• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 16 - Texans 2-0 vs Jags, 4-2 vs AFC South. This week 7-8, Playoffs next year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mooreberg

If the Bills can come up with a win over the steelers and St. Louis beats the Jets, does that knock the jets out of a wild card spot?

Archaix said:
No shit. I'm pissed the Steelers are going to be resting players like Duce and possibly Ben. They need practice against the Bills,because there's a damned good chance they'll play again in about three weeks.

I get the feeling that if Duce can go, he'll see some time next week. If not, they might try to get Bettis his 1000 yard season early in the game or else it's the Haynes and Parker show the whole way. Look for Kendrell Bell, Chad Scott and possibly Clark Haggans to play some too.

Rodriguez

Mooreberg said:
If the Bills can come up with a win over the steelers and St. Louis beats the Jets, does that knock the jets out of a wild card spot?

Denver would also have to beat Indianapolis for the Jets to be knocked out.

Mooreberg said:

Only if the Broncos win as well.

AFC wild card chase breaks down like this:

If the Jets and Broncos win, they're in, regardless of what the Bills do. Broncos would edge out the Bills due to better AFC record if they both win.

If the Jets lose, Bills win, and Broncos win, then Jets sit home while Broncos and Bills go. Bills would edge out the Jets in the division in that scenario.

If the Jets lose, Bills win, and Broncos lose, then the Bills and Jets make it.

If the Jets win, Bills win, and the Broncos lose, then the Jets and Bills make it.

If both the Broncos and Bills lose, then a whole new can of worms opens up involving the Jags and Ravens (assuming that either or both win of course.)

Mooreberg

Alright thanks for the info. I'm not sure there's a very good chance of the bills topping the steelers and the Broncos beating the Colts in the same weekend.

Bowser

Mooreberg said:
http://www.nfl.com/standings

It says they already clinched a playoff berth... even though they could potentially go 8 - 8. Man the NFC is something foul this year... :lol

If Minnesota and St. Louis win and the Seahawks lose, it'll make St. Louis and Seattle both 8-8, with the Rams winning because of the tiebreaker, and then the Carolina/New Orleans game won't matter beacause the Seahawks and Vikings are gauranteed playoff berths. Thank god the Jets have something to play for next week, hopefully they beat the Rams.

bionic77

Archaix said:
No shit. I'm pissed the Steelers are going to be resting players like Duce and possibly Ben. They need practice against the Bills,because there's a damned good chance they'll play again in about three weeks.

It doesn't make any sense to play those guys for a game that means nothing.

And they don't need any practice to beat the Bills. Stop the run and don't give Drew any time to throw the ball. Better for them not to see our full game because the more you play someone the harder it gets to beat them as they get to know your tendencies.

:lol :lol I'll never forget his interview with TO years ago after the Sharpie incident

Sean: Don't you see that instead of talking about your teams performance, all we are talking about is this Sharpie thing?

TO: You right, so why we talkin' about it?

Sean: ...

Jon Stewardt: Owens then pulled out a sharpie, and autographed Salisbury's ass before handing it to him.

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
Spectral Glider said:
Only if the Broncos win as well.

AFC wild card chase breaks down like this:

If the Jets and Broncos win, they're in, regardless of what the Bills do. Broncos would edge out the Bills due to better AFC record if they both win.

If the Jets lose, Bills win, and Broncos win, then Jets sit home while Broncos and Bills go. Bills would edge out the Jets in the division in that scenario.

If the Jets lose, Bills win, and Broncos lose, then the Bills and Jets make it.

If the Jets win, Bills win, and the Broncos lose, then the Jets and Bills make it.

If both the Broncos and Bills lose, then a whole new can of worms opens up involving the Jags and Ravens (assuming that either or both win of course.)

The only way the Ravens get in is in the following scenario:

"In addition to beating the Miami Dolphins on Sunday, the Ravens (8-7) need the Buffalo Bills to lose to Pittsburgh, the Denver Broncos to lose to the Indianapolis Colts and the Jacksonville Jaguars to either lose to or tie the Oakland Raiders to clinch the AFC's final playoff spot. A win by either Buffalo, Denver or Jacksonville would end the Ravens' season."

Now with that in mind... I expect Pitt to win unless they play incredibly reserved like the Eagles did last night, I expect the Colts to win, but it's that Jacksonville, Oakland that is probably gonna doom us... and IMO rightly so. We don't deserve post-season play this year.

Myllz

DarienA said:
The only way the Ravens get in is in the following scenario:

"In addition to beating the Miami Dolphins on Sunday, the Ravens (8-7) need the Buffalo Bills to lose to Pittsburgh, the Denver Broncos to lose to the Indianapolis Colts and the Jacksonville Jaguars to either lose to or tie the Oakland Raiders to clinch the AFC's final playoff spot. A win by either Buffalo, Denver or Jacksonville would end the Ravens' season."

Now with that in mind... I expect Pitt to win unless they play incredibly reserved like the Eagles did last night, I expect the Colts to win, but it's that Jacksonville, Oakland that is probably gonna doom us... and IMO rightly so. We don't deserve post-season play this year.

I think it's safe to say the Jags and Ravens are pretty much out of it. The Bills won't lose to Pittsburgh unless they decide to play their starters the entire game, which they won't. Roethlisbergerwithbaconandcheese might not play at all, which means it's go time for Maddox. Plus the Colts will beat Denver. Manning will play at least the half, and that's enough time to put up 31 points on the Denver defense.

Really enjoy watching the Colts play now. Always have been a Manning fan since college. Manning is the best football player in the NFL since Marino. Great year for football fans!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom