• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Older Call of Dutys now have fixed matchmaking, Thousands of players return.

Roufianos

I'd be up for some MW2, but not signing up to Live just to play it. Hopefully they add it to Game Pass and then I'll sub to Ultimate.

shaddam

>Older Call of Dutys now have fixed matchmaking

I was thinking about cod 2 after reading the title. BTW COD1 and UO are still played regurarly, and hackers are quickly banned

VN1X

Banned
IMG_2194.jpg

I'll let you guess what she's looking at.
my pp of course :goog_cool:

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
As opposed to... what exactly? The new CoD's? The old CoD's have actual soldiers and factions and the maps are worlds better that what they make now.

Those soldiers and factions were purely cosmetic. In WaW you could make a WW2 Soviet fight in Germany with a Japanese rifle.

My most played game on Steam is BO2 🤡.

TRAUcl8.jpg

Last COD I played was Black Ops 3, for almost 900 hours. After that I never played COD again. I just completely lost interest in multiplayer games. One day I woke up and realized they are a tremendous waste of time and trigger for stress. Nothing against those who like it, but I'm done with them lol :messenger_tongue:.

havoc00

My most played game on Steam is BO2 🤡.

TRAUcl8.jpg

Last COD I played was Black Ops 3, for almost 900 hours. After that I never played COD again. I just completely lost interest in multiplayer games. One day I woke up and realized they are a tremendous waste of time and trigger for stress. Nothing against those who like it, but I'm done with them lol :messenger_tongue:.
I cant even count how many hours I spent on BO2 lol, I hated 3 though

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Not sure why ive not seen this yet on the forum but Activision randomly fixed all of the 360 Call of Duty titles on Xbox 360, One and Series X.

Instant matchmaking, seems cheaters is quite limited from what I've played and back to playing old-school fun cod, here are some videos.

(showcases all titles)

Looks like it could be prepping to be launched on Gamepass.

All Call of Duty titles on Xbox have now received a 50 - 70% discount for the next 13 days

i will not click that fucking thumbnail

Those soldiers and factions were purely cosmetic. In WaW you could make a WW2 Soviet fight in Germany with a Japanese rifle.
Sure, but you can't deny that there is a MASSIVE difference between that and having purple neon people running around.

Compare WaW to CoD: WWII and tell me which one is more visually appealing and which one looks closer to WW2.

Bought World at War. Goddamn it’s still good and it’s all GUNS. I don’t walk into a room and have to worry about motion sensors activating a nuke chopper or a dude spawn camping with an AC130.

havoc00

What games you enjoying the most? After more time with MW3 im starting to sour on it, mw2 bo1 and 2 are still awesome though

man, people really have bad taste if they're still playing old CODs....its wild that they some people only play one game
As opposed to new CODs? Or what, 'hardcore' games? If you just came in here to shitpost, you're pretty sad. It's wild that people would spend time on the internet bashing things they don't have a high opinion of, instead of, well I don't know, playing 'good' games.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Bought World at War. Goddamn it’s still good and it’s all GUNS. I don’t walk into a room and have to worry about motion sensors activating a nuke chopper or a dude spawn camping with an AC130.
What’s the player count of world at war? I played it maybe a couple years ago for laughs and the lobbies were still close to 1000 people on Xbox.

The old cods also play like shit, i used to think they were good as well until i went back and played them, the shooting is not up to par with modern standards.

MW2019 is the best COD in over a decade, the new ones are just bad. I did not even mention the BF games so im not sure why you're even talking about them, they all play really well in comparison to older COD's.
lol, what? They play so much tighter. The animations of MW2019 and every cod since have been excessive to the point that even at super high FPS they feel almost less responsive than the older ones that ran at a mostly 60.

The last great CoD was MW2 because it was the last game made by the REAL Infinity Ward, the real creators of CoD. Once that whole controversy happened with Vince and Jason, the studio essentially crumbled and all the loyal talent left with them. CoD has been in the same hazy grind by random no names ever since, same as Halo and the mess it went through after Bungie left. You can't just buy creativity and passion.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I went to so many CoD midnight launches back in the day. I can’t remember anything that I’d go back for. Black Ops 2 had great multiplayer from what I remember.

I get the appeal, but it would take some effort for me to go back. I sold all my copies of CoD over the years. I think this is nostalgia + no new CoD for at least a couple more months. I think there’s a strong BF3 community still playing the game🕹 That seems wild to me.

World at War stayed above 1k players all night. Felt great to play it again. I even got numerous games on DLC maps. I had all three map packs on an old 360 account and added it to my console and there they were, ready to install.

Also saw my first hacker. The name was shining in the lobby and then he put a message on the screen that said “god mode” but then the game crashed. Idk if he caused it or not, lobbies were crashing all night.

havoc00

World at War stayed above 1k players all night. Felt great to play it again. I even got numerous games on DLC maps. I had all three map packs on an old 360 account and added it to my console and there they were, ready to install.

Also saw my first hacker. The name was shining in the lobby and then he put a message on the screen that said “god mode” but then the game crashed. Idk if he caused it or not, lobbies were crashing all night.

we should get a list going of all hackers mass report them etc

Mr.ODST

Twmpted to pick up a series X now, played Cod4 and BO1 at my friends yesterday and it was so much fun, just shows how good these games were back in the day.

Very tempted to pick one up

Top Bottom