood map when you're attacking, Genji can stand mid air at the main entrance door lol. Try it out. Other team can't see you as you are right above the door so you can wait for a sec and jump out and be like surprise muthaphuka!

Zemm

solider 76 is legit, he's above average in every department:

short range
medium and long range
healing/utility
ultimate

I also like his character, he's like a parody of the bro shooter main characters.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Some would switch after, and when politely asked will tell you to "Fuck off" or "Suck my dick". Beautiful.

Some dude had the audacity to tell me to "hope off" because we didn't need two Hanzos.

Like motherfucker, then you switch, I picked it first.

Speely

Banned
Anyone tried any custom matches against other groups yet? I was fiddling with the options (making custom maps and exploring alone is a good way to sort of get a sense of the maps at a slower pace. Turn Ults to perma-charge and fly or dash around!)

Sometimes if I wanna try out something specific I'll throw an AI enemy or two in there and test it out. Anyway, I noticed that there are some pretty cool options for setting up different kinds of play.

packy34

I'm gonna throw this one out there one more time

|OT2| I Don't Know How Much The Rest Of You Know About Loot Box Culture, But Whites and Blues Are Huge Parts Of It

Apathy

What's with people getting mad at someone and expecting them to switch heroes because they picked their hero before they did?

Some dude did that once to me, i ended the game top everything and potg with the opposing team not even making it to the second checkpoint on gibralter.

I ended up going "good thing I didn't switch right?", he left right after

nOoblet16

Anyone tried any custom matches against other groups yet? I was fiddling with the options (making custom maps and exploring alone is a good way to sort of get a sense of the maps at a slower pace. Turn Ults to perma-charge and fly or dash around!)

Sometimes if I wanna try out something specific I'll throw an AI enemy or two in there and test it out. Anyway, I noticed that there are some pretty cool options for setting up different kinds of play.

We tried to play a custom game today, everyone joined in, took about 5 minutes of waiting in the lobby to have full teams. Then I started, some weird shit happened with the server immediately as the game loaded in, so I went back to lobby asap but the other team decided to play Quick match instead.

I'm like why? why wait and ask for custom and then bail :(

Sometimes while playing Zenyatta I either feel like I'm doing everything or absolutely nothing. Such a weird character but I love him.

He's real cool, but Widowmaker just shuts him down so hard. He really needs that shield buff from symmetra or armor pack from tor so your not terrified of moving in her territory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom