• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Older Call of Dutys now have fixed matchmaking, Thousands of players return.

Mr.ODST

Not sure why ive not seen this yet on the forum but Activision randomly fixed all of the 360 Call of Duty titles on Xbox 360, One and Series X.

Instant matchmaking, seems cheaters is quite limited from what I've played and back to playing old-school fun cod, here are some videos.

(showcases all titles)

Looks like it could be prepping to be launched on Gamepass.

All Call of Duty titles on Xbox have now received a 50 - 70% discount for the next 13 days

Last edited:

diffusionx

Gold Member
(showcases all titles)

MALdaN2.png

Bry0

Played a little mw2 the other day. After one game it all came back. Still a fun game but honestly the formula is basically the same as it is now so I tapped out after 3 matches.

Last edited:

Drizzlehell

Banned
I never actually played any of those older CoDs back in the day. Which one is the best to jump into if I just want some simple deathmatch multiplayer?

Rykan

Wait, I'm confused: Were older titles straight up not working before this? I thought older CoD's were still being played by a small group of people.

man, people really have bad taste if they're still playing old CODs....its wild that they some people only play one game
As opposed to... what exactly? The new CoD's? The old CoD's have actual soldiers and factions and the maps are worlds better that what they make now.

What multiplayer FPS games have come out in the past 10 years that have any kind of actual enjoyable gameplay other than Hell Let Loose, Insurgency or the Verdun series?

Battlefield 4 is the top of the list I would say. BF1 looks incredible but isn't fun to play in my opinion. BFV is very competitive and fun to play but doesn't looks worse and has worse theming than BF1. 2042 is dogshit.

MW 2019 was decent but of course went down hill with Jason masks and clown faces.

Great FPS games are in a serious drought.

I never actually played any of those older CoDs back in the day. Which one is the best to jump into if I just want some simple deathmatch multiplayer?
If you're looking for the simplest team death match with the least amount of random spam I'd say either CoD 4 or World at War.

MW2 or Black Ops if you want to get a little more fancy with gun set-ups and killstreaks.

tmlDan

As opposed to... what exactly? The new CoD's? The old CoD's have actual soldiers and factions and the maps are worlds better that what they make now.

What multiplayer FPS games have come out in the past 10 years that have any kind of actual enjoyable gameplay other than Hell Let Loose, Insurgency or the Verdun series?

Battlefield 4 is the top of the list I would say. BF1 looks incredible but isn't fun to play in my opinion. BFV is very competitive and fun to play but doesn't looks worse and has worse theming than BF1. 2042 is dogshit.

MW 2019 was decent but of course went down hill with Jason masks and clown faces.

The old cods also play like shit, i used to think they were good as well until i went back and played them, the shooting is not up to par with modern standards.

MW2019 is the best COD in over a decade, the new ones are just bad. I did not even mention the BF games so im not sure why you're even talking about them, they all play really well in comparison to older COD's.

MikeM

Still dangerous to play some of these on PC.

Would be cool if MS gave these games legit Series patches.

Holammer

Still dangerous to play some of these on PC.

Would be cool if MS gave these games legit Series patches.
Tried COD4 on PC back in 2015. Joined a server and it started installing all sorts of strange scripts and I think it automatically directed me with a proxy to a Russian server.
*ALT+F4*

You answered your own question lol.

People just don’t care about FPS games in general now. That’s why a lot of the top MP games today are 3rd person.

This is all being fueled by nostalgia and the ABK/Call of duty stuff constantly being in the news but those player numbers will drop before the week is over.

You answered your own question lol.

People just don’t care about FPS games in general now. That’s why a lot of the top MP games today are 3rd person.

This is all being fueled by nostalgia and the ABK/Call of duty stuff constantly being in the news but those player numbers will drop before the week is over.
Well no, I would say that major studios don't care about FPS games now. They basically look at CoD and say, "why bother".

People still care, we're just not getting what we would prefer in many cases.

It seems like most modern FPS players along with indie studios are leaning into the tactical shooter/realism hybrid style of gameplay. So what I hope is that some AAA studios try their hand at that.

I could see Battlefield attempting to make their game closer to something like Hell Let Loose rather than 2042's style of gameplay. It needs to be lowed down, but not to the point of simulation. BF3 absolutely nailed what I'm talking about. You could still bunny hop but if that sort of maneuver was mitigated and a new game was made closer to BF2's style of movement it would be incredible.

The old cods also play like shit, i used to think they were good as well until i went back and played them, the shooting is not up to par with modern standards.

MW2019 is the best COD in over a decade, the new ones are just bad. I did not even mention the BF games so im not sure why you're even talking about them, they all play really well in comparison to older COD's.
I mean of course they aren't going to feel like new shooters lol.

I threw BF in because I'm trying to make a point to say that of course people are still going to go back and play them because the multiplayer FPS market is currently shit.

Especially on console you have,

2042 which is shit, new CoD which is shit

or Hell Let Loose, Insurgency and Isonzo (current Verdun series game) which are all outstanding.

PC you have some more options like Rising Storm 2 Vietnam and Squad.

I think the pre-Black Ops 2 CoD games are worlds more enjoyable than the post-Ghost games. They are just so much more fun.

Killstreaks are obtainable to the average player, no SBMM, slower movement with stamina, better maps and most importantly, soldiers and factions (NO HERO BULLSHIT).

Last edited:
Top Bottom