• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo E3 2015 Event Schedule

Oddduck

Sort of likely...

• We find out what EAD is doing with Project Giant Robot and Project Guard. eshop releases? Wii Play 2? Star Fox U mini-games?
  • Star Fox U unveiling
  • Animal Crossing U?
  • Blastball details?
  • Retro Studios / Nintendo game?
  • Next Level Games / Nintendo game?
  • New EAD Tokyo project?
  • New Team Sakamoto project?

The Next Level Games project is very likely considering that they've been working on it since October 2012.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2013/03/next_level_games_has_a_top_secret_title_in_development

diaspora

I don't know, man. I mean, he still had a big hand in Super Metroid, Fusion and Zero Mission. I don't know, I think I COULD let the monstrosity that was Other M slip, but... I don't know... what if he does it again. I'd take my chances on it.
Lucas was involved in the original trilogy too.

Griss

Alright, my final predictions:

8 minutes (8): Retro's new game or some other unannounced game (The 'megaton' if they have one)
5 minutes (13): Fire Emblem If
3 minutes (16): Fire Emblem x Shin Megami Tensei
4 minutes (20): Super Mario Maker
5 minutes (25): Star Fox Full Reveal
3 minutes (28): Xenoblade X Localisation Info
3 minutes (31): Indie / 3rd party Sizzle Reel
4 minutes (35): HD Remaster of Metroid Prime or Mario Galaxy / Sunshine
3 minutes (38): Pokemon section: Pokken and possibly Pokemon Z or Emerald or similar 'refresh' game as is traditional
7 minutes (45): Animal Crossing U

That wouldn't be quite as good as last year's but by god I'd take it.

EDIT: Not expecting to see Project Robot or Tower Defence.

JMDSO

Unconfirmed Member
After finally seeing a bunch of games I wanted yesterday, I have a feeling I'm in for a letdown when Nintendo comes to bat today.

The_Lump

Banned
well as always it should be noted that Nintendo does Directs all throughout the year so they don't really need to show anything beyond late 2016. not really sure how that's a bad thing haha.

Never said it was a bad thing, was just discussing how Sony and Nintendo differ in their e3 approach and how that means Nintendo can't realistically match them for volume of content (in summary; little 3rd party support, won't show games for late 2016+)

They can still have a great show though :)

trixx

Super Mario maker is probably the only game I'm going to be interested in by the end. No Zelda makes me sad and I'm not riding the star fox hype train just yet.

Maybe 2 new games showed off but I can see them spending a lot of time on titles already announces and titles that have been released dlc and what not.

Also a new pokemon won't be exciting imo.

KingBroly

Banned
I don't know, man. I mean, he still had a big hand in Super Metroid, Fusion and Zero Mission. I don't know, I think I COULD let the monstrosity that was Other M slip, but... I don't know... what if he does it again. I'd take my chances on it.

Don't. He had his chance with Other M, cashing in all of his clout and he blew it. Big time. People say Other M was only 1 game, but it was a BIG game to screw up.

The_Lump

Banned
this is pretty much how I feel. with Nintendo's new E3 format they don't have to "win" E3, they are E3. like, all the pressers on Monday are great. I love seeing what's coming soon and not so soon from all the big publishers but today, tomorrow, and Thursday it will be all Nintendo all the time. their Treehouse streams defined E3 for me last year and this year I've found that they make the stuff on Monday really feel like the pre-E3 stuff that it is, if that makes sense. usually for those of us at home it's watch all the pressers and that's pretty much it. maybe go dig around for demos of stuff on the show floor. now with the Treehouse stuff the actual pressers are a much smaller percentage of what I'll be watching. makes them seem like a nice bonus on top of an experience that is much more in line with what E3 actually is and that's a video game trade show, not some manufactured hype spectacle.

Nicely put :)

CassSept

It's funny that a Mother 3 localization will only be like the eighth most shocking thing at E3.

Yeah, crazy E3, best one since 2006. I doubt it, but I wonder if Nintendo has any spectacular bombs to drop. Though I am fairly certain Metroid is at least somewhat probable this year.

Fanuilos

After finally seeing a bunch of games I wanted yesterday, I have a feeling I'm in for a letdown when Nintendo comes to bat today.

Regardless of what Nintendo shows this has still been a great E3. Nintendo already has had a great E3 so I could bear the direct being sparse. So I'll either be pleasantly surprised or happy with what has already been shown.

I am expecting Super Mario Galaxy HD collection honestly. Seems like something they can create quickly to celebrate an anniversary plus it will have more effort that All-Stars Wii.

Rich!

so what have you guys got ready for the nintendo conference? food and battle station show off time!

my food/drink (all I've got to eat today, diet be fucked)

8i6toj1q2-qg-_0keyyuwgtua2.jpg

55" TV set up for the stream:

gamepad for GAF and N3DS XL on an alternative stream incase things go fuck up:

pringles

Yesterday was exciting, sure, but to be fair games like the FF7 remake, TLG and Shenmue 3 are still all really, really far away. I'm sure Nintendo could have an amazing Direct by showing off things like ZeldaU, new Metroid, F-Zero, and 3D Mario games all scheduled for Holiday 16 or beyond. But they'll likely focus on games much closer to actually being released.

