• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Outriders retails at 17% in UK on Xbox (due to being free to all XGPU subscribers), PlayStation 4/5 has 83% of retail sales

Mmnow

If we are talking 2000 vs 8000 in retail why would the percentage change for digital? What you're saying makes no sense. Are you saying xbox users don't know that amazon, or GAME exists but PS owners do? The splits have always matched the retail one unless there was a massive price discrepancy. Retail this game can be found way cheaper than the xbox store too. Plus those buying retail are actually less likely to have access to gamepass and hence retail would be higher.
You're saying it like it is low sales retail but when you have it next to that list of Gang Beasts and GTAV digital how many digital copies a week do you think that is? Start thinking critically. Game is also crossplay btw for better or worse.
All I'm saying - all I've ever said - is you can't take the UK sales chart as meaning for anything. Not usually, but especially not now.

You don't have the data to make the conclusions you're making.

yazenov

All I'm saying - all I've ever said - is you can't take the UK sales chart as meaning for anything. Not usually, but especially not now.

You don't have the data to make the conclusions you're making.
But we do know for a fact that the PS5 has vastly outsold the Xbox Series X/S due to higher demand and more shipment availability. So having a higher userbase generally correlates to more software sales.

Therefore, the split in digital sales would not be much different than the physical sales simply for a fact than there are more PS5 owners than Xbox owners. It is extremely delusional thinking that the digital split for the Xbox will be magically higher because of whatever fictional narrative Xbox fans might come up with?

Mmnow

But we do know for a fact that the PS5 has vastly outsold the Xbox Series X/S due to higher demand and more shipment availability. So having a higher userbase generally correlates to more software sales.

Therefore, the split in digital sales would not be much different than the physical sales simply for a fact than there are more PS5 owners than Xbox owners. It is extremely delusional thinking that the digital split for the Xbox will be magically higher because of whatever fictional narrative Xbox fans might come up with?
You know, if you tried to speak like a human being instead of all the super subtle attempts at insulting a portion of the forum, it'd make the conversation much more pleasant all round.

I don't think you can presume anything about digital sales compared to physical sales. They're not linked in the slightest. Why would the ratio stay the same as physical sales, specifically physical sales during a lockdown?

And who said digital sales on Xbox would be higher?

yazenov

You know, if you tried to speak like a human being instead of all the super subtle attempts at insulting a portion of the forum, it'd make the conversation much more pleasant all round.

I don't think you can presume anything about digital sales compared to physical sales. They're not linked in the slightest. Why would the ratio stay the same as physical sales, specifically physical sales during a lockdown?

And who said digital sales on Xbox would be higher?

Who said anything about the ratio between digital and physical? Its irrelevant to the discussion. We're talking about the split between PS5 and Xbox Series version of the game whether it be physical or digital.

Some people were inferring to the notion that Xbox consumers are not buying the game physically and therefore, the split between the two version digitally would be different from the split physically as Xbox users tend to buy games mostly digitally ( LOL) while PS5 users buy more physical games, hence dismissing the overwhelming sales ratio toward the PS5 physical sales.

However, there is no such evidence of the case and the split may very well be the same digitally. People are buying more games on the PS5 both physically AND Digital because of the much higher userbase on the PS5. So even if people somehow try to dismissive physical sales, the end result will be the same (ratio) with digital sales.

Last edited:
Top Bottom