• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NxGamer: Assassins Creed: Valhalla - Patch 1.04 Performance and Graphic Analysis - PS5 | SX | SS

Lysandros

I just expected a slight edge overall. "A bit surprised." Not blown away.

The CPU and GPU both have a slight power advantage.
What do you mean by 'power'?.. Speed? Architecture? Efficiency? Power != Teraflop. A relevant comparison doesn't end at CU number, 'partial' RAM bandwidth or CPU frequency.

Last edited:
sub count = quality now, wow, weird that a higher sub count lead DF to the same conclusions, then. For some of us NX being smaller helps his credibility as opposed to hurting it, he isn't being given exclusive console breakdowns and shit, he seemingly doesn't rely on this revenue for his livelihood either and his full-time job gives him experience in what he's talking about. But hey, some of us are totally fine with comparing NX, VG and DF and coming to a conclusion based on all three without having to disparage one or another.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
DF and VG disagree but since its fanboy nxgamer, he's automatically right lmao. Dude's a joke just trying up his subs on the naive fanboys 🤣🤣.

In example the sky can be blue and everyone says it blue. DF, vg, etc all say its blue but its in Sony interest its better if it's gray. NX makes an "analysis" and says its gray. Automatically he's right and everyone else is wrong lol. The fanboys eat it up tho, so you can't blame him 🤷🏻‍♂️

Edit: Dude only has 50k subs lmao. No wonder he caters to console wars so much. DF 1 million vs Nx 50k 🤣

This is really shitty post, for people who are providing content for us and not the nemtion, nxgamer is gafffer.... I find his video very informative and more often than not he is right.

Romulus

What do you mean by 'power'?.. Speed? Architecture? Efficiency? Power != Teraflop. A relevant comparison doesn't end at CU number, 'partial' RAM bandwidth or CPU frequency.

CPU has a slight clock speed advantage, GPU has a decent TF advantage.
Basically my point above. Previous consoles showed these advantages in comparison to the gap. 40% gpu advantage for ps4 over xb1 showed in pixels almost instantly and it made sense when looking at the resolution numbers.

Last edited:

killatopak

Just gonna chime in on the whole DF vs NX gamer thing.

I just feel like if we’re gonna give respect to NX Gamer then it’s also fair to give respect to DF.

It just feels very hypocritical that we’re willing to believe someone because it’s their livelihood then accuse someone else of lying when it is also their livelihood and credibility on the line.

I think mistakes happen especially now when all these analysis channels are pumping out videos daily at most. I’m just glad there are more of them so we can cross reference stuff out.

sircaw

Banned
Just gonna chime in on the whole DF vs NX gamer thing.

I just feel like if we’re gonna give respect to NX Gamer then it’s also fair to give respect to DF.

It just feels very hypocritical that we’re willing to believe someone because it’s their livelihood then accuse someone else of lying when it is also their livelihood and credibility on the line.

I think mistakes happen especially now when all these analysis channels are pumping out videos daily at most. I’m just glad there are more of them so we can cross reference stuff out.

Df is not posting on this forum as far as i know, we basically have a guy here calling out another saying he is a liar and a fanboy. This is a hell of a lot different,

DF and VG disagree but since its fanboy nxgamer, he's automatically right lmao. Dude's a joke just trying up his subs on the naive fanboys 🤣🤣.

In example the sky can be blue and everyone says it blue. DF, vg, etc all say its blue but its in Sony interest its better if it's gray. NX makes an "analysis" and says its gray. Automatically he's right and everyone else is wrong lol. The fanboys eat it up tho, so you can't blame him 🤷🏻‍♂️

Edit: Dude only has 50k subs lmao. No wonder he caters to console wars so much. DF 1 million vs Nx 50k 🤣

mzc8cc.gif

assurdum

Banned
Basically my point above. Previous consoles showed these advantages in comparison to the gap. 40% gpu advantage for ps4 over xb1 showed in pixels almost instantly and it made sense when looking at the resolution numbers.
Previous console have a wider gap. 2TF of more could means nothing if you can't push it.

