• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overdose (Kojima Productions) - Gameplay Leaked (2 Minutes)

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
Here’s a look at my new game overdose!

SL0iEWU.gif

Keihart

Looks like some heavy rain type shit but playable with a phone?
weird, taping the screen seems to be the only interaction...

lmao at recording this shit shirtless

kyliethicc

That makes more sense.
He might change the name etc now thats he's moving it to xbox but this is at least what he was making to pitch to google.

Its a cloud game you stream to phones/tablets/pcs etc. The one Kojima said is like a new genre. Weird.

Meanwhile, Kojima is making Death Stranding 2 for Sony. Normal $70 PS5 game.

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
All the leaks prior were describing it as such. Pointless with the phone unless that is somehow interconnected (stranded together).

The scale and scope of the game may have changed drastically since the very old leaks, and Stadia canceled all projects because they wanted less/no single player games and more Destiny-like social hub style games.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
The scale and scope of the game may have changed drastically since the very old leaks, and Stadia canceled all projects because they wanted less/no single player games and more Destiny-like social hub style games.
I guess the phone can add a layer of creepiness since most treat that device like a lifeline on how personal they are to them. But, it has to be convincing enough and not just feel like a silly way to interact. Needless to say, I want to see more.

Last edited:

kyliethicc

All the leaks prior were describing it as such. Pointless with the phone unless that is somehow interconnected (stranded together).
Idk never seen that. And this likely has nothing to with Death Stranding.

Its just a cloud based game. No downloads, just streaming.

Phones just seem like the device he's targeting.

Horror story, maybe episodic releases. And Kojima said its very weird.

Seems to be his spiritual successor to his ideas for P.T Silent Hills.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Idk never seen that. And this likely has nothing to with Death Stranding.

Its just a cloud based game. No downloads, just streaming.

Phones just seem like the device he's targeting.

Horror story, maybe episodic releases. And Kojima said its very weird.

Seems to be his spiritual successor to his ideas for P.T Silent Hills.
I never said it had to do with Death Stranding, I just used that as a motif, since that is Kojima's new direction, community interaction. Interconnected. They showed screenshots of text messages on the screen that people were supposedly sending from their phones. We had those leak not too long ago.

kyliethicc

I never said it had to do with Death Stranding, I just used that as a motif, since that is Kojima's new direction, community interaction. Interconnected. They showed screenshots of text messages on the screen that people were supposedly sending from their phones. We had those leak not too long ago.
Oh well I didn't know that. In that case I'd assume its like Death Stranding. Singleplayer but with a kind of async online multiplayer. But nobody calls Death Stranding a multiplayer game. So I think to the suits at Google this Overdose game is just a singleplayer game. To them, multiplayer is Fornite, Apex Legends, etc.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Confused here. Is this a cell-phone game, or not? Does anyone know for sure? I’m trying to gauge how many “fucks” I should give here.

Seems like it’s a cancelled Cloud game? What the fuck? Double confusion

Last edited:

GhostOfTsu

Banned
They should make it in the Death Stranding universe If they are going to use the same actress. What a missed opportunity.
Okay, important questions first. Fuck the Kojima game. Is the naked man wearing undies? TGA reveal better be this way.
The naked guy is actually Geoff. I want to see the rest on Dec 8 🔥

Top Bottom