• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT2| Brought To You By Buckethead™

Status
Not open for further replies.

cdyhybrid

Is Johnny Manziel gonna be one of those Jake Locker types who looks amazing in college and cant hold down the starting job sufficiently?

Manziel doesn't have the physical measurables that Locker has. He's small. If he gets drafted high it'll be because of his game tape.

MechDX

I never understood why you respond to these posts seriously. Do you have to actually see your denials spelled out to resist believing?

Or he really is a closet Jag supporter.

Is Johnny Manziel gonna be one of those Jake Locker types who looks amazing in college and cant hold down the starting job sufficiently?

As weinke stated, Ryan Leaf 2.0. Guy has a self destruct button that will go off when he gets drafted

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
I wouldn't mind the CFL offering Tebow a starting gig. Comes back a Canadian legend!

Tebow will play football again if he doesn't get another gig in the NFL, whether CFL or AFL, and will bring a ton of media attention with him and whatever league he goes to.

It's kind of crazy thinking he led the Broncos to a playoff win and one of the most amazing regular season runs less than two years ago and can't at least get a shot with one team in the NFL.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msP2CRdPgXc

^One of my favorite plays in NFL history.

Tamanon

Banned
If there is a future amazing QB to be taken, Clowney may go second.

Reggie White didn't win anything until he came to Green Bay and Demarcus Ware hasn't won a thing. If you want to win a Super Bowl it has to start with the QB. Although a pass rush is definitely that second piece to the puzzle.

Basically next years last place team may have to be prepared to be disappointed.

Eh, Ravens proved it doesn't necessarily start with the QB in both of their Super Bowls.

Sanjuro

Tebow will play football again if he doesn't get another gig in the NFL, whether CFL or AFL, and will bring a ton of media attention with him and whatever league he goes to.

It's kind of crazy thinking he led the Broncos to a playoff win and one of the most amazing regular season runs less than two years ago and can't at least get a shot with one team in the NFL.

I just googled CFL. Apparently, the owner of one of the teams said Tebow will be doing the same thing he did in NY, benchwarm.

Godslay

Banned
We'll see. It'll be interesting once Peyton leaves to see who gets the keys to this team.

It's a ways off (hopefully), and I'd guess unless Dysert is clearly better, I'm guessing Brock will get first shot. Still, I think just looking back between the two Dysert is more polished than Brock. Could very well be wrong, and we really won't find out until TC and Preseason. We always need a QB controversy!

BTW, (not pointed at you Harry) chocolate diamonds irritate me. Basically, lets find a way to market shitty brown diamonds!

iJGIb761O5QH8.gif

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Eh, Ravens proved it doesn't necessarily start with the QB in both of their Super Bowls.

That's more of an anomaly than anything. Joe Flacco had a hell of postseason in terms of making clutch plays when it mattered and just managing the ball and not turning it over when it mattered. Flacco isn't a Top 10 QB in the league talent wise IMO, but he's certainly better than Trent Dilfer was. The league has changed since the Dilfer Ravens won a SB, and nowadays you need a QB who can throw the ball to win a SB.

I just googled CFL. Apparently, the owner of one of the teams said Tebow will be doing the same thing he did in NY, benchwarm.

Not that I don't believe you, but link? cause I'd like to read that story. That would be such a stupid decision from a financial standpoint for the CFL. Tebow is probably better than most of the QBs in the CFL anyway.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member

That tends to be more the exception than the rule. And as much as I disparage Flacco, the worst teams in the league have absolute trash at QB. Unless you're the Lions then your QB gets so winded huffing it down to the red zone that he'd rather Hanson kick a field goal so he can sit down and scarf down some Culvers.

Tamanon

Banned
That's more of an anomaly than anything. Joe Flacco had a hell of postseason in terms of making clutch plays when it mattered and just managing the ball and not turning it over when it mattered. Flacco isn't a Top 10 QB in the league talent wise IMO, but he's certainly better than Trent Dilfer was. The league has changed since the Dilfer Ravens won a SB, and nowadays you need a QB who can throw the ball to win a SB.

Not that I don't believe you, but link? cause I'd like to read that story. That would be such a stupid decision from a financial standpoint for the CFL. Tebow is probably better than most of the QBs in the CFL anyway.

It's was on PFT I saw earlier, the Montreal Oulliettes or whatever. They've got his rights if he ever goes to the CFL. Said they're happy with their QB.

Fox318

Pretty sure the Jets ruined Tebows career.

The press from Tebow is why he wasn't picked up more than anything. Tebow will never play another snap because of the media that harasses the team at this event. The first ever openly gay athlete of the top 4 sports and the only thing that espn wants to talk about dearly is TEBOW.

The press from Tebow is why he wasn't picked up more than anything. Tebow will never play another snap because of the media that harasses the team at this event. The first ever openly gay athlete of the top 4 sports and the only thing that espn wants to talk about dearly is TEBOW.

So much hate for Tebow.Jets fans deserve buttfumble.

bionic77

Thats funny because he is the one most at fault for ruining tebows career.
:lol

Funny one asshole. Rex never wanted Tebow and went out of his way to fuck him. When he benched Sanchez he started a nobody over Tebow. That was a total bitch move from a fat fuck who can't do shit on offense. I hope Revis gave his horse faced wife AIDS and I hope your franchise always sucks.

Godslay

Banned
Pretty sure the Jets ruined Tebows career.

If they just would have stuck it out with Tebow their franchise would have had a chance to be respectable. Now they are cursed.

