• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overdose (Kojima Productions) - Gameplay Leaked (2 Minutes)

just_jr

85e23812a04f907c51f613c54c09cf4e.gif

Arachnid

Another third person horror game? And it's from Kojima?

Holy fuck. Callisto Protocol, Dead Space, RE4make, Alone in the Dark, and Overdose? We eatin good Danjin44 Danjin44

EDIT:
yup. cloud based, meant to be played on phones via streaming
Well that took the wind out of my sails a bit. Hope I can just play it with a normal controller.

Also, are we sure this is legit? People have pointed out that it has a lot of reused assets. Margaret Qualley has his Death Stranding model and it uses green crates straight out of MGSV (which he shouldn't be able to use publicly; I feel like that includes a proof of concept pitch video).

Last edited:

Holy fuck. Callisto Protocol, Dead Space, RE4make, Alone in the Dark, and Overdose? We eatin good Danjin44 Danjin44

EDIT:

Well that took the wind out of my sails a bit. Hope I can just play it with a normal controller.

Also, are we sure this is legit? People have pointed out that it has a lot of reused assets. Margaret Qualley has his Death Stranding model and it uses green crates straight out of MGSV (which he shouldn't be able to use publicly; I feel like that includes a proof of concept pitch video).
The entire environment is ripped straight from the Death Stranding: Director's Cut.

From what I understand, it's not uncommon for developers to use pre-existing assets when starting a project.

Aggelos

Holy shhh....is that actually from Tlou1 Remake?

Wait, never mind. I get it now; from Aliens. God I love the gifs Sony studios makes.

vw65HSB.gif

Yup from the TLOU1 Remake, made in the manner of Alien 3 (not from James Cameron's Aliens, though)

Last edited:

kyliethicc

EDIT:

Very normal for a prototype. Same with the GTA6 leaks.

And yes Kojima Productions apparently asked them to take down the article and footage about Overdose.

Kojima's been pretty clear he's making a cloud game and a horror game. This is it.

kyliethicc

Didn’t Kojima debunk this rumour on the last episode of his podcast?
No.

He debunked the false rumor that his game with Google was a Death Stranding sequel.

Never denies working with Google or pitching other games (like Overdose) to Google.

Power Pro

How does a recording like this even come into existance? it's camera footage...of looking at someone else's phone....of watching someone watching the footage. like wtf? first of all, who the person in the video watching it, and why not just directly upload the footage from phone you pointed a camera at! why does footage like this even happen and exist in 2022?

Part of me wants to think this "leak" is staged, and just a form of marketing, because there's no reason for footage to look this bad in this year regardless of the source.

Last edited:
Maybe an “as dusk falls” style games where you can play with two people via xcloud and console. Said it will be utilizing cloud so maybe two people can have impact on story. Like the cloud user is you spirit or something protecting you from evil. Idk

Caffeine

How does a recording like this even come into existance? it's camera footage...of looking at someone else's phone....of watching someone watching the footage. like wtf? first of all, who the person in the video watching it, and why not just directly upload the footage from phone you pointed a camera at! why does footage like this even happen and exist in 2022?

Part of me wants to think this "leak" is staged, and just a form of marketing, because there's no reason for footage to look this bad in this year regardless of the source.
if i was to guess shes a game tester whos playing with phone controls, uploaded it to youtube unlisted and someone ended up streaming it to discord, and this guy recorded it from discord with his phone while being naked and not direct capture for some reason.

Last edited:
you know it's a hideo kojima video game when there is some cute/sexy woman based on a famous person in it.

is this the game that was being teased with elle fanning?

Last edited:

RaduN

Weirdness aside, it does look like typical Kojima camera work.
Definitelly related to something Kojima imo.

skit_data

Seems to either be a very early proof of concept using DS assets, or maybe a very good fake, lol

w8xX9os.jpg

Wouldn’t it be pretty wierd if Kojima used the DS assets and Sony owned Decima engine to show proof of concept stuff to Xbox?

The more I see the less I think this is legit and more of a elaborate fake leak

Top Bottom