• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct | Mario Kart 8 Deluxe isreceives paid DLC (remastered courses) 48 additional courses will be released in waves until the end of 2023

I watched some videos and I feel like I understand better what people are talking about, as someone who never played the phone game or any phone game ever, umbasa.

This phone game I never played had not only original tracks but also its own retro tracks, and those done up retro tracks look good but not as good as the tracks in MK8. And those tracks are being ported to the switch version of MK8, correct? So like, choco mountain isn't getting a new version made in HD based on the OG N64 track, the N64 track had a new version made in the phone game and now that version is going into MK8 with some mild improvements to lighting and textures.

Would I be right in thinking then, that the phone game has 16 retro tracks since that's a common amount for MK game, and all of those will be among the 48 new tracks added, since they've already "been made?" Or did I get the wrong idea somewheres

EDIT: cause that would mean we can know what a bunch of the tracks, or 16 at least, will be

Last edited:

Soapbox Killer

Grand Nagus
Got a switch too man and its nothing but that a secondary console.
It's all relative brother. I have a Switch (actually 3 but that is another story), an Xbox Series S, and a PS5. My PS5 is getting no play right now, not because it's "bad," it's just my gaming habits don't fit with the console. Not a reflection on the quality that Sony put out.

Banjo64

cumsessed
Having an OLED display makes the switch much more appealing IMO.

I absolutely loved my Vita. I used to platinum single-player games using remote play like Spider-Man and Spyro, just so I could play on the OLED screen.

As to whether it’s a good primary console; some of the games I’ve loved the most on my PS and Xbox over the last few years are all on Switch.

Ori 1 & 2, Streets of Rage 4, Hades, Yooka Laylee, A Hat in Time, A Plague Tale: Innocence and the Crash Bandicoot and Spyro the Dragon trilogies.

If I was forced to go with only one console it’d definitely either be the Switch or the PS5.

Swift_Star

Banned
To break it down for you folks as gently as possible.

This clearly indicates that the game is a GaaS, live service game. And that’s fine.

Keep that in mind in other threads when you complain bitterly about GaaS and ‘live service’ games.
There’s no grind or MTX involved. This is just an expansion pack.

I watched some videos and I feel like I understand better what people are talking about, as someone who never played the phone game or any phone game ever, umbasa.

This phone game I never played had not only original tracks but also its own retro tracks, and those done up retro tracks look good but not as good as the tracks in MK8. And those tracks are being ported to the switch version of MK8, correct? So like, choco mountain isn't getting a new version made in HD based on the OG N64 track, the N64 track had a new version made in the phone game and now that version is going into MK8 with some mild improvements to lighting and textures.

Would I be right in thinking then, that the phone game has 16 retro tracks since that's a common amount for MK game, and all of those will be among the 48 new tracks added, since they've already "been made?" Or did I get the wrong idea somewheres

EDIT: cause that would mean we can know what a bunch of the tracks, or 16 at least, will be

There are 36 retro tracks in Mk Tour not including the datamined ones (Coconut Mall, Shroom Ridge, Sky Garden). However Donut Plains, Yoshi circuit, Neo Bowser City and Royal Raceway are already in MK8 Deluxe. Choco Mountain and Toad's Circuit are in wave 1 so that makes 30 retro tracks in MK tour that could get ported but one of those is a variant of the same course (Bowser Castle 1 & 2 GBA) so that makes 29.

Last edited:

Mozza

Having an OLED display makes the switch much more appealing IMO.

I absolutely loved my Vita. I used to platinum single-player games using remote play like Spider-Man and Spyro, just so I could play on the OLED screen.

As to whether it’s a good primary console; some of the games I’ve loved the most on my PS and Xbox over the last few years are all on Switch.

Ori 1 & 2, Streets of Rage 4, Hades, Yooka Laylee, A Hat in Time, A Plague Tale: Innocence and the Crash Bandicoot and Spyro the Dragon trilogies.

If I was forced to go with only one console it’d definitely either be the Switch or the PS5.
Without a doubt, the Switch looks awesome on my LG C1 OLED, think I am in love with that T.V. :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom