• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official World Cup of Hockey thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Socreges

Banned
Oh SHUT UP, Millen.

Kiprusoff gives up a bad rebound, but Millen blows a nut on how he kept his head up. HOW MAGNIFICENT!

calder

HOLY SHIT.

Not a lot of time left, but the Finns have been known to, er, gag a wee bit with the lead late.

Wow a penalty now? Didn't see it, but it better be a brutal elbow to get a call at this point.

Yeah, the game sucked (the half or so I've seen). Pretty boring, to the point I wasn't going to bother making fun of the dead crowd (noticeably worse than TO, which is amazing) because I couldn't really blame them.

Yikes, on the replay I have to agree with Millen, which I hate doing, they had to call that penalty.

calder

Yay for Finland. :) At least the Finns really care about getting to the final.

Now I just have to worry about tomorrow. :|

Gregory

Banned
ahahahahhahahahahaahahhahahahahaahahahahahahahahahaha!

Fucking awesome.
Now all that`s missing is that the Czechs crush Canada tomorrow and if they play like they did against Sweden that`s not impossible.

Now that would be something, no american teams in the final, ahhhhh.

Alucard

Banned
Boring game, but still a win for Finland.

Nail biting time in Canada begins...now. The Czechs look pretty scary at the moment.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Gregory said:
ahahahahhahahahahaahahhahahahahaahahahahahahahahahaha!

Fucking awesome.
Now all that`s missing is that the Czechs crush Canada tomorrow and if they play like they did against Sweden that`s not impossible.

Now that would be something, no american teams in the final, ahhhhh.

why would anyone want canada to lose? :(

calder

Society said:
Originally Posted by Socreges:
With the US leading 1-0 in the 3rd:

SOOTHSAYER!

GIVE ME A QUARTER, I'LL TELL YOU YOUR FORTUNE!!!
*gives quarter*
Will anyone ever like me on this board?
Huh. Wow for some reason I had been thinking you were both the same guy all this time. Similar name or something, I just thought one nick was an old nick and I was always seeing the new nick.

Leon

*Peeks in*

No matter how hard I try, I can never follow the fucking puck in hockey. Ever. What the hell.

Carry on.

IgeL

Project Midway said:
I hope Canada wins Czechs. I would love to see Iggy vs Kipper in the finals. :)
Hey Midway, welcome back or something. :)

Not a great game but we won, that's the bottom line. I'm kind of hoping for a Canada - Finland final, because if it's Czech - Finland it really doesn't feel like a "World Cup" final. Finland needs some magic stuff (Selänne awakening perhaps, he should be able to do much more than tackling) to win the final but anything's possible.

Pochacco

asking dangerous questions
beerbelly said:
Luongo probably in net tonight. Doomed!
Crap.
No offense to Luongo, but he hasn't started yet and the players are MUCH more confident with Brodeur in net...
...hmm. Oh well. GO CANADA GO.

Pochacco

Stupid Torontonians can't even keep silent in respect for 9/11.
LOL @ all the whistles Gretzky's daughter is getting from the crowd. If I were Gretz, I'd be PISSED.

Pochacco

Aboot time!
The Canadian defencemen are really jumping up on the play - very nice.

-edit-
Luongo's playing fantastic!
The Canadian defence seems a bit lazy tonight (defence-wise).

calder

YESSSSSS

and, WHEEEEW.

Now light em up like you did the Slovaks!

edit: I mean, NOOOOO

Damn fluky goal is not what we wanted to give up now. Shit!

boo7z

Man this tournament really got me pumped up for the coming NHL season. Can't wait to see Lemieux @ the Pens in a month or so.

Oh wait..........................

dem

DRAPER

jesus christ.. hold on to this Canada
Czechs look fucking dangerous

You dont deserve this win Canada.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom