• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 16 - Texans 2-0 vs Jags, 4-2 vs AFC South. This week 7-8, Playoffs next year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Desperado

did anyone even watch this game?? there were at least 3 times where i thought the game was over but it wasn't...I slept through most of it but the last 5 minutes were something else...Dante Hall...you know it was gonna come down to him.

I kinda just listened to the first half....then watched almost all of the second since I had 15 points riding on it in the pick-em. I can't believe the play calls the Chiefs had with 2 minutes left, 1st and 10, and the Raiders with only 2 timeouts left. Incomplete pass, a piss poor run, and another pass play that results in a fumble recovery for the Raiders and allows them to kick the go ahead field goal. I was ready to put my foot through the TV. But then the Oakland coaches bail me out by calling another of the world's worst play calls next to the prevent defense....the squib kick. Dante Hall to inside the enemy's 40 and the winning FG a few plays later. And some more of my Christmas was saved.

Miguel

:lol

Does no one else realize how much of a sack of shit Champ Bailey is? He's getting beaten left and right, and bailed out at least twice this game by Lynch, especially on that pass in the endzone after the muffed punt.

TheDuce22

Banned
if you have a shitty run defense, that can fall on the MLB. the eagles run defense is a fucking joke. trotter has only started half the season or so. it's ridiculous that he was even on the balloting, but whatever.

Eagles currently have the #3 rush defense in the NFC, 11th in the NFL. The difference in this defense since Trotter took over cannot be ignored.

Bowser

Panthers have a very real chance at the #5 seed in the NFC...

If the Vikings lose @Washington and the Panthers beat both Tampa and New Orleans, both would teams would have an 8-8 record. Since there is no head-to-head tiebreaker, conference records would be used. If the Vikes lose to the Skins, they'd have a 5-7 conference record while the Panthers (with wins against Tampa and New Orleans) would have a 7-5 record, making them the #5 seed. I hope this happens because if the Panthers do make the playoffs, I think it'd be better to face Seattle at home then Green Bay at home.

So basically, go Panthers this week and next, and go Skins next week :D

DMczaf

Bowser said:
Panthers have a very real chance at the #5 seed in the NFC...

No more Gramatica, pal! It's Jay Taylor's time to shine! Your steroid abusing punter wont scare him!

35-jay%20taylor.jpg

... :(

Meier

Dude what's going on with Warren Sapp? Saw him for the first time this year in the KC game and he looked like he had put on at least 50 pounds, likely more. The man had become svelte in this later years with the Bucs but now he's back to being a total fatass. It's kinda sad actually.

P.S. How does Simeon Rice not make it to a Pro Bowl with 13 sacks? INSANE

Pimpwerx

Hmmm, so that's what that Reggie White tribute was for? I totally ignored it b/c I thought it was some anniversary thing. RIP Reggie. No more crazy religious rants indeed. :(

Anyway, wtf is up with Fox running a Falcons game with no Vick? Who the hell makes the tv schedules? If there's something the NFL could do to improve the product, it's making more flexible tv contracts. So I never have to sit through another game of two 1-9 teams. This regional action bullshit is lame as hell. I don't know how many great games I've missed as a result. PEACE.

Eminem

goddamit, Griese!
nfl messiah with a pick. awwww.

...and boller returns the favor

and also, FUCK YOU FRED TAYLOR. if i lose my fantasy game this week, i'm blaming your injured ass.

Pimpwerx

Saints fans: Has Aaron Brooks played this badly all season? Man, has this guy ever had a good season? He has these random flashes of brilliance, but mostly he's been terrible. And Deuce McCallister has been totally forgotten in the last couple of seasons due to injury. I forgot he was the best big back in the league...well, unless you count Jamal Lewis as a big back too. But Deuce has the speed, agility, power and he's got hands...whenever Brooks can throw it properly that is. :lol PEACE.

DCX

DCX
woah!! Matt is the second coming!!! :lol I'm glad Schaub is getting a chance we need the insurance with Vick being " fragile "

DCX

Mrbob

Fucking A Lovie Smith, two weeks you decline a delay of game penalty on a punt on 4th and 5 and now two times the offense has decided to go for it and convert on 4th down. Ugh.

Mrbob

Jags getting torn apart by Houston?

Good. :D

I dislike those Jacksonville punks more than any other team in the NFL besides Green Bay.

Miguel

Mrbob said:
Jags getting torn apart by Houston?

Good. :D

I dislike those Jacksonville punks more than any other team in the NFL besides Green Bay.

AHAHAHAHAHA

BRING IT BACK!

:lol

First and THIRTY

iapetus

Scary Euro Man
Miguel said:
iapetus does his best TheDuce22 impression in 3...2...1...

Can't help you there. I'm too busy copying and pasting "We suck." on the Jags Yahoo chat. Fred Taylor out, Byron Leftwich playing with concussion. When was the last time the Texans and Jaguars got to play with healthy teams on both sides? 1836?

EAJAPAN

That Umpire should make an appearance on Jacked Up tomorrow. :lol

Colts getting stomped on...why didn't I go with my initial leading towards San Diego in the tipping comps.. :(

Also a question, do the networks in the US broadcast the football in standard definition widescreen?

Mrbob

Eminem said:
colts can't pass at all

Oh shit Terry Shea and the Bears offensive scheme has infected the Colts!

God, the only game I have on TV right now is the Bears/Lions and I don't want to watch this pourous offense anymore! So pitiful. Going on 10 straight quarters without a TD. For those not to verse in football language this equates TO TWO AND A HALF FUCKING GAMES WITHOUT A TD. I never thought Shoop could be topped but I think it has happened this year. Grossman please be 100 percent healthy all year next year! :/

Eminem

goddamit, Griese!
Mrbob said:
Oh shit Terry Shea and the Bears offensive scheme has infected the Colts!

God, the only game I have on TV right now is the Bears/Lions and I don't want to watch this pourous offense anymore! So pitiful. Going on 10 straight quarters without a TD. For those not to verse in football language this equates TO TWO AND A HALF FUCKING GAMES WITHOUT A TD. I never thought Shoop could be topped but I think it has happened this year. Grossman please be 100 percent healthy all year next year! :/

:lol yeah, i have that game on, but it's so hard to watch. it's disgusting, really.
I'm watching that miserable ass game, the colts game, and the steelers game. the other two are good. sucks for you =p

manning with another chance to get 48 here....

Tamanon

Banned
:( *AND* Leftwich is out with a concussion. DAMMIT!

-edit-

No, Leftwich has a concussion and is playing, GET HIM THE HELL OUT AFTER THAT PICK!

I know, I know, the unthinkable has happened and the Colts offense, perhapse affected by that damn record, is off kilter, and is struggling a bit. No reason to keep their heads down though. Just got to work thru it.

Mrbob

Bears D sucking this game too.

Making Harrington look like Manning (The good one). So many 3rd and long (10+) the Bears D has given up a first down on. Hideos team.

Desperado

EAJAPAN said:
I know New Orleans have just scored, but watching them play, one word and only one word comes to mind - bumbling.

They've always been that way. Since..forever.
Damnit AJ you gotta come up with that, you're stronger than pretty much any defender they can put on you...oh well it was a good play by Washington...

And how can Domanick look so bad and so good in the same game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom