• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Only 14.5% of men are 6'0, yet make up for 58% of CEOs

DESTROYA

Well i'm tall and i own a business so it must be true.
Big and tall business bros!
*tall high five*

GIF by NBA

No it does not. Now get back to your cubicle manlet.
We average men have absolutely zero chance :messenger_loudly_crying:. Personally I think it nonsense to be blamed and criticised for something you have little control over. I was always athletic and played sports in high school, but the gene pool wasn't working in my favour. Do we blame black people for the colour of their skin, or Orientals for the way their eyes appear?

GAMETA

Banned
People also laugh at us when we bang our heads on doorways in Japan, so there's that.
Is there prejudice against taller or bigger people in Japan?

I've noticed that in some traditional japanese local food markets around here they don't seem to appreciate my presence... they treat me as if I'm taking too much space, lol.

Last edited:
Height is overrated.

This aint the stone age. You cant just punch people in the street to prove strength.
We average men have absolutely zero chance :messenger_loudly_crying:. Personally I think it nonsense to be blamed and criticised for something you have little control over. I was always athletic and played sports in high school, but the gene pool wasn't working in my favour. Do we blame black people for the colour of their skin, or Orientals for the way their eyes appear?
Whats is your height if you dont mind me asking?

OnionSnake

Banned
Surprised me when I read that Link from good mythical morning is 6foot tall, next to Rhett he looks so short. Rhett is 6’7 so makes sense just crazy the difference it makers as a viewer

Last edited:

LordOfChaos

My last CEO was freakishly tall and so were most directors. Most of the time, the taller presidential candidate has a statistical edge.

And not to mention dating selection. People wonder why men lie about their height on dating apps, but it's a very real selection bias weeding you out if you're average or under, that would be why!

Last edited:
In all seriousness, the CEO is the top Alpha Male in an organization. No one should be surprised that unless they are literally the company's founder, in which case height obviously won't matter, a CEO will be on average an unusually tall well groomed smooth faced white male. You look at guys like Bill Gates, Mark Zuckerberg, Jeff Bezos, Jensen Huang, none of those guys are tall but they are also the founders so no one gonna say shit.

So the solution to being a CEO if you're not tall is obvious: Found your own goddamn company then!

Last edited:

GreenAlien

I feel so discriminated against with my 5'8.

Tall people, have you tried being less tall?

I think that would really help me out.

natjjohn

There is no way. I’m 6 3 and I don’t feel taller than even half the people I come in contact with. I find that % so wrong. Or I must live in tallville

Think you’re in the high 90th percentile for height from my quick googling depending on source. Like 96-99th percentile.

Paulxo87

I'm only 5'10". I mean that's an average height really. Not tall. I haven't had any issues with success or dating at all. Most women fall into the 5'6" and under category and don't obsess about height.

MastAndo

Finally, some redemption for the misery the hairline thread caused me. Not freakishly tall or anything at 6'1", but being over 6' is the greatest thing ever.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Us short guys just gotta make it a few more decades to socially acceptable genetic modification, so that our offspring can be tall.

Things will work themselves out. Hang in there boys.

Termite

6'1 here.
Me in a crowd at an event: Yes, fuck yes!
Me on an airplane: Fuck this.

Overall though 6'1 or 6'2 is pretty much the sweet spot. Not too tall to be truly awkward, but enough to get a bit of a masculinity boost.

Actually, here's a height question - I'm halfway between 6'1 and 6'2. Are you supposed to round up or down? Either way I identify as 6'1 though lol

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
6'1 here.

Overall though 6'1 or 6'2 is pretty much the sweet spot. Not too tall to be truly awkward, but enough to get a bit of a masculinity boost.

Actually, here's a height question - I'm halfway between 6'1 and 6'2. Are you supposed to round up or down? Either way I identify as 6'1 though lol

Round down on government & medical forms.

Round up on dating sites and even add an inch maybe.

Prime Time

Neo Member
6'1 here.

I seriously think 6'2" is the perfect height.

6' 3'' here, where is the line for me to sign up for an open CEO spot? Willing to start at low six-figures.

edit: can echo the sentiment that traveling pretty much anywhere sucks ass though.

Last edited:

down 2 orth

Is there prejudice against taller or bigger people in Japan?

I've noticed that in some traditional japanese local food markets around here they don't seem to appreciate my presence... they treat me as if I'm taking too much space, lol.

No, people just love slaptick humor.

Not sure why you're getting shade at the market, but I doubt it's because you're tall. Some Japanese feel uncomfortable talking with non-Japanese, but you can just shrug it off.

Batiman

Banned
People don’t take short people seriously. I see it all the time and I’ve always said it. Everybody fucks around with short people like they’re the comic relief of the world. I see it all the time.

NahaNago

I hate being fucking short as fuck. Being 5'6 sucks a bag of ass but at least thankfully now I have money so that helps. lol
I'm an inch shorter than you and I don't have money lol.... /sigh :messenger_loudly_crying:

These numbers do seem to make sense. Most of the big wigs I've known/seen were at least 6ft. Maybe the idea to promote someone might be a mental thing as well. You don't want to promote someone you look down to?

nkarafo

I'm an average 1.76m. How much is that in weird land measurements? Depending on which calculator i use, i'm anywhere between 5'7 and 5'10.

I'm 5,7 and bald. I was still able to fuck women I thought were out of my range while also dealing with depression. You simply can not let physical attributes keep you down in life. There is no net positive for you in life to constantly be worried about shit you can't change. All you can do is keep the train going and be the best possible version of yourself.

Sure, beautiful people will always have an unfair advantage against us normies, but we can't let our insecurities consume us into a terrible existence.

People don’t take short people seriously. I see it all the time and I’ve always said it. Everybody fucks around with short people like they’re the comic relief of the world. I see it all the time.

I’m surprised you see them with them being so short

Larlight

I'm 6' and I feel short compared to most men, but that's because viewing people from a slight distance makes them seem taller because you see their entire bodies whereas your perspective is from your eyes, which are the center of your face. I'll be at the grocery store or whatever and see a guy who looks a good bit taller than me, then if I walk really close by him I'll realize I'm actually taller.

Same, and also some people’s eyes are lower on their face than others sometimes thanks to a bigger forehead. So I’ll be “looking up”at a friend eye to eye even though we’re the same height.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
I wouldn't say 6ft is tall, anything like 6.5 then yeah
I'm 5.11 and everyone thinks I'm tall but I think I'm average height
My brother is 6.2 and there's not much in it.

Top Bottom