Yoboman

You guys never really quantify why he's biased, what he's said or done that's anything but factual. It makes you look bad, not him.
He dared showed some excitement and understanding of PS5 pre launch instead of going along with the "12>10" and "what are Sony hiding if they are so quiet?" narrative that their favourites like DF and Jeff Grubb were pushing

Last edited:
D dark10x used to post here all the time until He was chased off by a bunch babies for not bowing to the Sony overlords. Don’t see how it is any different.

What is this an eye for an eye or something? Never heard of taking the high road? Most of us weren't even in the thread that turned John away from here, nevermind that from all accounts I'm told about a singular poster was the catalyst for it.

DJ12

In his defense, NX was always a biased towards Sony. Not entirely sure why the current shock.

Everyone is biased towards something.
Of course he was, how dare he say ps4 games performed better than the xbox one versions.

Surely anyone starting out with that generation would appear biased if your criteria is based on who 'wins' the face offs or who gets the most 'praise'

Iced Arcade

You guys never really quantify why he's biased, what he's said or done that's anything but factual. It makes you look bad, not him.
I don't think he looks bad. I enjoy his videos as well just the same as I enjoy baised on the other side. I like different views.

"You guys" lol You need a hug? I can be a hugger

Last edited:

sircaw

Banned
John still has an account here but some fanboys ran him off. People take this way too seriously for a hobby that should be about fun.

well i hope he comes back, but that is kinda out of our control atm, however, this one is not.

We should be encouraging tech people to stay in this community, regardless of who you support, it's better with them than without.

Coolwhhip

Neophyte
well i hope he comes back, but that is kinda out of our control atm, however, this one is not.

We should be encouraging tech people to stay in this community, regardless of who you support, it's better with them than without.

Well he posts on retardera doesn't he? So kinda hard to take him seriously.

J_Gamer.exe

Damn, what an idiotic post this is by a brainless poster and has been proven to be so with df video, if only you had held your tongue.

DF said the same thing, all your utter bullshit exposed.

I was really concerned for nx gamer in crossing such a juggernaut like you, but he's come out smelling of roses.

As for his channel its grown somewhere from 35ishk to over 50k I think from memory fairly recently. Its on the up, he's been getting himself about with videos,/pods with Moore law is dead and red gaming tech, raising the profile.

Keep up the good work nx and am sure it'll continue to grow, no need to be overly concerned....

BeardGawd

Banned
sub count = quality now, wow, weird that a higher sub count lead DF to the same conclusions, then. For some of us NX being smaller helps his credibility as opposed to hurting it, he isn't being given exclusive console breakdowns and shit, he seemingly doesn't rely on this revenue for his livelihood either and his full-time job gives him experience in what he's talking about. But hey, some of us are totally fine with comparing NX, VG and DF and coming to a conclusion based on all three without having to disparage one or another.

Yeah let's use someone that does this as a hobby in their sparetime compared to a group that do this professionally fulltime.

He has known biases. People try to discredit pro-xbox channels all the time. Same applies.

Yeah let's use someone that does this as a hobby in their sparetime compared to a group that do this professionally fulltime.

He has known biases. People try to discredit pro-xbox channels all the time. Same applies.

I'm comparing someone with expertise in the area to people who don't, actually. You want to talk false equivalences I can make up my own to destroy your shitty arguments.

"Known biases" - more like if people squawk enough the same tired BS others will just accept it as truth, sorry but it's not going to gain any traction here. Make a legitimate argument for why he has these known biases and someone may listen, but right now you're just peddling rubbish.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes

Get some help. Insulting a forum member just to win some console warrior points is lame. You accuse him of being a fanboy but your post exposes you instead.

He made gushing previews of the ps4specs back in the days? I don't know, but I also recall him or some other small youtuber making the first(that I know of) voiced video analysis, df used to be only the videos, the analysis text was on eurogamer, with the comparison tools... That nobody came along and invented the format, they changed very soon after, and I think the better production values made them the go to place for technical analysis.

Anyway , I may have for gotten some details, but he can do an analysis, whatever his bias may be.

He made gushing previews of the ps4specs back in the days? I don't know, but I also recall him or some other small youtuber making the first(that I know of) voiced video analysis, df used to be only the videos, the analysis text was on eurogamer, with the comparison tools... That nobody came along and invented the format, they changed very soon after, and I think the better production values made them the go to place for technical analysis.