Some may say that is rich coming from a team that traded him away! Maybe so, but we paid for trading him away. An eye for an eye. OT Miraculous win for us with Tebow, repaid by a Flacco Evil Fail Mary to set up the miraculous OT win for the Ravens. Our karma is clean, but the Jets are just beginning the repayment period.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
If they just would have stuck it out with Tebow their franchise would have had a chance to be respectable. Now they are cursed.

Some may say that is rich coming from a team that traded him away! Maybe so, but we paid for trading him away. An eye for an eye. OT Miraculous win for us with Tebow, repaid by a Flacco Evil Fail Mary to set up the miraculous OT win for the Ravens. Our karma is clean, but the Jets are just beginning the repayment period.

Your curse is going to be a continuous stream of first game playoff exits. Just you watch.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
I thought this one was:
forsett_td.gif

Damn you, that honestly ruined my Thanksgiving. I blame the refs before I blame the Texans though. We will have our revenge if you guys happen to make the Super Bowl.

NFL GAF I WILL HAVE AN EXTRA NINTENDO PIN FOR LUIGI'S MANSION TONIGHT. IF YOU REGISTER THE CODE WITH A NEW 3DS XL YOU GET A FREE GAME. PM ME

Fox318

:lol

Funny one asshole. Rex never wanted Tebow and went out of his way to fuck him. When he benched Sanchez he started a nobody over Tebow. That was a total bitch move from a fat fuck who can't do shit on offense. I hope Revis gave his horse faced wife AIDS and I hope your franchise always sucks.

A nobody? Tell that to Timmy. Last time they met in college Timmy was crying like a bitch.

Godslay

Banned
Damn you, that honestly ruined my Thanksgiving. I blame the refs before I blame the Texans though. We will have our revenge if you guys happen to make the Super Bowl.

NFL GAF I WILL HAVE AN EXTRA NINTENDO PIN FOR LUIGI'S MANSION TONIGHT. IF YOU REGISTER THE CODE WITH A NEW 3DS XL YOU GET A FREE GAME. PM ME

Good man.

bionic77

A nobody? Tell that to Timmy. Last time they met in college Timmy was crying like a bitch.
Don't compare the most famous and greatest college player of all time to some shit qb who never started before the Jests decided to make an example out of him!

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Good man.

Is your 3DS XL relatively new? IIRC you need to have bought your 3DS XL from like January onward plus register Luigi's Mansion to get either SM Land or Star Fox 64 for free. I'll PM it to you when I get the game in about an hour or so if you want it.

I sold my 3DS XL to my younger brother about a month ago. Despite how much I try, handheld gaming is not for me. My hands get too cramped and I just prefer sitting on a couch in the living room playing.

Godslay

Banned
Is your 3DS XL relatively new? IIRC you need to have bought your 3DS XL from like January onward plus register Luigi's Mansion to get either SM Land or Star Fox 64 for free.

I sold my 3DS XL to my younger brother about a month ago. Despite how much I try handheld gaming is not for me. My hands get too cramped and I just prefer sitting on a couch in the living playing.

I don't want it I was just commenting on your generosity.

I got Starfox out of that deal. I had every other game on the list though, barring that art game and the freakyforms.

I've been able to play the XL without cramps, but the Vita kills my hands.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
I don't want it I was just commenting on your generosity.

I got Starfox out of that deal. I had every other game on the list though, barring that art game and the freakyforms.

I've been able to play the XL without cramps, but the Vita kills my hands.

I'm the opposite. After a little bit the XL starts hurting, have no problems with my Vita.

Godslay

Banned
I'm the opposite. After a little bit the XL starts hurting, have no problems with my Vita.

The OG 3DS is a killer. I can only play that for maybe 20-30 mins at a time.

I wish that the Vita didn't cause cramps, because it makes me dread using it, and I end up not wanting to play because of achiness in my hands.

squicken

Yep. I thought the love for Tebow here was mostly in jest but I now think otherwise.

Rex didn't play Tebow b/c he feared it would "ruin" Sanchez and create a QB controversy that would be too much to handle. Really, Rex is a total moron as a head coach. Great coordinator that almost got his team to a SB, but no clue how to manage an offense

I mean the man has a tattoo of his wife wearing a Sanchez jersey. How do you let a guy who films his wife getting fucked by his players make decisions on how to develop Geno? It's hard to think of a more incompetent franchise than the Jets. It's staggering. I mean the coach wants the players to fuck his wife! How can you possibly expect them to respect him enough to not go running off to the press with every thought that crosses their heads?

bionic77

Does Starfox still hold up? That game was a beast on the N64.

Man the 64 had some all time greats, but after those gems not much else.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Does Starfox still hold up? That game was a beast on the N64.

Man the 64 had some all time greats, but after those gems not much else.

Yeah, StarFox 64 still holds up gameplay wise and even graphically, especially on the 3DS. Zelda OOT 3DS is great as well. That Rareware thread on Gaming side had me thinking about how great the N64 was back in the day. It certainly helped to have Rare dropping Perfect Dark, Goldeneye or Banjo Kazooie between droughts of Nintendo releases.

I think Nintendo is finally starting to realize they can't have huge drought between major releases and not have some sort of backlash. The Wii U has been out almost a year and Nintendo expects me to pay $300 for Super Mario Wii U and nothing else? No thanks, I ended up getting a PS3 and Dark Souls for the exact same price, plus I get Blu Ray (which I didn't have before).

Dark Souls is crack on a Blu Ray disc. Holy shit what an addictive and great game it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom