• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece: Pirate Warriors 3 |OT| Feel The Pain Of Koei and Namco Bandai's Victory

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Pressing R2 right before the Kizuna Rush ends leaves your Partner with 2-bars instead of emptying it all the way. :0

Why didn't I realize this before? That totally makes "!" way easier...

Pressing R2 right before the Kizuna Rush ends leaves your Partner with 2-bars instead of emptying it all the way. :0

Why didn't I realize this before? That totally makes "!" way easier...

Depends on your crew level or something too though, and typically you'll make tons of ! from the kizuna special attack that you can otherwise do, but yeah, in a few situations it's nice.

Dugna

Depends on your crew level or something too though, and typically you'll make tons of ! from the kizuna special attack that you can otherwise do, but yeah, in a few situations it's nice.

usually when you have plenty of gauge left but no enemies around and didn't want to waste it all on only a few enemies for a kizuna attack.

f@luS

More than a member.
I don't understand the dlc (EU)

I see a story pack (8€) and a dlc 1 at same price but I've heard of a season pass at 12. Can't find it ?

I slightly raged earlier when Bon Clay came up as a Wanted fugitive and I beat his level... only to realize that he was not a playable character. This both fills me with anger and is depressing at the same time. :(.

usually when you have plenty of gauge left but no enemies around and didn't want to waste it all on only a few enemies for a kizuna attack.
It's also useful for when your partner is in Hero Mode. You will be at level 3 already, so it's super easy to recharge another Kizuna Rush.

You dash into another area and unleash it there. It's very rare that there are no enemies left on screen, and if you have plenty left then you'll have time.

I don't understand the dlc (EU)

I see a story pack (8€) and a dlc 1 at same price but I've heard of a season pass at 12. Can't find it ?

The story pack is the season pass.

I slightly raged earlier when Bon Clay came up as a Wanted fugitive and I beat his level... only to realize that he was not a playable character. This both fills me with anger and is depressing at the same time. :(.

The unlockable characters are the ones standing still on islands. You don't ever unlock a character by completing a wanted level; you just get a rare coin and depending on your level quite a bunch of cash.

I think franchise fatigue has set in with this one sadly. Some of it felt a chore to get through and I haven't been enjoying it as much as the last one. Not so much an issue with the license, which of course I love, but just the samey gameplay for the 3rd time.

I finished the main campaign but seem to have no love to go back and replay as different characters or play some other modes.

bobohoro

I think franchise fatigue has set in with this one sadly. Some of it felt a chore to get through and I haven't been enjoying it as much as the last one. Not so much an issue with the license, which of course I love, but just the samey gameplay for the 3rd time.

I finished the main campaign but seem to have no love to go back and replay as different characters or play some other modes.

Legend Log is kinda a drag at times. Having to slog through the same stuff as PreTS-Strawhats for another round can get old, even if the gameplay is more refined and the maps are way better than before. That's why I prefer these games to either focus on some specific new arcs or do a dream story all together.

That said, just passed Water 7 and was reminded that the Going Merry scene is still the most emotionally fueled one overall. Such a good arc.

Honestly, I've played all PW games and probably put around 50 hours into PW2, and I've been enjoying PW3 a lot. I played it in large chunks when I got it and I've already spent so many hours on it. Haven't been hit by fatigue yet, though PW2 was more fun to me for sure, since it did have that "new" feel to it.

I skipped PW2, so I personally enjoyed this game alot for the 10+ hours I put into it :3
I did similar. I played through all of 1 and, for the most part, hated it. After a friend got 2, I tried that out for a few stages. It was certainly a gigantic improvement, but never played anymore after that first day. Thus, 3 is still pretty fresh for me and I'm thoroughly enjoying my time with it (although, I am bummed about some of the MIA characters).

It also helps that I've been using the PS4 streaming feature to show the game to a friend and I may be slowly getting him interested in OP as a result. ^__^

f@luS

More than a member.
You dash into another area and unleash it there. It's very rare that there are no enemies left on screen, and if you have plenty left then you'll have time.

The story pack is the season pass
So why is it the same price as the other pack if it should include it as well ?

f@luS

More than a member.
Why is what the same price as what?

The story pack is the season pass and it contains DLC pack 1 and 2, simple as that.
Yesterday I saw the story pack at 8e today it's 12. My bad. I bought it and now with preorder dlc and story pack I have 29 addon

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Why is this game's localization so damn bad? As if J-Stars Victory Vs.+ wasn't bad enough...

For some reason, the Pirate Warrior games are poorly localized. I think in the last game, Luffy's Red Hawk was called "Fire Pistol". Even though he clearly says Red Hawk in English.

I saw a video and Nami's home town Cocoyashi Village was called "Coco Village". How the fuck is 4Kids' fuckery still happening?

For some reason, the Pirate Warrior games are poorly localized. I think in the last game, Luffy's Red Hawk was called "Fire Pistol". Even though he clearly says Red Hawk in English.

I saw a video and Nami's home town Cocoyashi Village was called "Coco Village". How the fuck is 4Kids' fuckery still happening?

So far I've come across Tashigi being referred to as male, Luffy's 3 million bounty, and loads of grammatical errors. Also, apparently "Logic user" is apparently a thing.

And they're still doing the cat puns for Kuro's attacks, although thankfully we don't have to deal with "Teech".