Anyway , I may have for gotten some details, but he can do an analysis, whatever his bias may be.

Yeah he did start voiced video analysis, seemingly influencing DF to do the same, weird how this small, insignificant Youtuber doing this as a hobby can have such influence.

phil_t98

#SonyToo
game is still poorly optimised on both consoles. the patch aint even a major one and the numbering suggest that to 1.04 both versions will get better. just shows why you should buy games until a month or two after release. even the polished Spiderman MM has bugs to that will be patched out

mitchman

Gold Member

This is what we call a ad hominem argument where, instead of arguing what specifics was wrong, he attacks the person and channel.

yewles1

i just think it's extremely wrong to call someone out like that, i have watched the last couple of videos from him, the analysis had been excellent, well thought out, and well beyond some of the other channels.

To start throwing shade like he only has 50k subs and he's a fanboy is pretty low.

I mean the guy posts here, what if he ends up getting pissed of like dark did and we lose another tech guy from this site

this is not some fanboy back and forth drivel between me and a xbox person, this is a guy who is making a living via these videos, this is his credibility which he is tarnishing.

it ain't cool and I think an apology is in order.
I'd like to think NXGamer NXGamer is made of sterner stuff.

INC

I think Its because most of his video are sony focused, but then again if sony were the ones pushing the boundaries last gen for gfx (on console) etc etc, then makes sense he would do videos on this, since his channel is tech focused

I've always thought he was a sony guy, but counting frame rates and pixels isn't really an opinion, its facts, so I let it slide

Plus I can't make memes about him, since I dont have a pic of him (anyone got a pic for NX?), where as DF is a treasure trove of memes to be made

yewles1

I mean for consoles it's not that crazy to imagine the machine with more Teraflops would have better results. The pro/x1x, ps4 and Xb1 were about in line with the gap in TF. of course theres more to this story.
I think people forget HOW the X1X got it's advantage over the Pro, which should cause us to take into deeper perspective. A measly 4 CU's and a chunky 200+MHz can go a looooooong way...

Why so dismissive?

I'm dismissive of people who are dismissive of a tech analyst because of a bias they can't even describe.

I think Its because most of his video are sony focused, but then again if sony were the ones pushing the boundaries last gen for gfx (on console) etc etc, then makes sense he would do videos on this, since his channel is tech focused

I've always thought he was a sony guy, but counting frame rates and pixels isn't really an opinion, its facts, so I let it slide

Plus I can't make memes about him, since I dont have a pic of him (anyone got a pic for NX?), where as DF is a treasure trove of memes to be made

I'm scrolling back through time on his channel and most games he covers are multiplats.

TLZ

Banned
Is he fuck biased towards Sony, he may prefer Sony over MS but his technical reviews are always fair and balanced, i follow the man and look forward to his vids and i've never once thought hes sticking it to Xbox
This video is more praising Xbox even.

NXGamer

The thing is the PS4 and X1 Gap was MUCH more than just the CU count or Tflops, I discussed this back then.

But my Tflops are a Lie video I made about a year ago now was the reason I did as I saw what was coming from the info coming out and I always see this being used, incorrectly and largely in PC areas, thus I wanted to explain it so it made sense.

If you have not watched it, give it a view and see if it explains the reasons better for you.

Is he fuck biased towards Sony, he may prefer Sony over MS but his technical reviews are always fair and balanced, i follow the man and look forward to his vids and i've never once thought hes sticking it to Xbox
Thanks Macready, Now if you gentlemen can find the time, I'd rather not spend the rest of this winter........

Last edited:

Allandor

NXGamer NXGamer is back again with another Assassins Creed: Valhalla comparison video

Did they add half rate animation on distant objects? Or is this the fault of the video encoding?
At 7:08, look at the sheep in the background (ps5 screen). It seems to stutter through the seen. Never seen this before, so might just be an encoding problem.

Last edited:

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
Thanks Macready, Now if you gentlemen can find the time, I'd rather not spend the rest of this winter........

your welcome big lad, at least you get to spend the winter with your PS5/XSX ya lucky heur... ive got a jet engine to whine away with until Game get some stock in and i get lucky ffs

Top Bottom