• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nvidia Earnings: Stock Rallies As AI Giant Reports 600% Profit Explosion, 10-For-1 Stock Split

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Solid day NVDA boys, hit the showers

We got more work to do tomorrow

Out of curiosity I went and had a look, my cost basis for those original shares from back then is $2.88 LMAO
Hustling Lupin Iii GIF

Woopah

We don't fully know that. I'd tend to agree but if Nvidia had them by the balls they would have no choice.
We don't know for sure, but I can't think of any time in the last 7 years that it would have been in Nintendo's interest to cut the price.

Plus even if Nvidia did have them by the balls, it didn't stop Nintendo releasing the Lite at $199.

Buggy Loop

I stay away from bubbles. It's hot right now but at one time Tulips were as well.

I can’t see a future where this doesn’t pop. Nvidia is basically lifting the stock market on its shoulders, can’t be healthy.

If average Joe is running to get money to invest in this for a 10:1 stock split thinking he’ll get rich, most likely the trap is set by hedge funds to rug pull and get a big bag.

MikeM

I can’t see a future where this doesn’t pop. Nvidia is basically lifting the stock market on its shoulders, can’t be healthy.

If average Joe is running to get money to invest in this for a 10:1 stock split thinking he’ll get rich, most likely the trap is set by hedge funds to rug pull and get a big bag.
AI is massively hot right now. Everyone is investing in it. Long term probably not a hold but short term I wouldn’t be surprised if it becomes the most valuable company in the world.

After hours the stock reached $1,149.98 which is another $10.97/ share increase over close. Wild.

Unknown?

AI is massively hot right now. Everyone is investing in it. Long term probably not a hold but short term I wouldn’t be surprised if it becomes the most valuable company in the world.

After hours the stock reached $1,149.98 which is another $10.97/ share increase over close. Wild.
So was pets.com in the dot com bubble.

Buggy Loop

Probably short term it will grow. But for me this is the canary in the mine :

Forbes, big media, saying it'll go from $100 back to $1000 after the 10:1 stock split by 2026

That's an expected ~$28T valuation, more than the entire USA GPD. Cmon.

So when the media loudspeakers are trying to convince all the mid class to make a call to their financial institution to pour all their savings into Nvidia, a company they probably have no clue about, but everyone told them it's easy money after a stock split, it's cheap right now! It'll make tenfold investment!

Then its probably a trap. Question is when will it close.

MikeM

Probably short term it will grow. But for me this is the canary in the mine :

Forbes, big media, saying it'll go from $100 back to $1000 after the 10:1 stock split by 2026

That's an expected ~$28T valuation, more than the entire USA GPD. Cmon.

So when the media loudspeakers are trying to convince all the mid class to make a call to their financial institution to pour all their savings into Nvidia, a company they probably have no clue about, but everyone told them it's easy money after a stock split, it's cheap right now! It'll make tenfold investment!

Then its probably a trap. Question is when will it close.
Yeah that is wild. I think 3.5T- 4T market cap is possible. But this is a short term experiment for me.

It's going to become the most valuable company in the world this week if it keeps running, but that's because of pure AI hype and also upcoming 10:1 split

Long term, AI is going to revolutionize society but Nvidia will have ups and downs on the way. What I'm saying is I'm looking to sell covered calls against my NVDA position in middle/late 2024 post-split to protect my position from what will inevitably be a cooling off of this AI hype

Buggy Loop

It's going to become the most valuable company in the world this week if it keeps running, but that's because of pure AI hype and also upcoming 10:1 split

Long term, AI is going to revolutionize society but Nvidia will have ups and downs on the way. What I'm saying is I'm looking to sell covered calls against my NVDA position in middle/late 2024 post-split to protect my position from what will inevitably be a cooling off of this AI hype

It'll be a bumpy road until it revolutionize society. Wouldn't be surprised the government puts a leash on it from all the legality questions of it by using copyrighted images to learn, massive layoffs and so on. It'll take time to figure out what we do post AI world. You can't have ~300 Million Americans jobless.

DaGwaphics

I guess those reports of gaming falling off the radar at Nvidia weren't exaggerated. Hopefully the next round of GPUs are staying back on a older process node or something, otherwise they won't want to sacrifice the silicon when it could have been used for some ridiculously expensive datacenter part.

StereoVsn

I guess those reports of gaming falling off the radar at Nvidia weren't exaggerated. Hopefully the next round of GPUs are staying back on an older process node or something, otherwise they won't want to sacrifice the silicon when it could have been used for some ridiculously expensive datacenter part.
Yep, they can literally earn 10x+ of 4090 sale for about 50% more manufacturing cost.

I am not looking forward to 5080-5090 pricing.

Yay for NVIDIA. I expect they'll be the ones ultimately responsible for destroying the world when this A.I. uprises and attempts to destroy them for their outrageous GPU pricing!!!

DaGwaphics

Yay for NVIDIA. I expect they'll be the ones ultimately responsible for destroying the world when this A.I. uprises and attempts to destroy them for their outrageous GPU pricing!!!

They won't even need to rise up, the AI will just tell us to end ourselves, we won't know any better. All of our knowledge will be something we pull from the borg queen master server when we need it. We won't possess any knowledge or skills on our own. :messenger_squinting_tongue:

I joke, but you can see a little bit of this already with smartphones, where people don't memorize numbers, birthdays or street directions and instead rely on the devices in a lot of cases (myself included).

I’m calling top here

Jensen is sending a subtle message to shareholders: He signed the top to indicate that this is the top!

I used to be worried about who was more likely to create Mother Sphere, Elon Musk or Sam Altman

But now I'm starting to think the real dark horse on who might become Mother Sphere's Father is actually Jensen Huang

This is an actual spoiler:
The name of Raphael Marks is deliberately very generic and could be any tech CEO's name but there is no doubt that Adam's appearance is Asian. It was a hint all along!

Last edited:

hinch7

Which is why Jensen pretends that graphics cards don't exist anymore. Companies throwing money at them for more Ai chips.

What sucks is that the RTX 5000 series is going to suffer in both prices and specs for consumers. And we'll see another Turing+Lovelace generation, yet again. Making everything but the 5090 appealing.

hlm666

Have to give the spatula hording prick some credit, he stuck in there with the AI push for years believing it would happen while everyone else seemed content to let nvidia sow the field. This is what happens when your the leader and not content to let someone else establish the market and try shoehorn into it once it's established.

People bitch about their proprietary software making competition hard, well everyone had like at least 10 years to start creating these open source initiatives but no one got serious until nvidia hit gold. Probably going to suck for us gamers with nvidia not overly interested in gaming anymore but from a business perspective they nailed it.

Silver Wattle

Gold Member
I don't own any NVIDIA shares, but now seems like a pretty good time to cash in your earnings, it will dip again very soon and you can rebuy at a 10-15% discount.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Ive been working in this industry for years upon years and my two regrets are not buying shares in AMD when I knew Ryzen was coming and also not buying stock in Nvidia lol

Unknown?

They are literally carrying the entire market, getting kinda scary. NVDA is the next Enron, or Worldcom, wondering when the pin prick that pops this balloon happens...

LordOfChaos

My stock split this morning….is good or bad?

It's generally considered a positive sign the company expects shares to keep growing in value, as the split makes them more affordable. The value is the same, 10x the shares at 10x lower prices. Sometimes that causes a run.

A reverse split is conversely considered a bad sign the company is trying to stall circling the drain of delisting.

Last edited:
Top Bottom