The_Lump

Banned
so what have you guys got ready for the nintendo conference? food and battle station show off time!

my food/drink (all I've got to eat today, diet be fucked)

55" TV set up for the stream:

gamepad for GAF and N3DS XL on an alternative stream incase things go fuck up:

Like a boss.

I am expecting Super Mario Galaxy HD collection honestly. Seems like something they can create quickly to celebrate an anniversary plus it will have more effort that All-Stars Wii.

Unlikely. Super Mario Galaxy 2 is on the eShop, as well as Super Mario Galaxy in Japan. Besides, there's really not that much to update in Galaxy games, and I don't see this game working with something other than Wii Remote + Nunchuk.

maxcriden

This one I'm a bit iffier on since SMG games are downloadable on Wii U now. Maybe as a 3DS port?

MS and Sony did solid conferences both, Nintendo one better deliver.

Hoping to see some NX stuff.

You won't. Nintendo dismissed all NX/QoL/mobile talk on this E3, as well as NX talk whatsoever until 2016. That's why Iwata is not attending this E3, too, since there's no new hardware to present.

Kid Icarus Uprising 2 WiiU
Twilight Princess HD
Metroid Prime 4 by Retro
Diddy Kong Racing 2 by Monster Games cross play
more MK8 DLC
Animal Crossing WiiU
Pokemon cross play game between 3DS and WiiU
More Wii games added to the VC (The Last Story, Kirby Return to Dreamland) available today
GameCube games added (Super Mario Sunshine available July 3, Wave Race: Blue Storm added July 10, Paper Mario: A Thousand Year Door available July 17, next one six months later when Nintendo remembers)
Star Fox 1 and 2 SNES added to VC available later this year

Pick one or two of those and it'll be a lot closer to reality, but I can dream, dammit.

This one I'm a bit iffier on since SMG games are downloadable on Wii U now. Maybe as a 3DS port?
While that is true, All-Stars Wii was released with SMB1 - SMW were on Wii VC.
I would not count VC releases as any clue.

Sunshine HD could be more realistic, but I am expecting an HD remaster.

-Minsc-

Regardless of what Nintendo shows this has still been a great E3. Nintendo already has had a great E3 so I could bear the direct being sparse. So I'll either be pleasantly surprised or happy with what has already been shown.
From the vantage of big announcements I honestly don't expect Nintendo to trump Sony (though you never know). I'm cool with that since I fully expect Nintendo to completely demolish the others by having loads of playable content on the show floor.

Coketruck

Yep! So you can safely set those hype levels into overdrive. :)

Nice. I'd love a Wii U AC, but only if they make some meaningful changes/updates to the formula. In other words, not just a City Folk-style uprezzed port of New Leaf. The potential for what they could do with the Gamepad and tightly-integrated Miiverse support is awesome.

Fanuilos

From the vantage of big announcements I honestly don't expect Nintendo to trump Sony (though you never know). I'm cool with that since I fully expect Nintendo to completely demolish the others by having loads of playable content on the show floor.

Very true, this one of the reasons I still buy Nintendo games. I know what I'm getting when I buy a Nintendo game because they actually show their games.

jimi_dini

Agree that there won't be Super Mario Galaxy HD. It wouldn't make sense to do it.

And I don't think how a 3DS port of SMG would work. Sure, I guess you could use the touchscreen for collecting stars and so on, but hmm i don't think it would work properly.

I'm hoping for Eternal Darkness HD. Or a remake of Super Mario Sunshine - with all the crap removed. Properly designed levels and so on.

Or well what about Legend Of Zelda - Ocarina Of Time + Majora's Mask HD for Wii U?

Twilight Princess on 3DS, that would be nice.

..a rep said it before...Nintendo tweeted along thoses lines....and in the last US Direct Bill Trinen said at E3 they'd be focusing in depth and detail on games launching in 2015 and early 2016 (he emphasised early ).

http://www.nintendo.com/nintendo-direct/06-01-2015/#/video-ndirect
You can see him say it here at around 10 min 25 seconds.

That's not to say they won't have a few announcements for later..but they have given the impression 3 times (that I know of) that they'll have a clear focus on games launching this year.

The "depth and detail" part and the emphasis on 2015 and early 2016 really crushed my hopes for this one...

KodaRuss

Pretty much decided that I am going to get a 3DS XL but I am going to wait until their conference this morning before deciding which one to get. I have not bought a Nintendo console or handheld since the gameboy color...

Sorry Nintendo but I am really excited about another Nintendo

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
3 more hours!!!

The year long wait is almost over.

3:45 more hours until the empty feeling of having to wait a full year for the next E3.
Regarding Nintendo, you won't have to wait long. The 75th Annual General Meeting of Shareholders is on June 26. ;)

In Iwata Asks about Super Mario 3D Land, Nintendo developers said that they experimented with video of Super Mario Galaxy 2 gameplay on 3DS screen but weren't satisfied - everything was too small.

Am I the only who doesn't expect to see indies in the direct? I feel like they'll keep the direct for bigger games, with the indie stuff being handled via treehouse and stuff they're already doing like nindies @home

Top Bottom