• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Oh this is good. Peter Moore responds to MGS4.

Mrbob

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=11621

He did so well too for a moment:

Xbox VP Peter Moore certainly doesn't seem perturbed by the MGS4 video - telling GamesIndustry.biz at TGS that "Cell processor or not, when I look at the technical specs, I don't see anything that concerns me overly from a performance point of view. Quite frankly, having the ability to move first in this space, I think, provides us with the opportunity for a huge advantage."

"If we look at the capabilities of the Xbox 360 from a technical aspect, and we lay against it the capabilities from a technical aspect of the PS3, everybody that works at a technical level that I respect says... It's a wash," he continued. "It really is. Both companies have incredibly powerful machines, and it will be about what the developers can do with them."

Which I agree with. But then he had to go and say something stupid at the end:

"Gamers are a very smart bunch, and gamers who still haven't seen a PS3 or seen one played, will make the determination. The English expression is, the proof of the pudding is in the tasting. Having videos, having characters in videos... The fact that they feel the need to have Snake tell you that it's powerful, that could be seen as a sign of worry, or weakness, potentially," Moore concluded.

Wooo hahahahaha.

Good 'ole Peter Moore.

Mrbob said:
"If we look at the capabilities of the Xbox 360 from a technical aspect, and we lay against it the capabilities from a technical aspect of the PS3, everybody that works at a technical level that I respect says... It's a wash," he continued. "It really is.

Obviously he doesn't respect quite a few folks, based on a variety of interviews we've seen ;)

Oh, and this is old.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Peter Moore!!!!....
trap.jpg

n3mo_toad

btrboyev said:
especially considering the xbox isn't even black..

Please, walk into a Gamestop and proclaim that--see how many people look at you funny.

BTW, we need to put Peter Moore and Ken Kutaragi in the same room together: I call it, the ballad of the executives that were batshit insane.

Mrbob

Moore is probably having bad flashbacks at the moment. The first real blow against the Dreamcast was the MGS2 trailer. He probably fears to see Metal Gear series destroy his companies hardware platform again.

Mrbob said:
Moore is probably having bad flashbacks at the moment. The first real blow against the Dreamcast was the MGS2 trailer. He probably fears to see Metal Gear series destroy his companies hardware platform again.

MOORETAL GEAR SOLID 360: HIDEO AND SEEK

Peter Moore said:
"The fact that they feel the need to have Snake tell you that it's powerful, that could be seen as a sign of worry, or weakness, potentially,"

Worry and weakness isn't in Sony's vocabulary I'm afraid, Peter...

datruth29

"The fact that they feel the need to have Snake tell you that it's powerful, that could be seen as a sign of worry, or weakness, potentially," Moore concluded."

I can't believe that he actually said. Why, oh why.... This man is just settin' himself up to be picked on.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
He set himself up for the next MGS4 trailer at E32k6 :lol can't wait for that one.

datruth29 said:
"The fact that they feel the need to have Snake tell you that it's powerful, that could be seen as a sign of worry, or weakness, potentially," Moore concluded."

I can't believe that he actually said. Why, oh why.... This man is just settin' himself up to be picked on.

really, u could imagine the lump in his throat and his eyes welling up :lol

Norse

VisionaryQuest0 said:
Worry and weakness isn't in Sony's vocabulary I'm afraid, Peter...

uh, tell that to Sony's flat panel tv division. Even sony says they got their heads handed to them in this regard.

Raistlin

The fact that they feel the need to have Snake tell you that it's powerful, that could be seen as a sign of worry, or weakness, potentially," Moore concluded.

:lol

I'm pretty sure the graphics and physics shown in the trailer did a pretty good job of demonstrating the console's power

Raistlin

Norse said:
uh, tell that to Sony's flat panel tv division. Even sony says they got their heads handed to them in this regard.

Very true. They continue to get owned with flat panels.

Based on this year's line - I think they are going to do QUITE well in the front and rear projection HDTV arenas.

Their LCD and LCoS lines are pretty astonishing for the price right now.

Spike

Gamers are a very smart bunch, and gamers who still haven't seen a PS3 or seen one played, will make the determination.

WTF?!?! So basically is he admitting that they've gotta sell the X360 to people who haven't seen a PS3, namely MGS4, otherwise they're up shit's creek?

I don't understand what he's saying here. All I know is Microsoft better have a Halo 3 teaser ready for X05.

Mrbob

Onix said:
Very true. They continue to get owned with flat panels.

Based on this year's line - I think they are going to do QUITE well in the front and rear projection HDTV arenas.

Their LCD and LCoS lines are pretty astonishing for the price right now.

That's why Sony is not making money in their home electronics division. They are selling their product too low of a price. They have the biggest percentage of the projection HDTV market. But their profit margin is way too small.

EGM92

We already had a thread about the EXACT same thing... nothing good came of that one and was locked... I see no better for this one either.

On topic... Moore works for MS PR, enough said.

Norse

Mrbob said:
That's why Sony is not making money in their home electronics division. They are selling their product too low of a price. They have the biggest percentage of the projection HDTV market. But their profit margin is way too small.

I wasnt talking tv's per say. The flat panel computer display was where they realy got owned...taiwan companies geared up their factories way before sony did. Its one of sony's largest mistakes ever. They pretty much gave that entire market away. You don't see many sony displays hooked to computers in comparison to all the taiwan based ones.

The marging for all their hdtv's s actually good. You would freakif you saw what sony employees pay for the same tv you see in the stores.

"The fact that they feel the need to have Snake tell you that it's powerful, that could be seen as a sign of worry, or weakness, potentially," Moore concluded.

It wasn't a sign of worry, but it was pretty cheesy. :lol

Maybe I should have said Sony Computer Entertainment division instead of just Sony because now everybody's talking about their HDTV product. :lol

Raistlin

Mrbob said:

That may be true.

I don't know how much their new LCoS implementation costs, 'cause they sure are selling it cheap.

Though I think that new front projector ($9999 retail), is probably making a decent margin. Will it sell big? Certainly not mass-market big ... but I think its gonna sell A LOT in its market. A REAL LOT.

Onix said:

I'm pretty sure the graphics and physics shown in the trailer did a pretty good job of demonstrating the console's power

u mean the hiding behind wall physics or the talking physics? the cigarette in mouth physics? :lol wtf?

datruth29

"Gamers are a very smart bunch, and gamers who still haven't seen a PS3 or seen one played, will make the determination."

He does know that this also applies to the 360 right?

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
datruth29 said:
"Gamers are a very smart bunch, and gamers who still haven't seen a PS3 or seen one played, will make the determination."

He does know that this also applies to the 360 right?

but...MTV SPECIAL!!

Top Bottom