• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhammer Space Marine 2 - co-op campaign up to 3 player revealed + New Trailer Launches This Winter | Summer Game Fest

Draugoth

Gold Member

Pre-order Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine 2 Collector's Edition now: https://store.focus-entmt.com/w/warha...Sign up as a Focus member and subscribe to the newsletter to get the latest exclusive info and upcoming special offers for Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine 2 and the whole Focus catalog: https://store.focus-entmt.com/w/login...

Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine 2 Announces Full Co-op Campaign with an Exhilarating Trailer at the Summer Game FestToday, Focus Entertainment and Saber Interactive, in partnership with Games Workshop, are thrilled to showcase the co-op mode for Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine 2, the explosive third-person action game that brings another level of spectacle and bombast to Games Workshop’s franchise. The awaited sequel will launch this winter on PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X|S and PC. Physical versions are open for pre-orders, with a prestigious Collector’s Edition while stocks last. Celebrating the announcement, a trailer debuted at the Summer Game Fest 2023, revealing new spectacular action gameplay and breathtaking cinematic footage.Watch the Co-op Campaign Reveal Trailer now!

A bombastic action-packed campaign with endlessly replayable co-opAs showcased in the Co-op Campaign Reveal Trailer, Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine 2 features a gripping narrative that follows fan-favorite Captain Titus—powerfully portrayed by actor Clive Standen. After you get reinstituted as a Space Marine, embody the superhuman skill and brutality of the greatest of the Emperor’s warriors. Unleash deadly abilities and an arsenal of devastating weaponry to obliterate the relentless Tyranid hordes. Thanks to the 3-player co-op mode, play the full campaign with friends or AI, and take on battles over and over, ever renewing the galactic warfare experience.Heed the call of battle when Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine 2 launches this Winter on PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X|S and PC. Pre-order the Collector’s Edition now! Pre-orders registered from now on will be subject to stock availability and are not guaranteed to be delivered Day One. Wishlist the game and sign up as a Focus member to get exclusive news and upcoming special offers for Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine 2 and the whole Focus catalog.

uwYlcBz.jpg

Last edited:
Does this have a release date yet?
~edit: watched the video, nothing more than "this winter"... oh well I'm sure we're gonna have fun with a friend or two :)

Last edited:

Holammer

I still hate what they did with the soft-spoken and noble Titus from the original.
This Shadow the Hedgehog 90's edge makes my toes crawl.

The guy even delivers a little Picard speech when the Inquisition hauls him away.

I hope they do a re-release or a quick remaster of Space Marine 1 someday(for consoles). I can see it being good for the brand and for their wallets.

Last edited:

Gojiira

This is why Sony held back announcements, so much awesome stuff coming out this year already 😂

In seriousness though my gawd this looks epic, the hordes of Nids look amazing. Cant wait, Day one.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
I’m immediately suspicious over the fact they’re not showing us much of this game that has a co-op component…

Has the emperor of mankind been sullied by the GaaS curse?

MiguelItUp

I was already hyped on this and wasn't expecting this at all, good surprise! Here's to hoping it's as good as the first, if not better!

Fbh

Looks awesome IMO.
Said it on the live stream thread but it sort of reminds of an Xbox 360 era game in the best way. Coop campaign is great too, I might actually convince some buddies to get this for the nostalgia of when we played Gears.

I feel like they've still not shown us much of anything with this game. Why?

What more is there to show?
If it's anything like the first one what you see here is basically it. It's a straightforward shooter/slashers where you move through various environments mowing down hordes of enemies.
This sequel seems to introduce bigger enemy hordes and co-op which they showed off with this trailer.

Razvedka

Banned
Looks awesome IMO.
Said it on the live stream thread but it sort of reminds of an Xbox 360 era game in the best way. Coop campaign is great too, I might actually convince some buddies to get this for the nostalgia of when we played Gears.

What more is there to show?
If it's anything like the first one what you see here is basically it. It's a straightforward shooter/slashers where you move through various environments mowing down hordes of enemies.
This sequel seems to introduce bigger enemy hordes and co-op which they showed off with this trailer.
Anything? Like an actual 5-10 min gameplay session? Features? I'm still holding out hope for PvP like the first one had.

EekTheKat

A basic straight to the point Ultramarine vs Tyranid game is refreshing considering the times we live in, where lots of publishers and developers view going against expectations as the way to go.

a Batman game without Batman
A Lord of Rings game starring Gollum,
a Suicide Squad game where you kill the Justice League -instead of just a Justice League game.

Get the foundation right here and they can give us a nice series of 3rd person action games that takes place in the 40k universe.

Of note - the surprisingly good 40k 10th edition trailer hyped me up a bit more for this. Just hope one day we can reach the scale of battles depicted in the trailers.

Bartski

Gold Member
tbh this looks like something I'd love to get my hands on and I couldn't care less about Warhammer. Not sure if I'd buy it but a demo would be great news

looks amazing. the first game is truly a hidden gem. it's sad so many people never gave it a shot. I'm not even that big into warhammer. I probably couldnt tell you one name beyond space marine lol, but damn was that game fun. Even the mplayer was great. Really looking forward to this 3 player coop.

Jinzo Prime

So, will we get an update about this game at Gamescom? I can't see it coming out this year at this point. Still excited to play it, eventually.

Top Bottom