So far I've come across Tashigi being referred to as male, Luffy's 3 million bounty, and loads of grammatical errors. Also, apparently "Logic user" is apparently a thing.

And they're still doing the cat puns for Kuro's attacks, although thankfully we don't have to deal with "Teech".

Yepp, lots of that stuff. I made a post about this some time ago with several examples of the poor localization. Another thing to add to that list is Daz Bones' kizuna special attack, which is missing one word, lol. I can't remember what it says now but it's hard to miss as it shows up every single time you do a kizuna special attack after you've had him as a companion.

The worst part is that they get away with this, they get away with poor PC version and they get away with bad DLC practices, because let's face it, people who like One Piece (like me) will buy the game regardless of these minor kind of things.

eJawa

would probably like a hook in his jaw for that matter
That said, just passed Water 7 and was reminded that the Going Merry scene is still the most emotionally fueled one overall. Such a good arc.

It made me sad that, that scene got regulated to the mixed video & still presentation style, instead of just using the whole video from the first game.

It made me sad that, that scene got regulated to the mixed video & still presentation style, instead of just using the whole video from the first game.

Same with Vivi's farewell. They messed it up. It was done pretty damn well in PW1 but here in PW3 it was just a mess.

bobohoro

Same with Vivi's farewell. They messed it up. It was done pretty damn well in PW1 but here in PW3 it was just a mess.

That's what makes the revisited story mode even poorer, most of its scenes were done better before.

That said, I'm on the final chapter now (game keeps me from MGSV) and the overall mission and map structure is waaaaaayyy better than the previous two games. Even the Thriller Bark mission wasn't that bad in the end.

It was bad in J-Stars when Gum Gum Gatling was localized as "Rapid Fire" for whatever reason.

I'm starting to suspect that Bandai Namco is getting lazy and using some leftover terms from the Grand Battle era instead of the current official ones.
It makes it kinda worse when you realize that it was brought over five months after Japan.

Watch Da Birdie

Well, that's 1/2 right because the attack does use the kanji for "Fire Pistol" but it should be read as "Red Hawk". I guess they went with Fire Pistol to keep the gun theme going.

The Viz-Manga actually gives the awkward "Fire-Fist Pistol Red Hawk"

Watch Da Birdie

That's a pain though, took me like five minutes of just waiting for him to follow as Nami kept distracting him. I hate having to lead enemies to a spot in Musous...

And no, you can't cheat that by using Free Mode to play as Usopp either.

Momentary

Banned
Would you please stop? Your posts are becoming more and more embarrassing. First you attempt to shit up the Dragon's Dogma PC announcement thread and now this. Stop.

The PC version is a lie to consumers though. I can't believe people actually support this kind of business practice. They are using PS4 screenshots to advertise a game that can't achieve that form of fidelity no matter what you're running. It's really sleazy and people defending them are out of their minds.

bobohoro

You people weren't kidding about Fujitora being pretty good.
His R1 (as well as second special) clears bases easily and fills the Kizuna Gauge in one go. And you can snipe officers from afar for big damage.
Quick Charge & Unique Action Enhancement could be pretty fun with that.

The pink circles all around him for his attacks are the only thing that I dislike, just looks out of place.

You people weren't kidding about Fujitora being pretty good.
His R1 (as well as second special) clears bases easily and fills the Kizuna Gauge in one go. And you can snipe officers from afar for big damage.
Quick Charge & Unique Action Enhancement could be pretty fun with that.

The pink circles all around him for his attacks are the only thing that I dislike, just looks out of place.

I use Unique Action Enhancement++ and it makes him even more of a beast. Best character in the game. Not so sure on Quick Charge though. After you press and hold R1, you can move the projected area for a second or two, and while I haven't tried it, I assume that Quick Charge will give you less time to move it, since it charges a little faster.

His SSSST is also really good, by the way.

Tizoc

The PC version is a lie to consumers though. I can't believe people actually support this kind of business practice. They are using PS4 screenshots to advertise a game that can't achieve that form of fidelity no matter what you're running. It's really sleazy and people defending them are out of their minds.

The PC ver. isn't a lie; the images in the Game's Steam page are a lie.
Why not just make a thread about this instead of having it just contained in this thread where people are enjoying the game and those with the PC ver. aren't bothered by the graphics that much?
FYI there's a KOEI Tecmo rep who posts on GAF, maybe PM them about this?

tbd

Would you please stop? Your posts are becoming more and more embarrassing. First you attempt to shit up the Dragon's Dogma PC announcement thread and now this. Stop.

What's embarrassing about answering someone's question and as a side note expressing my opinion that I think a terrible port should flop?

No idea what my Dragon's Dogma posts have to do with this which were just jokes (with a kremel of truth). But yeah, I totally tried to "shit up" this whole thread. That was my intention.

Majukun

for some reason i didn't get the treasure event of fighting alvida with luffy in the logue town chapter..am i missing something?

Haha I was just doing Dream Log and a message flew across the screen and instead of it actually saying anything it just said "DUMMY_ENG"

Dugna

Haha I was just doing Dream Log and a message flew across the screen and instead of it actually saying anything it just said "DUMMY_ENG"

Got the same thing when Fujitora tried spawning in one of my missions, I was streaming the game at the time so I had to do a double take to make sure I saw what I saw.

Jaroof

So who are everyone's favorite characters to play with?
Mine:
Tashigi
Shanks
Luffy (post timeskip)
Whitebeard
Kuma

Top Bottom